Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 12:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,665,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
If getting messages by older men online taught me anything, a lot of men think they age into fine wine when the truth is they aged into vinegar. Like fine wine, men who age well are out there, but are the exception, not the norm. Everybody ages and most people look better when they were younger. And I would say there are some women who age from milk to fine cheese as well, but again, not the norm.
I think it depends. Whether someone takes care of themselves becomes apparent at age 35, my age.

There are men and women that either make a concerted effort to look good or have let themselves go.

I'm chatting with a very cute lady in her early twenties as we speak. I think for many young ladies, they are attracted to older men. I do exercise routinely however and take care of myself.

I'm don't find a number of ladies my age attractive as they've let themselves go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 12:20 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,491,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I think it depends. Whether someone takes care of themselves becomes apparent at age 35, my age.

There are men and women that either make a concerted effort to look good or have let themselves go.

I'm chatting with a very cute lady in her early twenties as we speak. I think for many young ladies, they are attracted to older men. I do exercise routinely however and take care of myself.

I'm don't find a number of ladies my age attractive as they've let themselves go.
It's good that you take care of yourself and it does help. My boyfriend is almost 10 years older, but he's lead a good clean life. He's a bit chubby though, but he knows that he's got some middle aged spread, but that's minor. But most men don't seem to take care of themselves like you do. Like the women you see, the men I saw let themselves go or just didn't age well (genetics catches up with them).

Old 01-17-2017, 08:04 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,559,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
It seems like most guys who use online dating will never get a date, even if they message 1000 different girls. If you are not very attractive and have a good paying job, most women wouldn't even bother with you. It seems like a waste of time and money for most guys since women can be extremely selective.
Backpage.com is the way to go. Why is this thread so long?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:21 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,177,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Because prostitution is illegal, those men not looking for relationships but looking to get laid have to go through the whole song and dance routine to get sex.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:27 PM

636 posts, read 394,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
As such, I gave up looking. Let it find me instead.
That's what online dating is.
Make your profile, set it, and forget it. Spend a little time replying to messages. All reward, no risk.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:19 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,665,717 times
Quote:
Backpage Pulls Adult Ads, Blames 'Censorship' After Report on Sex Trafficking, Prostitution - NBC News

Apparently not anymore. Pretty sad a guy can't even pay for fake companionship lol.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:03 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,427,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Backpage Pulls Adult Ads, Blames 'Censorship' After Report on Sex Trafficking, Prostitution - NBC News

Apparently not anymore. Pretty sad a guy can't even pay for fake companionship lol.
Eh, you still can, but just got to be smart about it.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:19 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,242,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Because prostitution is illegal, those men not looking for relationships but looking to get laid have to go through the whole song and dance routine to get sex.
Thank goodness people with this attitude broadcast it like a neo sign! Then women don't have to throw up in their mouths in person.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,830,230 times
Quote:
Not long ago I had the CEO of a company I work for get busted for visiting a prostitute.

The board fired him, his name and mugshot were all over the news, and his life was basically ruined.

I have no moral objection to prostitution but the consequences are clear. I am guessing that if you advocate prostitution as a solution to dating problems, you must not be a person with very much to lose.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:12 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,738,680 times
I'm not against online dating but for men it is a challenge as most men don't get a inbox full of messages. Its a numbers game and eventually your time will come. Maybe I'm wrong, but why not go all the way and sign up for a paid service like match or eharmony, at least you know people there take it more seriously.

Idk, anyone want to chime in on paid vs non-paid sites?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships