Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM

41 posts, read 47,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
Thanks. Some of the rude remarks here mirror what people having been saying to me outside the internet. Sometimes the questions get a little "too personal" for me to answer from them. I think there is a sexuality spectrum. On one end, you have hypersexuals. On the other end, you have nonsexuals/asexuals. In the middle is where most people fall into. I am starting not to feel so weird anymore thanks to you.
What i find really funny actually is that I'm a morning, noon and night girl and everytime time in between if I could, but I understand you. Maybe just cos I know someone like you or maybe cos its such an opposite end of the spectrum to me I don't know.

As for the "too personal" questions, I would never, have never, and no that my parents, brother and his friends have never asked my godfather anything too personal we just accept he is not interested.

Man make some new friends, those you can have dinner with, wine, fun and be yourself with.

Good luck

Old 11-04-2011, 08:10 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,792,857 times
You aren't "abnormal" and I don't believe you have some mental problem. And calling you unique implies there is no one else with this particular trait in the world, which I also doubt. Instead, I'd say you're "rare". And as long as you're happy being who you are, I say be proud of your rarity.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,233,272 times
You sound asexual to me. Btw Dave it's possibly to get an erection without actually being turned on by something, sometimes it's just a physical process, but you probably know that.

I mean someone with a normal sex drive who hasn't been influenced by religion or something isn't probably going to find sex with the gender of their choice gross.

Although I have to say there is a certain 'ickiness' to the idea of sex (yes, once again, revealing the fact I am a virgin. Just another POV...) but having sex with a beautiful woman would certainly outweigh that. That's why we find genitals or something 'gross' when not in a sexual context.

Moderator cut: Not PG-13

Last edited by bmwguydc; 11-05-2011 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: PG-13 please

Old 11-04-2011, 08:18 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,685,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
I don't think you are "normal", but who cares? Good for you. "Normal" isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If you don't want to have sex, then you don't want to. There is no reason to pad someone's wallet by getting a diagnoses and medication that probably causes undesirable side effects. Stop with all this "mental illness" crap and save that for the d#@* swinging, lust addicted losers out there who can't keep it in their pants.
Is that why you're neutral.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:34 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,041,558 times
I can somewhat relate. I don't have sex. It's too much hassle and too odd. Dating is a huge uphill battle. You get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
-42 Years old

-I am a virgin

-Not religious...I am an Atheist

-I do not live with my mom, I own my own home and live alone with my dog

-Childfree by choice

-Work in the computer industry and I make good money

-I am not gay, I am a Heterosexual

-I have never been abused, raped, etc.

-Never been married/dated/etc.

I have had plenty of opportunities to have sex, but I turned them all down. I find the idea of any kind of sex repulsive and gross. Am I the only guy who finds sex repulsive? Why do people make fun of me? I am not sure why society finds me "weird". In some countries across the world, being a virgin is a good thing and is respected. Someone also told me not too long ago that I may be...."Asexual".

Please.....mature and nice answers only. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:42 PM

617 posts, read 1,036,652 times
Sex is only repulsive if you are morbidly obese like I am. I emit a foul and unpleasant odor so women stay away from me.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:47 PM

10,182 posts, read 20,836,813 times
What's normal?

So long as you are living a full and contended life, it doesn't matter. Besides, other dudes should be happy to have you around and probably wish more men were like you, less competition for them.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:03 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,576,747 times
Don't worry you're not the only one. Moderator cut: Calling out another member

Last edited by bmwguydc; 11-05-2011 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Calling out another member

Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,411,708 times
To the OP: I am a University Prof in Southern California, land of the beautiful and fit. I have had more than a few male students over the years tell me there were asexual virgins, and had zero interest in sex. There are several asexual Forums on the Internet which cater to your crowd. Nothing to be ashamed of, there is a huge variance in peoples sexual appetites. From those who want it 10 times a day to those who never want it.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:30 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,599,767 times
I agree with some of the other's here if you never had sex then how can you find sex repulsive? It's like not liking ice cream but you've never ate any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships