Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:06 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,982,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
and it's apparent that it makes me VERY unique! I'm 18, a college freshman, and I don't want to share that part of myself with someone until marriage. And yet, I seemed to be "looked down" upon for that...it has definitely made a difference in the number of guys who want to ask me out, and I'm okay with that. But, it's just frustrating to know that I'm in the minority.

Vent over.
I don't doubt at all that you're looked down on. Many people seem to have nasty things to say about folks who choose to wait until marriage. It's a shame more people don't encourage and respect decisions such as yours.

Why people look down on those who choose to wait is an interesting question and hard to answer.

I understand some of the traditional Christian values though. I can see logic in them, but it's hard to explain. People nowadays have lost touch with what I think is human nature and what our emotions point us toward. People try to rationalize their feelings, according to what they're told to believe through rhetoric. You are holding onto your decision despite that. Apparently you understand the value in waiting and really want a true and successful marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 01:28 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Quote:
I didn't judge him because he's been with 4 girls at the age of 19 (I personally think it's disgusting, but that's not judging...that my opinion). I was judging him because he was a LIAR.

How is sex disgusting? You haven't tried it so don't fricking judge others who make different choices. He lied to you, ok.....

I have a different opinion on sex before marriage.... Sex can be a wonderful expression of lust between two people and a great workout. For a guy it is very much physical at first, but we too can form serious emotional bonds from it. Now sex in a loving relationship is a wonderful and happy expression of the real closeness a couple can feel. It can release all those nice happy endorphines and dopamine that help relieve stresses and pressures of everyday life. The intimacy and closeness of sex with someone you love is unparalleled.

You are only 18 though and if you feel you are not mature enough for sex and wait for that and religious reasons so be it. I wouldn't go marrying somebody though without having things in order like college degree, finances, career....

Old 11-01-2011, 01:33 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
How is sex disgusting? You haven't tried it so don't fricking judge others who make different choices. He lied to you, ok.....

I have a different opinion on sex before marriage.... Sex can be a wonderful expression of lust between two people and a great workout. For a guy it is very much physical at first, but we too can form serious emotional bonds from it. Now sex in a loving relationship is a wonderful and happy expression of the real closeness a couple can feel. It can release all those nice happy endorphines and dopamine that help relieve stresses and pressures of everyday life. The intimacy and closeness of sex with someone you love is unparalleled.
Sex with someone you love IS unparalleled

However, our young OP is not "in love", she is dating - big difference.

She is allowed to be "disgusted" by a fellow teenager who has already had sex with 4 different partners at such a young age, especially as it is doubtful said teen was "in love" when he had sex with the different girls. Yes, some of us would find that not only disgusting, but distasteful and sad.

Folks commenting on this thread are forgetting that our OP is only 18.
She is doing her best to make good and conscious choices for herself - something she should be commended for and encouraged to continue to do.

Most of us realize that once she falls in love later down the line she may, or may not, adjust her line of thinking on the subject

Old 11-01-2011, 03:32 PM

864 posts, read 1,455,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
She is allowed to be "disgusted" by a fellow teenager who has already had sex with 4 different partners at such a young age, especially as it is doubtful said teen was "in love" when he had sex with the different girls. Yes, some of us would find that not only disgusting, but distasteful and sad.
Exactly.

I never said sex was disgusting...EVER. I'm sure it will be wonderful when it happens, WITH the person I plan to spend the rest of my life with.

What I found disgusting was that someone that young already had that many sexual partners. It's slutty, plain and simple.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:24 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sex with someone you love IS unparalleled

However, our young OP is not "in love", she is dating - big difference.

Folks commenting on this thread are forgetting that our OP is only 18.
She is doing her best to make good and conscious choices for herself - something she should be commended for and encouraged to continue to do.

Most of us realize that once she falls in love later down the line she may, or may not, adjust her line of thinking on the subject
she is perfectly entitled to feel its disgusting- but she shouldnt turn around and say she isnt judging the guy for it

Old 11-03-2011, 09:50 AM

187 posts, read 443,014 times
Let me tell you..i have a family member who wanted to wait until marriage to have sex. She got married at 33 years of age to a man who was recently divorced with a kid. She would ask me questions regarding sex (how is it the first time, does it hurt, blah, blah), and she was so sure her wedding night was going to be so wonderful...

We chit chat on the phone here and there, and mostly its about unhappy she is with her sex life, how she feels she and her spouse aren't compatible in the bedroom, and since she doesn't believe in divorce, she will never get to experience what it would be like to be with another.

I know this is just one situation, but I honestly feel sad for her to not get to experience how great sex can be and that she feels "stuck."

Premarital sex isn't always "slutty" or irresponsible if you know how to handle it and be safe. Sex is a great thing!

OP, I commend you, but your attitude may change in a few years as you grow.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:00 AM

380 posts, read 795,932 times
You may be waiting a long long time...

Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
and it's apparent that it makes me VERY unique! I'm 18, a college freshman, and I don't want to share that part of myself with someone until marriage. And yet, I seemed to be "looked down" upon for that...it has definitely made a difference in the number of guys who want to ask me out, and I'm okay with that. But, it's just frustrating to know that I'm in the minority.

Vent over.
I would never buy a car without test driving it first.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
You may be waiting a long long time...

Maybe. And maybe not. Twelve years of Catholic school here, and all of the girls in my circle of friends said they were going to wait, myself included.

And all of us had sex by the time we were 21.

The path to the confessional is paved with intentions of chastity.

[youtube]zhjNm20XbXw[/youtube]

Old 11-03-2011, 10:23 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Quote:
Exactly.

I never said sex was disgusting...EVER. I'm sure it will be wonderful when it happens, WITH the person I plan to spend the rest of my life with.

What I found disgusting was that someone that young already had that many sexual partners. It's slutty, plain and simple.
Well that's not judgmental at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships