Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 11:13 AM

7,954 posts, read 8,246,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think the internet in general tends to attract misogynists and misanthropists.
Why just misogynists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 01:35 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,894,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Why just misogynists?
Didn't you know misandrists "don't exist"? Spell check won't even acknowledge the word.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,845,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
For the rest who have higher expectations, look at the main 3 legitimate sources of mating sources (work, school and social connections) and hope for the best. If that doesn't pan out or those avenues are unavailable to you, and you're unwilling to settle for the nectarines at walmart, you're SOL. Much worse things in life can happen.
sorry, disagree. Work is not a place to date, it's to work... putting your income source in jeopardy by trying to court women there is absolutely foolish given strict workplace rules...all a woman has to do is claim sexual harassment and you could lose your job.

Most people dating online are out of school so that's irrelevant.

Social connections at an older age (30s) usually do not involve too many single people, most in that age group are either married or coupled. Generally speaking many people have a pretty static social circle so it's not like tens of new singles are coming in and out of that circle on a regular basis, so it's not very effective.

The major opportunity is in college...once that passes the conventional ways can be difficult.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,737,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Why just misogynists?
Sorry I meant misandrists, not misanthropists. That's what I get for doing 5 things at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Didn't you know misandrists "don't exist"? Spell check won't even acknowledge the word.
Oh it exists.
What's even more baffling is when you see men who are misandrists, and women who are misogynists. Not a lot of that going on around here though from what I've noticed. I think it's better that way.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:50 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,683,335 times
on internet the woman is definitely in the drivers seat. why? bek we guys are driven by hormones.
there are countless women, morbidly obese, putting up fake pics to get some male attention. its the only male love and attention they have ever gotten. have a heart let them play the game. did i ever tell you about my blond cutie that i flew to nashville to meet?
(im on the coast) there she was ----quasimoto.
now angry women will say mean things about my post. guess what game they have been playing?

Old 10-25-2011, 03:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,737,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
did i ever tell you about my blond cutie that i flew to nashville to meet?
(im on the coast) there she was ----quasimoto.
Wow. Are you serious?!
Did she show you fake pics or something?
I've heard stories like this from guys before. I didn't believe it at first but I hear it often enough now that I'm starting to think it must be true.
How many ladies have you met who have done this is my question?

When I did online dating a while ago, a guy once told me this happened to him (I didn't believe him though) but I ended up confused because he looked much worse in person than his picture....had a very old picture up and he had gained weight.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:05 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,683,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Wow. Are you serious?!
Did she show you fake pics or something?
I've heard stories like this from guys before. I didn't believe it at first but I hear it often enough now that I'm starting to think it must be true.
How many ladies have you met who have done this is my question?

When I did online dating a while ago, a guy once told me this happened to him (I didn't believe him though) but I ended up confused because he looked much worse in person than his picture....had a very old picture up and he had gained weight.
yes yes yes. tip of the iceberg friend. people lie alot my brother, much more than we realize. and internet is the highway to liar town.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times
This thread has gave me GAS

Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,039,648 times
Default Da bomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
This thread has gave me GAS
You always have gas.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:40 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,064,398 times
That's raunchy right there.

Unlike me, who fills the room with amazing bodywash and axe shampoo aroma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships