Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 04:44 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,057,150 times

Advertisements

First of all, good for you. It's a great feeling to suddenly find you are attractive to the opposite sex. I hope you continue to develop the positive features you wrote about.

I am your mirror image and I can tell you for sure, PEOPLE are superficial. It's not limited to one sex or the other. I was ugly for most of my life and therefore, invisible. It took me a while to figure it all out and adjust to being moderately attractive. I'm still not comfortable with it all the time. Just like you, I am still learning.

Being attractive changes your life. Male co-workers started seeking out my opinion and speaking to me. People who had ignored me for years. Why? I didn't get any smarter. The guys who changed my oil for ages were suddenly falling all over themselves opening doors for me and being concerned about my comfort. They sure didn't do these things when I was ugly.

We are all guilty of judging people by their appearance. My best advice to you is don't dislike the people who love you now but would have turned up their noses at you before. Give them a chance. More of a chance than they gave you. Always remember, you were invisible to them and they just never saw you before. Don't hate and place blame, just accept it.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:03 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,733,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
First of all, good for you. It's a great feeling to suddenly find you are attractive to the opposite sex. I hope you continue to develop the positive features you wrote about.

I am your mirror image and I can tell you for sure, PEOPLE are superficial. It's not limited to one sex or the other. I was ugly for most of my life and therefore, invisible. It took me a while to figure it all out and adjust to being moderately attractive. I'm still not comfortable with it all the time. Just like you, I am still learning.

Being attractive changes your life. Male co-workers started seeking out my opinion and speaking to me. People who had ignored me for years. Why? I didn't get any smarter. The guys who changed my oil for ages were suddenly falling all over themselves opening doors for me and being concerned about my comfort. They sure didn't do these things when I was ugly.

We are all guilty of judging people by their appearance. My best advice to you is don't dislike the people who love you now but would have turned up their noses at you before. Give them a chance. More of a chance than they gave you. Always remember, you were invisible to them and they just never saw you before. Don't hate and place blame, just accept it.
Great post!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:24 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,614,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
From my understanding, a two is someone who is just above the bottom of the barrel. Doesn't shower enough, eats with their mouth open, disgusting in every way and not even trying. No one wants to be with that. If a '2' put in a minimum of effort toward hygiene and appearance they could easily become a 3, so since they obviously don't care why should you?
I think some are missing the point of my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
When you're a 2, you take what you can get. But if you know you have the potential to do better, then you're doing yourself a disservice not to achieve that potential.
Not necessarily, I know some 9's and 10's who have to take what they can get. Besides, who is to say what a 2 is anyway. I think Sandra Bernhard is a 2 in the looks department, but I'm sure she is a 10 to someone else.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:36 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,951,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Not necessarily, I know some 9's and 10's who have to take what they can get. Besides, who is to say what a 2 is anyway. I think Sandra Bernhard is a 2 in the looks department, but I'm sure she is a 10 to someone else.
Well, by all means, send those female 9's and 10's my way. I'm sure they'll be glad to "settle" for plain old me.

But I think what it all comes down to is that this whole scale of attractiveness comes down to the individual. The OP wasn't attracting the women that he himself was attracted to, so he decided to do something about it for himself.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:56 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,744,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
How about I send you a picture of my package. You would probably like it.
Excellent comeback

Old 09-28-2011, 07:13 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,556,927 times
all individuals of either sex taking care of their appearance, looking good (as good as possible), smelling nice, being fresh and clean, keeping themselves fit, dressing smart, etc. are much, much more likely to attract people they wish to attract, get jobs they wish to get, leave a good impression everywhere they go, have others trust them etc.

Of course, there's more than that if you want to go past first impressions but, without that, at least don't expect women, or men, to want you or even notice you. You might get lucky, but you probably won't.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 PM

135 posts, read 147,034 times
Truthfully I think im the opposite lol. About a year and a half ago I woulda given myself maybe a 6 or 7 in the looks department. However after being all of what ive been through and dating in the last year I feel like a 2 and I think woman look at me like im a 2 as well....

Old 09-28-2011, 07:26 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Women think that way. They won't even give you a chance if your 1,2, or 3 unless they know they themselves are unattractive , they are unattractive and they have to settle for less.
Veyron..men do the same thing to women! Come on, I am glad you improved upon yourself. But lets keep it real. This is the society we live in. It's all about looks.

The better you look, the more people you can attract. This is 100% correct for both men AND women. That is the way it is. For every man who is a 2 who cant get women to look at him, there is a woman who is a 2 who cant get men to look at her. Such is life. Sucks sometimes, doesnt it?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,022,260 times
Somebody made a comment about being physically attractive and how people respond better to you. Thats true. No homo but guys treat you better as well. I'm not gay or anything but they do respect you more. I was always a big guy so I'm a little intimidating but now guys are even friendlier as gay as that sounds.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:43 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,022,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
First off I say leave the kid alone..he is so young..he got a new toy and doesn't really know how to use it yet. Second the scale thing is ridicoulous..as has already been stated my 5 might be anothers 3...it is really all about who you are genuinely attracted to. Does the OP know what type of women he is even attracted to? Being on the outskirts of the social strata kinds skews the process of deciding who you like because you just want ANYONE to notice you. When you transition to the inside and start getting the attention you crave you tend to accept all comers. It takes time to realign your thinking and become a meaningful dater. When he gets more experienced he will know who he is looking for and the numbers will be much less important. Also, during this process his conversation skills will improve. IMHO his conversation skills are lacking because he is A) young and B) he has not had much experience in meaningful conversation with women because of his prior status.
I say in a year his new look will have aged with him and he will have settled in nicely..keep up the work on your healthy lifestyle and your personality and you will be fine. And remember...the internet is forever. No package pics. That is my opinion but you don't know your future and you don't want to be a "Wiener" do you?

It is like a new toy. I never got attention like that before like I did from the 30 yr old. I pretty much blew it though. She still checks me out from time to time and she acts as if she's not interested but I catch her checking me out in her peripherals.

People on here told me to stay away from her so I did. I deaded all communication with her not thee other way around.

It's also like I can feel her attraction towards me.

I still don't know how to manage or take advantage of it.

Thx for the positivety and I am lazy when I type on message boards.

As nice as the attention is it gets kind of annoying. I actually appreciate when a women doesn't check me out. You can't turn it off or on. Being stared at all the time gets uncomfortable and women are just as bad as men. Sometimes worse. Again; they will walk in front of you, touch or just straight up grill.

As strange as it sounds I think I only like women who don't check me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships