Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 11:09 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,128,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Bully for you, what do you want, a trophy?

Who cares
Bitter much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 12:54 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,307,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Exactly.

I never said sex was disgusting...EVER. I'm sure it will be wonderful when it happens, WITH the person I plan to spend the rest of my life with.

What I found disgusting was that someone that young already had that many sexual partners. It's slutty, plain and simple.
Well I think a **** is someone who has sex to gain self esteem or make people like them which is pretty weak and sad imo. I do not think someone is a **** just because they've has more than one (or even "a lot") of sexual partners and personally enjoy it. But again I hope your feelings of superiority and baby jesus are enough to get ya through, but you already don't seem to be able to respond to challenges of your decision very well so I doubt it. :/

Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM

48,580 posts, read 34,966,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
I can totally see where that is disgusting. To be only 19 years old and already had sex that many times. If that is true which is questionable. However, if it is it can be surmised then that he doesn't think of sex as having much meaning to it than just getting off.

Oh, and this whole, YOU are judgmental crap. Yeah, more people should be judgmental and use (OH UH) discrimination when choosing partners.

Because if you treat your body as a temple and don't separate it from your mind (and soul for those who believe in such things), then sex is more than just a physical act and virginity is not something to just get rid of. It is an all encompassing act for one who holds it dear and those who do not understand that just won't. That's fine but don't impose your non-belief on someone who holds those silly details dear. It is important for the op that she is with one who shares the same values. Try to be non judgmental and understand.
A temple? My body should be worshipped.

Sorry, my mind, body and spirit are here to enjoy life.

And oddly, they are worshipped by my SO, as I do his.

Sex is a physcial act. It just is. And when you find that connection with another, it becomes elevated.

To find sex disgusting (a guy who may have had one partner every YEAR), is a red flag.

If you can not enjoy all aspects of life... well, then I feel sorry for you.

If she didn't make that comment, I would support her 100%.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 PM

864 posts, read 1,456,929 times
I LOVE how my comment is taken out of context....NOT.

I didn't say sex was disgusting. I said that someone 19 years of age who has already has four sexual partners is disgusting. And I stand by that. That is NOT the kind of person I want to date. Period.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I LOVE how my comment is taken out of context....NOT.

I didn't say sex was disgusting. I said that someone 19 years of age who has already has four sexual partners is disgusting. And I stand by that. That is NOT the kind of person I want to date. Period.
Not out of context. You did not clarify.

What IS acceptable?

Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,762,305 times
You know, I don't know many people who didn't have at least four sex partners by the time they were 19. I know at least one person who probably had had that many by the end of 8th grade.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:29 PM

461 posts, read 783,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
A temple? My body should be worshipped.

Sorry, my mind, body and spirit are here to enjoy life.

And oddly, they are worshipped by my SO, as I do his.

Sex is a physcial act. It just is. And when you find that connection with another, it becomes elevated.

To find sex disgusting (a guy who may have had one partner every YEAR), is a red flag.

If you can not enjoy all aspects of life... well, then I feel sorry for you.

If she didn't make that comment, I would support her 100%.
So, if it's just physical where you & him are dtf and never see him again, how exactly is that elevated? Is there a spiritual, emotional connection? I think you are writing about dating a guy for a while and having sex. Well, her connection consists of making a true commitment not a half arsed, let's be monogamous sexually until we get sick of each other or another hottie wants me. This is not acceptable to the op. Many people (including me) take that chance but she isn't willing to. It's her right to want a man committed emotionally & spiritually to her within the sacrament of marriage to give herself fully. I can understand it because after much dating & 'committed' relationships, the only true committed relationship is marriage. Can it break up, yes of course, but it's a lot harder to than with a gf/bf.

It's frightening how many people base who they would marry by how great the sex is before considering anything deeper. Lots of friends I know who are divorced did that. They put the cart before the horse thinking sex was an indicator of deeper feelings. If that's deep, you are one shallow pond! What was great in the beginning, now easily falls by the wayside by what life throws at us over time: illness, stress, kids, money problems, all of this will put a damper on your sex life. The key is to have real bond based on spiritual, emotional ties. So, one who waits to establish something more before getting sexual is looking for long term gratification. The goal is a life long mate.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
So, if it's just physical where you & him are dtf and never see him again, how exactly is that elevated? Is there a spiritual, emotional connection? I think you are writing about dating a guy for a while and having sex. Well, her connection consists of making a true commitment not a half arsed, let's be monogamous sexually until we get sick of each other or another hottie wants me. This is not acceptable to the op. Many people (including me) take that chance but she isn't willing to. It's her right to want a man committed emotionally & spiritually to her within the sacrament of marriage to give herself fully. I can understand it because after much dating & 'committed' relationships, the only true committed relationship is marriage. Can it break up, yes of course, but it's a lot harder to than with a gf/bf.

It's frightening how many people base who they would marry by how great the sex is before considering anything deeper. Lots of friends I know who are divorced did that. They put the cart before the horse thinking sex was an indicator of deeper feelings. If that's deep, you are one shallow pond! What was great in the beginning, now easily falls by the wayside by what life throws at us over time: illness, stress, kids, money problems, all of this will put a damper on your sex life. The key is to have real bond based on spiritual, emotional ties. So, one who waits to establish something more before getting sexual is looking for long term gratification. The goal is a life long mate.
I'm a shallow pond?!!! I was faithful and happy with the same man for 18 years. Fours years after his death I am in a monogmous committed relationship with a guy whom i will marry.

I am quite fine thank you VERY much.

Apparently from what you say about yourself, your morals are MUCH less than my own. You may want to sit down and lecture YOURSELF.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,669,009 times
Drive it like you rented it...that's my philosophy in life. squeal the tires and gun it.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:45 PM

461 posts, read 783,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm a shallow pond?!!! I was faithful and happy with the same man for 18 years. Fours years after his death I am in a monogmous committed relationship with a guy whom i will marry.

I am quite fine thank you VERY much.

Apparently from what you say about yourself, your morals are MUCH less than my own. You may want to sit down and lecture YOURSELF.

I'm discussing a subject matter and not your life as I do not know it. All I can do is respond to what is posted.
Btw, the 'you' are a shallow pond was not directed at you. I apologize. The second paragraph was for those thinking sex was a major factor in considering marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships