Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 07:23 PM

5,520 posts, read 9,541,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Every man can meet women for dates and "fun" if he's aiming for women in his ballpark. If I'm an "average" man, I'm going to mostly focus on "slightly below average" to "slightly above average." In other words, a guy that's a 5, should be talking to women that are 3's through 6's. Obviously there's nothing wrong with shooting messages to some hotties just to see what happens, but most guys aren't realistic about what they can attract.

If you're focused on slim and athletic-type women under age 30, good luck. Widen your horizon and talk to a broader range of women.
When I was trying OLD, I contacted women I found attractive. Here's a thread about the alternative: https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...e-women-i.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 10:15 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,020,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
When I was trying OLD, I contacted women I found attractive. Here's a thread about the alternative: https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...e-women-i.html
I don't think you should ever go out with someone you have ZERO attraction to. I'm attracted to a lot of different types of women, so it was easy for me. If your taste in women is more narrow and specific, it's going to be harder no matter what.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:44 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,770,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
If you are not very attractive and have a good paying job, most women wouldn't even bother with you. It seems like a waste of time and money for most guys since women can be extremely selective.
Even in real life, women want guys that looks like Justin Timberlake and has a six figure income. If not, you're not getting any dates.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:11 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,830,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Every man can meet women for dates and "fun" if he's aiming for women in his ballpark. If I'm an "average" man, I'm going to mostly focus on "slightly below average" to "slightly above average." In other words, a guy that's a 5, should be talking to women that are 3's through 6's. Obviously there's nothing wrong with shooting messages to some hotties just to see what happens, but most guys aren't realistic about what they can attract.

If you're focused on slim and athletic-type women under age 30, good luck. Widen your horizon and talk to a broader range of women.
Whether men are realistic or not is really a moot point, since men are typically indiscriminate in the first place.

Almost all women get matches. Above average women get tons.. Every bit as many as the hottest women.

In men this effect is far more pronounced. While your average guy might have 5 or 10 in his queue, there's a lot of average/above average women holding out for the kind of "perfect" guy who has 10,000 matches in his queue, and won't "settle" for less.

That said, age tends to bring women back to reality.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:34 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,177,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
That said, age tends to bring women back to reality.
I agree with this statement and at that age the successful men that women are looking for are not available because those men are dating the hot daughter. Why have something past their expiration date when successful men can get the hotter, younger version?

Men age like fine wine while women age like curdled milk, that being said, if watching My 600lb Life has taught me anything its that SOME men will take anything that comes their way.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:54 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,372,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
I agree with this statement and at that age the successful men that women are looking for are not available because those men are dating the hot daughter. Why have something past their expiration date when successful men can get the hotter, younger version?

Men age like fine wine while women age like curdled milk, that being said, if watching My 600lb Life has taught me anything its that SOME men will take anything that comes their way.
Do you really see people as having an expiration date, assuming something refers to a woman? Even if you have a point worth making, there might have been a way to make it less disparagingly.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:10 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,491,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post

If getting messages by older men online taught me anything, a lot of men think they age into fine wine when the truth is they aged into vinegar. Like fine wine, men who age well are out there, but are the exception, not the norm. Everybody ages and most people look better when they were younger. And I would say there are some women who age from milk to fine cheese as well, but again, not the norm.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:27 AM

345 posts, read 277,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
If getting messages by older men online taught me anything, a lot of men think they age into fine wine when the truth is they aged into vinegar. Like fine wine, men who age well are out there, but are the exception, not the norm. Everybody ages and most people look better when they were younger. And I would say there are some women who age from milk to fine cheese as well, but again, not the norm.

Every man wants to believe he's aged like Sean Connery. It's usually not true.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:31 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,530,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post

You are speaking truth! More than a few times I have had to tell my male friends that are my age and older that they are not as good looking as they think. Many of them really out kicked their coverage with their ex wives, and think that all hot women would find them attractive.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:58 AM

651 posts, read 410,153 times
Guess this thread might as well become a sticky since people throughout time and space have pondered this question countless times. Even though I have gotten a number of good dates via online, I nevertheless gave up on the idea that those dates would ever lead to anything serious. Its somehow always a mismatch, either on my side or theirs. Or so it seems on the surface. I could never could get past that "first date" thing either because I didnt want to or just couldnt.

As such, I gave up looking. Let it find me instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships