Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 09:52 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times

Advertisements

I met my present lady friend in a grocery store. I saw her and she looked good to me. I just went to where she looking at something and made a comment that there is so much to choose from. She said yes there is. She had a little girl with her and I asked is this your daughter. She said no, it is my niece. I smiled at the kid and said hello. I said your auntie is pretty.The kid said yes she is. She (auntie) smiled and the conversation started. Found out she was single, two little boys and no man in her life. Told her I was a widower with no children at home. I gave her my calling card and said if you would like to go to lunch sometime, call me.

Been going on for over a year now. Big difference in our ages and it is a casual thing but for now, it works for the both of us.

Just be polite when you approach someone. They will soon let you know if they wish to continue the conversation. Do not push it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 04:14 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
Well the upside is she’ll likely shop more efficiently and spend less money that day.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:34 PM

1,058 posts, read 675,615 times
That how people get shot...being all creepy.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
That how people get shot...being all creepy.
I shot the last creep...with my LG Tribute HD.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:02 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
On the subject of random people checkin' you out in public...(if not 100% on target with the ones who follow you around)...

I was out with my boyfriend yesterday and he said quietly, with a smile, that this young man was checking me out. I said, "You know, when someone looks at me, like, noticeably, I always assume it's for the same reason that I do that, which is that they remind you of someone you know, and you're trying to place it, or you think maybe you know them from somewhere." He said, "Yeah, well he must have thought he recognized your behind then." Hm. What makes me feel all about that, is that I was not dressed attractively. I had loose fitting Tripp pants, and a GWAR hoodie on. So I said maybe he noticed my hoodie, maybe he likes GWAR. My boyfriend said, "You need to learn to accept that you are a pretty lady, you know." Thing is, I wasn't trying to false-modest my way out of the implied compliment, I just was trying to figure out how on earth any man would have looked at me in that moment and seen anything worth noticing, especially from behind. Those particular clothes really don't show off any of my "assets."

Old 02-19-2018, 07:36 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
On the subject of random people checkin' you out in public...(if not 100% on target with the ones who follow you around)...

I was out with my boyfriend yesterday and he said quietly, with a smile, that this young man was checking me out. I said, "You know, when someone looks at me, like, noticeably, I always assume it's for the same reason that I do that, which is that they remind you of someone you know, and you're trying to place it, or you think maybe you know them from somewhere." He said, "Yeah, well he must have thought he recognized your behind then." Hm. What makes me feel all about that, is that I was not dressed attractively. I had loose fitting Tripp pants, and a GWAR hoodie on. So I said maybe he noticed my hoodie, maybe he likes GWAR. My boyfriend said, "You need to learn to accept that you are a pretty lady, you know." Thing is, I wasn't trying to false-modest my way out of the implied compliment, I just was trying to figure out how on earth any man would have looked at me in that moment and seen anything worth noticing, especially from behind. Those particular clothes really don't show off any of my "assets."
Attractive women come in all shapes and sizes and wear all different types of clothes.

Maybe your GWAR hoodie added to your attractiveness, not because it enhanced your body but because it gave a glimpse into your personality.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:37 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
I watched the video of the guy watching
Drew Shodin at Target in ND and other women at Victoria's secret after they found Drew's shoe, then body, 20 miles from where I lived in MN. My daughter was working at the same mall and walking back to the dorm afterward. I no longer think it's "curious" or intetestng, I couldn't care less about the guy's lack of social skills, some guys don't know how to behave bc they just got out of prison or the state Hospital. I no longer give anyone the benefit of the doubt in that kind of situation.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:24 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
It a public area.

You’re going to see lots of “strange” activity happening if you look for it.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:59 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,114,048 times
I don't think I have been "stalked" by guys in stores, but when I visited Tokyo a few years back, I couldn't help but notice some guys tracking women, or rather school girls, in stores and streets.

I didn't think much of it but then a friend who lives there, did say that some guys carry bags with hidden cameras inside. And when carried around out on the street it was possible to video women from a very long angle - primarily to take "upskirt" shots!

I did a little research, and yeah it's quite a common thing, and yet a woman in the a store wouldn't think any different other than acknowledging a creepy guy seemingly following her, but at a distance, and carrying a bag.

So with that in mind I am always on my guard if anything similar happens to me.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:03 AM

19,387 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I watched the video of the guy watching
Drew Shodin at Target in ND and other women at Victoria's secret after they found Drew's shoe, then body, 20 miles from where I lived in MN. My daughter was working at the same mall and walking back to the dorm afterward. I no longer think it's "curious" or intetestng, I couldn't care less about the guy's lack of social skills, some guys don't know how to behave bc they just got out of prison or the state Hospital. I no longer give anyone the benefit of the doubt in that kind of situation.
It's really kind of sad, but you can't anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships