Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,580 times

Advertisements

Men and Women both do this. Especially Women. I am very muscular and handsome and I can tell immediately when I walk into a room all of the women straighten out their backs, start messing with their hair, checking makeup and what gets me is they all do it at the same time. I make them drop objects all the time also. And yes, on plenty of occasions they get in their cars and pretend they are going in the same direction I am. I also drive a nice car as well; this really kills em. I usually lose them or make driving maneuvers that suggest I am on to them. There is nothing creepy about any of it. We are creatures guided by attraction. As long as the other person doesn't break any laws or go too much of a distance to get what they want then it is completely healthy. Have fun scoping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 11:32 AM

102,266 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoTheNut View Post
Why do you think they do this? I find it odd and am trying to understand what's behind it. When I see a good-looking guy, I think "oh, wow, he's handsome" and I go about my business, assuming that he's taken or out of my league. If he's in my vicinity, I'll probably steal some glances. If I have the courage and he seems approachable, I'll find an excuse to talk to him. But, it has never occurred to me to follow him around.

One time I was at the grocery store early in the morning. Very few people in there. I noticed this guy and then I saw him hovering near a woman and playing with his cell phone. I assumed they were a couple becasue I saw them in the same scenario once or twice more, including in the check-out line. They left separately.

Question for men, have you had women follow you around?
If this happens to you, alert store security or staff.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:35 AM

22,414 posts, read 29,548,164 times
OMG that is the worst thing. I'm like GTF away from me. I usually call them out on it and they run away

Old 05-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out. It makes sense when you explain it. The guy who was following me and the guy following the woman in my example were decent looking guys though. I guess just not confident enough about themselves. And maybe it was just my situation, but when I actually approached the guy trailing me, he freaked out.
That's a sign that he did not have benign or legit intent. Another thing you can do, besides alerting store staff, is confronting him loudly, so others can hear. "WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME AROUND THE STORE?!". Men tend to count on women remaining silent and being easily intimidated, so you can call their bluff by creating a scene. Creeper guys like the one you describe will be mortified, and store staff will be supportive of you.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdavis View Post
Men and Women both do this. Especially Women. I am very muscular and handsome and I can tell immediately when I walk into a room all of the women straighten out their backs, start messing with their hair, checking makeup and what gets me is they all do it at the same time. I make them drop objects all the time also. And yes, on plenty of occasions they get in their cars and pretend they are going in the same direction I am. I also drive a nice car as well; this really kills em. I usually lose them or make driving maneuvers that suggest I am on to them. There is nothing creepy about any of it. We are creatures guided by attraction. As long as the other person doesn't break any laws or go too much of a distance to get what they want then it is completely healthy. Have fun scoping.
You don't find it creepy and are able to let it roll off your back because you're bigger and stronger than the women who follow you around. Think about it: the opposite is true in the case of men following women around. Try to imagine what it would be like to be in the weaker, more vulnerable position your whole life.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:56 AM

855 posts, read 1,387,055 times
Quote:
Why do you think they do this? I find it odd and am trying to understand what's behind it. When I see a good-looking guy, I think "oh, wow, he's handsome" and I go about my business, assuming that he's taken or out of my league. If he's in my vicinity, I'll probably steal some glances. If I have the courage and he seems approachable, I'll find an excuse to talk to him. But, it has never occurred to me to follow him around.

One time I was at the grocery store early in the morning. Very few people in there. I noticed this guy and then I saw him hovering near a woman and playing with his cell phone. I assumed they were a couple becasue I saw them in the same scenario once or twice more, including in the check-out line. They left separately.

I've had women check me out in a the supermarket and make certain effort to meet me in every isle. Unlike the fairer sex, I don't get creeped out or throw the psycho label at her like they do to us, unless she deliberately invades my personal space without my permission.

Women do the same. They are just more subtle about it, kinda like the security cameras. Women position themselves to maximize checking out a guy without getting noticed. Sometimes they will follow outside the store, keeping him in eyesight to scrutinize the vehicle his drives.

Men just drop the groceries and stare when a hot chick walks buy.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Men just drop the groceries and stare when a hot chick walks buy.
Some guys do try to conceal the fact that they're checking a woman out. They'll watch from across a room, or they'll try to peer from behind a wall or a door, or they'll watch out of the corner of their eye. If you walk up to them to say hi and chat, they get all flustered.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:48 PM

752 posts, read 1,167,244 times
Quote:
I think you're right. One time, this guy was trailing me and looking at me. I thought he was attractive. I decided to go up to him, because I know I can look unapproachable. Well, he seemed put-off that I was talking to him and wouldn't make eye contact. I thought, "oops, I misread his signals." So, I exited the conversation sheepishly and went on my way. Well, after a little bit, he was back to trailing and starring.
Autism.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:58 PM

855 posts, read 1,387,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some guys do try to conceal the fact that they're checking a woman out. They'll watch from across a room, or they'll try to peer from behind a wall or a door, or they'll watch out of the corner of their eye. If you walk up to them to say hi and chat, they get all flustered.
Not all the time. Some guys do get the goosebumps and start sweating sometimes when a woman boldly comes forward to engage him.

Women get weak in the knees or fear for their safety depending on the looks of the guy who approaches them. If he unfairly looks the part of creep by your own intuition, he'll get a harassment warning from mall security or she'll make her way as fast as she can to the checkout counter.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:17 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,368,639 times
Quote:

Of course I have people follow me around in stores. After all, I'm a young black man. .

The woman especially like to search me and find out what I'm "packing." J/K

But in all seriousness, guys just seem to do that... to anyone. I also have guys making it a point to get in my personal space. I called one guy out as he ran right into me in a wide open area.

Women rarely follow me around, or they are just really good at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships