Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2017, 12:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,316,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Even in real life, women want guys that looks like Justin Timberlake and has a six figure income. If not, you're not getting any dates.
I look like Steve Urkel and have been on many dates and almost got married. Sure some women are shallow like that but they aren't all like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 01:15 PM

112 posts, read 66,947 times
Men go through online dating for two reasons: laziness and fear.

In terms of laziness, they just don't have the time to commit to meeting women elsewhere. Approaching on the street, and in the pubs/clubs. This is how I play, and I assure you that it's a commitment. Most women are a "no", and that is despite looking good, and having good 'game'.

In terms of fear, most men are petrified of being rejected. Far easier to hit up girls behind the comfort of their computer than to put themselves in front of real life women. Most guys can't deal with the ego-destruction that approaching necessitates.

Ultimately online dating is a woman's world. And it isn't even set up for them to be happy either. The only people really being satisfied are the businessmen.

The point for everyone should be learning to be natural. Not in adapting to some sort of synthetic love.

As for the male experience, fact is that a lot of women online aren't there for the same reasons that you are. A lot of women are there for the validation, not to seriously meet someone. That might change if they think they have a real chance with "Pablo the spotted unicorn", but otherwise expect a good amount of flakey behaviour. Or women that are trying to date up, and have doctored their pictures.

Also, this entire process goes against a woman's natural instincts. There are many studies from sites such as OkCupid which suggest that women are basing their online choices mainly on looks. Which isn't natural for them.

We have the general societal message that men's attraction standards are becoming more and more unrealistic, when it couldn't be more opposite

What a mess. Just stay out of that circus is my advice.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1end View Post
Men go through online dating for two reasons: laziness and fear.

In terms of laziness, they just don't have the time to commit to meeting women elsewhere. Approaching on the street, and in the pubs/clubs. This is how I play, and I assure you that it's a commitment. Most women are a "no", and that is despite looking good, and having good 'game'.

In terms of fear, most men are petrified of being rejected. Far easier to hit up girls behind the comfort of their computer than to put themselves in front of real life women. Most guys can't deal with the ego-destruction that approaching necessitates.

Ultimately online dating is a woman's world. And it isn't even set up for them to be happy either. The only people really being satisfied are the businessmen.

The point for everyone should be learning to be natural. Not in adapting to some sort of synthetic love.

As for the male experience, fact is that a lot of women online aren't there for the same reasons that you are. A lot of women are there for the validation, not to seriously meet someone. That might change if they think they have a real chance with "Pablo the spotted unicorn", but otherwise expect a good amount of flakey behaviour. Or women that are trying to date up, and have doctored their pictures.

Also, this entire process goes against a woman's natural instincts. There are many studies from sites such as OkCupid which suggest that women are basing their online choices mainly on looks. Which isn't natural for them.

We have the general societal message that men's attraction standards are unrealistic, when it couldn't be more opposite

What a mess. Stay out of this circus is my advice.
It can't be laziness because it works for some men.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:23 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,021,723 times
Quote:
Your ability to speak for everyone's experience is absolutely astounding.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
It can't be laziness because it works for some men.
Works how?

Guess I should explain my online experience. I tried it for about 3 months. And, I'm a guy that really doesn't need it.

The quality of women that I'm used to seeing just ignored me. The ones beneath my usual standard were hitting me up, and initiating.

The message was clear enough. Men date down online.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:25 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,021,723 times
Quote:
Works how?

Guess I should explain my online experience. I tried it for about 3 months. And, I'm a guy that really doesn't need it.

The quality of women that I'm used to seeing just ignored me. The ones beneath my usual standard were hitting me up, and initiating.

Your experience = what everyone experiences.

Gotcha.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:26 PM

221 posts, read 184,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I'm not against online dating but for men it is a challenge as most men don't get a inbox full of messages. Its a numbers game and eventually your time will come. Maybe I'm wrong, but why not go all the way and sign up for a paid service like match or eharmony, at least you know people there take it more seriously.

Idk, anyone want to chime in on paid vs non-paid sites?
Just the other night I had a friendly acquaintance trying to sell me hard on signing up for eHarmony as he met his current wife from that site. When I dabbled in online dating in 2009-2010 I got disgusted by what a cesspool it was. It would be an understatement to say I'm less than enthusiastic about trying that route again.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Your experience = what everyone experiences.

Gotcha.
Don't be so rude.

I'm ultimately malleable. Constantly adapting, and looking to do so.

Make a good case. I'm listening.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Works how?

Two of my friends met their wives and one met his current girlfriend online. I don't need it either since I always met women in real life but it does work for people.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Pieces of Flair View Post
Just the other night I had a friendly acquaintance trying to sell me hard on signing up for eHarmony as he met his current wife from that site. When I dabbled in online dating in 2009-2010 I got disgusted by what a cesspool it was. It would be an understatement to say I'm less than enthusiastic about trying that route again.
A relative of mine did that with me last year and I didn't like that at all. I immediately deleted the profile. I'll stick to doing it in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships