Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2017, 01:30 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,044,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1end View Post
Don't be so rude.

I'm ultimately malleable. Constantly adapting, and looking to do so.

Make a good case. I'm listening.
Make a "good case" for what? That you can't speak for the experiences of all humankind? I think that's just a simple fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 01:34 PM

221 posts, read 185,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
A relative of mine did that with me last year and I didn't like that at all. I immediately deleted the profile. I'll stick to doing it in real life.
I hear ya on that. My thinking is if I can't meet anyone in person then it's not meant to be.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:37 PM

112 posts, read 67,158 times
Quote:
Two of my friends met their wives and one met his current girlfriend online. I don't need it either since I always met women in real life but it does work for people.
So you think that getting married is a "success"?

Why?

It's the majority of my friends who were always the worst with women that are married right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Make a "good case" for what? That you can't speak for the experiences of all humankind? I think that's just a simple fact.
You are being an obscurantist. It's helpful to no-one.

I'm speaking from experience - which is considerable.

You are merely saying "nu-uh".

Pointless. If you want a discussion on particulars, I'd be happy to have it.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,343,435 times
Quote:
So you think that getting married is a "success"?

Why?

It's the majority of my friends who were always the worst with women that are married right now!

You are an obscurantist. It's helpful to no-one.

You make a good point. It's easy to get married but it takes work to stay married.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Pieces of Flair View Post
I hear ya on that. My thinking is if I can't meet anyone in person then it's not meant to be.
Are we mirror images of each other? I am the exact same way. In the upcoming future if I can't meet a woman in real life then I am not meant to be in a relationship. No exceptions.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:41 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,426,882 times
Quote:
Are we mirror images of each other? I am the exact same way. In the upcoming future if I can't meet a woman in real life then I am not meant to be in a relationship. No exceptions.
Your loss, and your life.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:44 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,044,638 times
Quote:
You are being an obscurantist. It's helpful to no-one.

Your experience makes you an expert on one thing...

Care to guess what that is?

That being said, you are making universal statements which are simply false.

Example: "Men date down online".

Some men do, I'm sure. Others do not. There are some people, of all genders, who have figured out how to utilize OLD to actually find what they want in a partner. Some have found people to be with that they simply would not have encountered in their daily life. No "dating down" whatsoever.

That this has been your experience, no matter how "considerable", doesn't make it true for the rest of the world.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Your loss, and your life.
Can't be my loss if I accept that

Old 01-18-2017, 01:52 PM

112 posts, read 67,158 times
Quote:
You make a good point. It's easy to get married but it takes work to stay married.
I'll speak to someone actually wanting to converse on a real level.

My mates that got married all did so because the women chose them.

These were either weak men (god bless them), or strong but ignorant men.

A man behaving from abundance would have to get quite an amazing deal to subject himself to that...

Therefore, what is an amazing deal?

A woman that treats you like you've never been treated by anyone else? (but that leads into scarcity, a lack of interested women. Merely a fault in the man).

A woman far better looking than what you have been previously able to attain? (once again is a scarcity argument. The point should be in attracting more of that type of woman).

A need for comfort? (this is the big question. Some of my most respected friends have fallen in to that one. And that is because they aren't used to bossing the dynamics of their relationships. They are used to a woman calling all the shots, therefore they see marriage as a natural step.)

Interesting discussion to have, I think. I obviously mean no disrepect to anyone with a different opinion

Old 01-18-2017, 02:19 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,431,419 times
I think, online dating can supplement a persons dating chances; coupled with real life interactions. So I think its a good thing. One has really nothing to lose, and all to gain by throwing themselves out there for consideration.

I also think, a lot of people have too high of an expectation when it comes to online dating, making it difficult, especially for guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships