Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 11:24 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Lovely Saturday so far. Chess, iced coffee, a bit of the boob tube (ghost whisperer). I have to get my but in gear and go blow the leaves.
I let Mother Nature blow my leaves.

Many of my trees are Coniferous, like doug fir, incense cedar, etc. Yet thar are also many deciduous trees (leaf bearing) about like Oak, maple, dogwood, madrone,alder, cherry, apple, plum, etc.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:25 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Awww, does your husband feel left out?
One track mind on this forum! I don't know where he is. He might be keeping up his end of the bargain (mowing the lawn) while I'm loafing it.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:30 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
I miss raking my leaves in NC

Old 09-17-2011, 11:36 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Ahhhh, life in paradise. <takes a deep breath.......and>
It made AOL news (Huffington Post) - a dubious distinction, but still ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/16/davis-monthan-air-force-base-lockdown_n_966650.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl14|sec3_lnk1|96297

Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
You lead an exciting life! I can't see why they would be doing that at that time of night, either - I think it was a cover-up ... they were probably disposing of some old alien spaceships from Area 51!
I don't know wtf this was... It's never happened in the 3 1/2 years I've been living in this house and I've lived at about the same distance from the base before. As a matter of fact, I've lived even closer to it distance-wise, but the area was more built-up. The base is huge, but my house is at least 10 miles away from the closest fence.

They did this shi*t 2 more times when I was trying to doze off - at about midnight and 1 a.m. I haven't looked at the paper yet, but I'm pretty sure the local media won't inform us what was this about and why the heck they chose that specific day! As far as that "gunman," most likely that WAS a boogieman needed to justify something... I'm not sure how the neighbors found out what was happening. Some of them ARE in the military, so perhaps they texted some buddies on the base.

I'm really worried about my garage door, though, and I don't know what to do about it... I read about it before and I know that's happened to other people - Why is My Garage Door Opening by Itself? | Garage | Exteriors | This Old House - but I haven't seen a good answer. "Phantom operation" is not good enough. Perhaps I should get some technician to come over, but it's like a software bug that happens only under very rare circumstances... If you can't reproduce it, it doesn't exist...

So, the weekend started out great! It's almost 11 and I'm barely out of bed and feel like I'm hungover.

Quote:
The cops were very understanding - said he had some outstanding warrants and dragged him off to County. Hope they still have a medic there ...

Turns out he was boinking the guy-next-door's wife, so I guess you could say I'm starting to clean up the area.
I see you had excitement, too. I wouldn't make comments that would get me into a fight, but that's me.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't know wtf this was...
Too bad Jesse Ventura wasn't around to expose things!

Quote:
I'm really worried about my garage door, though, and I don't know what to do about it... I read about it before and I know that's happened to other people - Why is My Garage Door Opening by Itself? | Garage | Exteriors | This Old House - but I haven't seen a good answer. "Phantom operation" is not good enough. Perhaps I should get some technician to come over, but it's like a software bug that happens only under very rare circumstances... If you can't reproduce it, it doesn't exist...
I've never had a garage door open like that - there's something major-league wrong there ... and it seems like it should be a simple fix.

Just get the techie there and give the base a call - tell 'em to blow something up again.

Quote:
So, the weekend started out great! It's almost 11 and I'm barely out of bed and feel like I'm hungover.
Someday you'll look back at this and laugh.

Quote:
I see you had excitement, too. I wouldn't make comments that would get me into a fight, but that's me.
Meh - I have no fear and I'm always up for some early-morning sparring - especially when the perp needs to be taught a few lessons in manners.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I've never had a garage door open like that - there's something major-league wrong there ... and it seems like it should be a simple fix.
We've had some serious thundering and lightning, but that doesn't do it. The first time it happened it was because of the fireworks and they aren't nearly as bad. Also, they're done very far away from my house. I don't know why they affected my door just this one time... This now was shaking the ground! At first I thought it could be an earthquake! Of course, you never know what Raytheon and plenty other places of similar nature do around here... We have too many of them! Wish they could all go to hell!

Quote:
Just get the techie there and give the base a call - tell 'em to blow something up again.

Someday you'll look back at this and laugh.
Yeah... very "funny," Chunk. Not nearly as "funny" as the rivers around you, but still "funny."

Old 09-17-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
We've had some serious thundering and lightning, but that doesn't do it. The first time it happened it was because of the fireworks and they aren't nearly as bad. Also, they're done very far away from my house. I don't know why they affected my door just this one time... This now was shaking the ground! At first I thought it could be an earthquake! Of course, you never know what Raytheon and plenty other places of similar nature do around here... We have too many of them! Wish they could all go to hell!
I would think it's the electronics being affected, but I might be wrong. I know certain frequencies can open a door, in fact the bad guys have a gizmo that tries random frequencies, but usually the door will open all the way.

Quote:
Yeah... very "funny," Chunk. Not nearly as "funny" as the rivers around you, but still "funny."
Oh, c'mon - if you don't laugh you cry - it's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I would think it's the electronics being affected, but I might be wrong. I know certain frequencies can open a door, in fact the bad guys have a gizmo that tries random frequencies, but usually the door will open all the way.
I know about the frequencies. I was reading how some remotes may be able to open your door (or if something is done around using the same frequencies). The first time it was open all the way. That's why I was told I "forgot" to close it. I don't forget such things. As a matter of fact, I never leave until I see the door all the way down because I know they're finicky. This time it'd stopped about a foot up - almost open, but not all the way. That's just a technicality... For all other purposes, it's wide open!

Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I know about the frequencies. I was reading how some remotes may be able to open your door (or if something is done around using the same frequencies). The first time it was open all the way. That's why I was told I "forgot" to close it. I don't forget such things. As a matter of fact, I never leave until I see the door all the way down because I know they're finicky. This time it'd stopped about a foot up - almost open, but not all the way. That's just a technicality... For all other purposes, it's wide open!
You might try two things I've seen responsible for this, if you haven't already -

1. Make sure the wiring for the door isn't shorting out - staples, nails etc. can cause intermittent shorts.

2. Re-set the code on your remote and "flush" the memory - instructions should be with your original paperwork (if you have it) or search online for the manufacturer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships