Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 03:48 PM

112 posts, read 67,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
"Why do guys even bother with online dating?"

Sure seems to me that those of us who have met our guys through OLD might have some insight into that. But, then again, I'm just a woman, what would I know about my own relationship and how my guy feels?
I suggested why, as a guy that did it. And as a guy that has done every other sort of game too.

I compared the lot.

You "poo-pooed" it. Never really dealt with my points at all.

Quote:
Oh, and thanks for the tip about "my sort of stuff". I'll take your words under advisement, for sure.
You are the sort of lady that need to have the last word!

Figures

Consider me "told off" then lol.

You can relax now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 03:56 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,423,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1end View Post
Same. I have friends that do well in real-life, and they use online as a supplement.

That would come under laziness. They use it for easy dates. They tell me as much

And they are actually aghast that I'm not using it!

Okay, you are limiting yourself, drastically.

I don't have the energy to approach the beautiful women that I see in real-life. The abundance is crazy.

So many beautiful women.

You really can't see that?

What is your game? How are you meeting women?
How am I limiting myself if I just said I use it as a supplement? I only said that I seem to actually get dates with online dating, as opposed to real life. I have no problem approaching and meeting women in real life, but they either seem to never be single, or just aren't into me (or don't want to date right now).

If I only said I do online dating, and never attempt to meet anyone in real life, then I could possibly see your point about limiting myself.

And I have a date with a very attractive Asian woman I met off Bumble tomorrow night, and has made it clear from our convos that she's into me big time (which no woman has ever done before)

Old 01-20-2017, 04:17 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,367,444 times
Quote:
I suggested why, as a guy that did it. And as a guy that has done every other sort of game too.

I compared the lot.

You "poo-pooed" it. Never really dealt with my points at all.

You are the sort of lady that need to have the last word!

Figures

Consider me "told off" then lol.

You can relax now.
We have a lot of men on here saying that OLD doesn't work for them, but many of them also say that nothing works for them. Then there are men who say that they have so few positive interactions that it's just not effective in a cost(effort)/benefit sort of way. You seem to view it differently from either of those groups. When you say it's "lazy", are you really arguing that something that works and works with less effort than something else is anything but efficient? Isn't that the definition of efficiency, to get a result with less effort?

Or are you implying that men who "resort" to OLD are admitting some kind of failure? You said that earlier, I think. Isn't that like saying that people who fly rather than taking a train are admitting to their failure as a train passenger? Maybe they just like getting there faster.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
How am I limiting myself if I just said I use it as a supplement?
Ah, a misunderstanding.

I was referring to the post, as if you said "I never run into any women that I'm into".

When you actually made a point about them being already taken.

I agree, that is a bugbear. It's a major form of rejection for me also.

It's not always legit of course. It's just a rejection.

But that is a normal part of proceedings.

I get lower rejections in real-life, than I did on the internet.

And the thought of sending spam messages to women over a website is rediculous.

The women posting would be smart to take that in point. There is absolutely no "magic" involved in that process at all

Quote:
I only said that I seem to actually get dates with online dating, as opposed to real life. I have no problem approaching and meeting women in real life, but they either seem to never be single, or just aren't into me (or don't want to date right now).
I did ask how you are meeting these women.

Don't think that the approach doesn't matter.

Quote:
If I only said I do online dating, and never attempt to meet anyone in real life, then I could possibly see your point about limiting myself.

And I have a date with a very attractive Asian woman I met off Bumble tomorrow night, and has made it clear from our convos that she's into me big time (which no woman has ever done before)
If you get laid on the first date. Or the second, come back and say it.

Methinks she will expect you to dance to her tune. Just a feeling

I also have a second date tomorrow with an attractive Greek woman that I met on the streets. We are playing on my frame, with some simple compromises.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:46 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,039,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
We have a lot of men on here saying that OLD doesn't work for them, but many of them also say that nothing works for them. Then there are men who say that they have so few positive interactions that it's just not effective in a cost(effort)/benefit sort of way. You seem to view it differently from either of those groups. When you say it's "lazy", are you really arguing that something that works and works with less effort than something else is anything but efficient? Isn't that the definition of efficiency, to get a result with less effort?

Or are you implying that men who "resort" to OLD are admitting some kind of failure? You said that earlier, I think. Isn't that like saying that people who fly rather than taking a train are admitting to their failure as a train passenger? Maybe they just like getting there faster.
It seems to me that there also is an element of perceived loss of control on OLD. That, somehow, a guy can't assert his dominant prowess if he encounters a gal online. Or something like that.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:56 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,423,239 times
Quote:
Ah, a misunderstanding.

I was referring to the post, as if you said "I never run into any women that I'm into".

When you actually made a point about them being already taken.

I agree, that is a bugbear. It's a major form of rejection for me also.

It's not always legit of course. It's just a rejection.

But that is a normal part of proceedings.

I get lower rejections in real-life, than I did on the internet.

And the thought of sending spam messages to women over a website is rediculous.

The women posting would be smart to take that in point. There is absolutely no "magic" involved in that process at all

I did ask how you are meeting these women.

Don't think that the approach doesn't matter.

If you get laid on the first date. Or the second, come back and say it.

Methinks she will expect you to dance to her tune. Just a feeling

I also have a second date tomorrow with an attractive Greek woman that I met on the streets. We are playing on my frame, with some simple compromises.
In my case, it's generally been true (that they do in fact have boyfriends, which I've later found out).

For real life, I usually meet women at bars, but also in environments that are meant to be social in general.

Lol, if anything, it's been working towards my tune (but like you, also simple compromises), and she's showing way more interest in me than I am in her. And nice! I'm actually Greek myself.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
In my case, it's generally been true (that they do in fact have boyfriends, which I've later found out).
Harder for me to tell, in the span of about 5-10 minutes

Quote:
For real life, I usually meet women at bars, but also in environments that are meant to be social in general.
Bars should be quick game. But that might depend on age, somewhat.

A kiss, same night sex, definitely a number at least.

Actually had my best relationship last year from the pub/club scene.

Quote:
Lol, if anything, it's been working towards my tune (but like you, also simple compromises), and she's showing way more interest in me than I am in her.

Quote:
And nice! I'm actually Greek myself.
I like brunettes. So, It's inevitable.

The first girl that I ever french kissed was Greek too. Bumped into her today

Old 01-20-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post

Excuse me. I missed this post.

Yeah. My perspective is that it's either fear or laziness.

I went on there as an escape to get out of the grind of approaching, for example. And I was always honest with myself about that. That was when I was beginning to properly cold-approach women, and the process was really hard for me.

I have friends who are successful in general with women, who use it as laziness. They want to set up easy, convenient dates. They don't want the rigmaroll of the constant approach. That's fair enough, becuase they are being honest.

I also have friends and family members who use it as pure avoidance. It comes from fear. And that actually gets them into very bad situations.

I could tell you some stories from my recent life....

Actually, sod it. Why not?

I have a cousin who goes on Tinder a lot. Rich guy (I come from a good family), but crap with women.

Got with a single mother off of Tinder that already had two kids from two different men. After just one or two months of going out, she had a "pregnancy scare". Turns out that it was wrong

Then, surprise, a month after that, she really does fall pregnant (they've been to the doctor, I think).

Now, even the women in my family are saying that the first "scare" was a test, to see how he would respond. She obviously has marked him out as a good provider.

Why didn't he just dump her after that first one? Fear and laziness. It's like a man in the desert, that finds a pool of water. He doesn't know when the next one is coming along, so he stays there - come what may.

Men with decent options, an abundance mindset, have a different perspective. I find.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
It seems to me that there also is an element of perceived loss of control on OLD. That, somehow, a guy can't assert his dominant prowess if he encounters a gal online. Or something like that.

I think you're right. I get the sense that it can be viewed as "soft", or not particularly masculine , at least that's the sense I get in this thread.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Excuse me. I missed this post.

Yeah. My perspective is that it's either fear or laziness.

I went on there as an escape to get out of the grind of approaching, for example. And I was always honest with myself about that. That was when I was beginning to cold-approach women, and the process was really hard for me.

I have friends who are successful in general with women, who use it as laziness. They want to set up easy, convenient dates. They don't want the rigmaroll of the constant approach. That's fair enough, becuase they are being honest.

I also have friends and family members who use it as pure avoidance. It comes from fear. And that actually gets them into very bad situations.

I could tell you some stories from my recent life....

Actually, sod it. Why not?

I have a cousin who goes on Tinder a lot. Rich guy (I come from a good family), but crap with women.

Got with a single mother off of Tinder that already had two kids from two different men. After just one or two months of going out, she had a "pregnancy scare". Turns out that it was wrong

Then, surprise, a month after that, she really does fall pregnant (they've been to the doctor, I think).

Now, even the women in my family are saying that the first "scare" was a test, to see how he would respond.

Why didn't he just dump her after that first one? Fear and laziness. It's like a man in the desert, that finds a pool of water. He doesn't know when the next one is coming along, so he stays there - come what may.

Men with decent options, an abundance mindset, have a different perspective. I find.

Unplanned pregnancies started in 1954, decades before OLD was even a glimmer in Al Gore's eye

Your cousin's weakness lies in dating someone he's not interested in, if he really wasn't, and not in the means he used to meet her. Or perhaps in his being reckless in not seeing to it that a pregnancy didn't happen. I think mishgas73 and Metaphysique are saying that the men they're with used OLD precisely as a means to assertively connect with women they liked, were attracted to, and who they had a better chance of being compatible with. Sounds like a win to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships