Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:47 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,400,089 times

Advertisements

A man with any game doesn't follow strangers of either gender around a store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,152,306 times
I have no idea why they do this, but it happened to me twice this past week and it was extremely obvious...and creepy.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:18 PM

346 posts, read 498,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Any man that follows a woman around in a store is a total creep. It's very weird behavior.
Agree 100%. CREEPY.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:23 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,259,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip8056 View Post
Agree 100%. CREEPY.
Don't judge me!

I'm just kidding lol

I once followed a girl around when I was working retail in high school. I just thought she was beautiful and I couldn't take my eyes off her; I didn't make a pass because my ex girlfriend was working at the same store at that time though.

I've done it a few other times when I think someone looks familiar and if I know them; I'll approach them, but besides that; it's not the norm for me.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:24 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,138,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoTheNut View Post
Why do you think they do this? I find it odd and am trying to understand what's behind it. When I see a good-looking guy, I think "oh, wow, he's handsome" and I go about my business, assuming that he's taken or out of my league. If he's in my vicinity, I'll probably steal some glances. If I have the courage and he seems approachable, I'll find an excuse to talk to him. But, it has never occurred to me to follow him around.

One time I was at the grocery store early in the morning. Very few people in there. I noticed this guy and then I saw him hovering near a woman and playing with his cell phone. I assumed they were a couple becasue I saw them in the same scenario once or twice more, including in the check-out line. They left separately.

Question for men, have you had women follow you around?
Well, if you are wanting to meet someone, and didn't have a chance to meet anyone, and not sure how either, and then you come across this woman in the store that seems appealing to you, it's such a shame to just pass and let her go...

Would you want to make contact? Most people are too shy for that. And most women would be creeped out (unnecessarily).

Why are they creeped out? If a man saw you, and this is the only chance he has to see you (and then you will be out of his life forever possibly), why shouldn't he make a few moments last as long as possible?

yes, it's not a form to stare or to follow, but think of a person who liked you and is going to lose you in the next moment forever.... such a shame

i wish the form was that people were allowed to exchange email addresses and start writing to each other and getting to know each other, rather than simply passing by their chances...

Old 10-05-2011, 01:31 PM

257 posts, read 609,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoTheNut View Post
Question for men, have you had women follow you around?
I just asked my b/f and he said he's never been aware of any girl following him around a store. Smiled at and flirted with a few times when paying for something but never followed.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:53 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,455,683 times
I haven't been followed around the store, thank goodness. I HAVE had guys follow me across town and then I saw them at the store while shopping. I suspect more guys than I know of have done this. Or it might just be a coincidence.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:10 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,442,165 times
Follow around a store? now that is weird. If I'm walking in a city to a destination and I see a hot girl on my journey, damn straight I will be checking her out. But I won't usually alter the course of my travel to do so. Checking out girls when driving, that is a whole new subject, one filled with danger lol.

Last edited by dave nz; 10-06-2011 at 06:33 AM..

Old 10-06-2011, 06:48 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,024,822 times
I just assume they're store detectives. Except once, this guy and his woman passed the isle I was in. He looked at me, did a double take, then told her he'd catch up in a minute. He came down my isle alone and said, Damn girl, you got some nice legs! I ignored him and he repeated it. I ignored him some more and he started bad-mouthing me. I still ignored him. I don't think he was a store detective.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:58 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,415,792 times
I think it happens to me every once and a while at the super market, but sometimes I don't know if it's just coincidence or if they're intentionally following me; looking for that moment of eye contact or an opportunity to approach me.

I can't say I ever got the "creep" vibe from any of them though. It takes a lot more than that for me to get creeped. Maybe being so tall and having to deal with strangers stare, point and/or approach me all my life kind of desensitized me from the creep factor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships