Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,320,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You keep saying this, and while it may be true for a one-night stand, when it comes to the girl they're going to bring home to momma men have just as many standards as women.
no, because a lot of women who are very hot, who look like models, or just very physically beautiful, a lot of them are in long-term, serious committed relationships, and have been in many long-term relationships that lasted years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,780 times
I just wanted to get you the low down on dating sites. I am extremely experienced. The deal is this: Unattractive women who get no attention in the real world THRIVE on dating sites cuz they get SO MUCH attention on there. The odds, regardless of what you have been told- are about 5 guys for every one girl. If you notice- a lot of the women are fake profiles- spam that is masquerading as a woman- and many legitimate women appear more than once in the search results- (neither of these happens when a woman searches for men) and the women are getting single, married, old men young men, shy men who are scared to approach women in public, you name it. This gives the fattest and ugliest women a ridiculously inflated opinion of their physical beauty and, after some months, nobody save Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise is really good enough for them, they feel. Suddenly the woman who thought she was an ugly duckling discovers online she us a SI Supermodel. There will be haters to this response, but I can tell you, and the experience of my closest friends, none of whom are unattractive btw, we have all had the same experience. All of us have had FAT girls asking us for MORE photos. HAHA. Online dating sites have to be the most backward-ass, opposite-of-real-life thing going on in this world! A regular profile does not work well. There needs to be a lot of research done with how you set up a profile to get anything more than a 'Hi' response. And those responses of 'Hi', are usually a one-time deal as these female creatures (some who just remain online for years after getting bazillions of responses) search for better looking and richer men that never materialize for them anyway.

Aside from isolated instances where people do get married/hook-up, it is just a pathetic forum for ugly women to get attention they never deserved and never get in the real world. They are probably afraid to meet the online guys in person anyway, for their facade of beauty is only computer-width deep and is completely unraveled once they meet a man at a coffee shop and the guy walks out laughing.

Last edited by colfax; 11-30-2011 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Additions

Old 11-30-2011, 09:06 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,179,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colfax View Post
I just wanted to get you the low down on dating sites. I am extremely experienced. The deal is this: Unattractive women who get no attention in the real world THRIVE on dating sites cuz they get SO MUCH attention on there. The odds, regardless of what you have been told- are about 5 guys for every one girl. If you notice- a lot of the women are fake profiles- spam that is masquerading as a woman- and many legitimate women appear more than once in the search results- (neither of these happens when a woman searches for men) and the women are getting single, married, old men young men, shy men who are scared to approach women in public, you name it. This gives the fattest and ugliest women a ridiculously inflated opinion of their physical beauty and, after some months, nobody save Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise is really good enough for them, they feel. Suddenly the woman who thought she was an ugly duckling discovers online she us a SI Supermodel. There will be haters to this response, but I can tell you, and the experience of my closest friends, none of whom are unattractive btw, we have all had the same experience. All of us have had FAT girls asking us for MORE photos. HAHA. Online dating sites have to be the most backward-ass, opposite-of-real-life thing going on in this world! A regular profile does not work well. There needs to be a lot of research done with how you set up a profile to get anything more than a 'Hi' response. And those responses of 'Hi', are usually a one-time deal as these female creatures (some who just remain online for years after getting bazillions of responses) search for better looking and richer men that never materialize for them anyway.

Aside from isolated instances where people do get married/hook-up, it is just a pathetic forum for ugly women to get attention they never deserved and never get in the real world. They are probably afraid to meet the online guys in person anyway, for their facade of beauty is only computer-width deep and is completely unraveled once they meet a man at a coffee shop and the guy walks out laughing.
I don't message unattractive women. I don't message women that only have a few bland sentences written about themselves. I better be able to find something in your profile that allows me the chance to start a UNIQUE conversation, otherwise I'm moving on....she isn't even worth a "hi, how are you" at that point.

I agree with you to SOME extent, we can't lump every single woman in the world with the over-inflated egos of many of the women on these sites, but I will disagree with you on this: It's not about your profile, it's about your first message. All your profile has to do is show a little personality, not be creepy in anyway, and show that you're not desperate.

I too have many years of experience with online dating. I've found it's all about a short, cocky, silly message to get their attention. You have to put yourself in these women's shoes. They get a ton of emails from guys writing one of two ways: A.) "hey, what's up, wanna hook up?" and B.) Multiparagraph essay story about their life and why they are a good match for them. I'm sure women are sick of those messages, right? So then all they have to go on is your pictures.

I've increased my response rate tremendously by writing emails that are no longer than two sentences. I say something funny about their profile and try to get them to play along. Make it fun for them to email me back. Make it EASY for them to write back. If they have to think long and hard about your questions or address everything you've written, it becomes a chore and unless you're brad pitt she won't put the effort it. Also, try to make them laugh a little. Laughter works on EVERYONE.

Examples:

- One girl talked about how fast she can get through security at airports in her profile: "Hey, what's your record? Do you time yourself? Each time I try to go through really fast I get tackled by big security guys and get locked up for 72 hours"

- Mentions she has a dog and two cats in her profile: "Dogs and cats living together in your apt?? Must be mass hysteria!!" (she also said she's a ghostbusters fan).

- Another girl says how much she loves peanut butter sandwiches: "Hey, you better be putting jelly on that sandwich too, they're meant to be together"

- As for being cocky, it's a little more effort as you're going to intrigue them initially but in a slightly negative manner, so you have to take a few more emails to 'turn them around' and convince them you're not a bad dude before you can ask for a date. I do this by criticizing their profile: "Are all those dudes your pictures ex-boyfriends? Wow..." or "How does your grocery list of requirements work out for you?"

Now I'm not guaranteeing a 50%+ response rate, but it increased my responses quite a bit. Not all lead to dates, and they don't have to because most women aren't a good match for me. If they don't like my humor then I can find out right away we're not a good fit. If they are offended at one little cocky thing I say and won't give me a chance after that through conversation and getting to know me better afterward, then how forgiving and flexible are they? Do you want to date someone you have to jump through hoops for or would you rather date a woman who is flexible and willing to forgive you if you screw up?

You gotta TEST THEM too. It's not all about trying to impress them, you have to take measures to make sure they're even worth your time in the first place. Most women are not.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,815,659 times
Online dating and dating in general is a waste of time for me. Online dating is hit or miss, and mostly misss, but because I'm unemployed, I don't even bother. Women will judge me negatively for something beyond my control, the terrible economy. Doesn't matter that I'm educated and ambitious. Money is all that matters.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have made a lot of female friends through online dating, few friends with benefits, and 2 short relationships. I use it as a backup but if you are not getting any responses, sorry to say but there is something wrong with you or your profile.

Most women on these websites are "broken goods", lots of losers, honestly, I have never met anyone who I would consider "long term relationship worthy" but it is fun!
Hi there,
To flip that generalization around women could say that most men on these websites are players, men of low quality character looking only to score and therefore, not worth the time of quality women.
Not fair for sure, but neither is saying most online women are "broken"and only worth being treated as a notch on the post, if you will.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:42 PM

438 posts, read 656,981 times
Old thread, but hysterical nontheless. It has to be a very scary thing to be single and trying to date for either gender nowadays. Even people who are not at all attractive are imagining themselves to be 7's and 8's; and they're all looking for at least a 9. It's real easy to live in that fantasy when its all done online, and of course, the 9's do not respond. But I'm still not convinced that anyone who's a 9 would need to bother with online dating sites when they get so much attention from people who see them on the street, at work, wherever... Unless they're just very pretty, empty shells who no one wants to be with or they set the bar so high that no one they meet is ever good enough for them. Either way, not hearing back from these types of people on a dating website is actually a good thing.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:11 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,100,859 times
My wife and I met through online dating. I do not have all positive things to say about it, but not all negative either.

It is merely one of many tools to be employed.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:22 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,190,935 times
Just imagine what online dating is like for a black woman! An exercise in futility! I did a three-month trial of match.com, and met a grand total of TWO men. This was with heavy usage of the site - sending dozens of messages daily. Recent research states black women get little out of online dating. According to research done on the dating website OKCupid:

Quote:
Apparently, men replied to e-mails sent by Black women less often than they did to notes sent by women of other races--even when they appeared to be a good match, based on the dating site's calculations. "Men (including African-American men) write back to African-American women at about a 20 percent lower rate"
Black Women Have Less Success In Online Dating | Essence.com

Old 04-12-2015, 09:53 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,860,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
Just imagine what online dating is like for a black woman! An exercise in futility! I did a three-month trial of match.com, and met a grand total of TWO men. This was with heavy usage of the site - sending dozens of messages daily. Recent research states black women get little out of online dating. According to research done on the dating website OKCupid:

Black Women Have Less Success In Online Dating | Essence.com
Do you like white guys?

Old 04-12-2015, 10:03 PM

896 posts, read 1,481,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
Old thread, but hysterical nontheless. It has to be a very scary thing to be single and trying to date for either gender nowadays .
You just talked 15 people back into a really shtty marriage. Nice going Dr Phil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships