Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:11 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,295,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
No, not a lost cause. Perhaps online dating isn't the best for you since you are experiencing some challenges in regard to age. It's so much easier for people to just glance at a profile and decide you aren't what they are looking for as opposed to meeting people in person. In person, they have to work their way to that sort of personal information. If a mutual attraction has already been established, they are more likely to disregard your age if all else is good. But for some, the age is an instant dealbreaker.

Try a site like meetup.com to find people of common interests that meet up in your area. That might be a good way to get to know people on a platonic level, which may then lead to other opportunities. Expand your social circle.

Don't give up. Your need for companionship doesn't have an expiration date, neither does your "drive". At least not anytime soon.
^^^This. Listen to Coolhand. He's got a good head on his shoulders and isn't going to b.s. you about how to meet men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Over the year's my mom saved up & loved going on the 'Merry Widow Cruise's' out of Florida. She told me she met some very nice men, saw much beautiful scenery, & got to dance as much as she wanted (which she loved tremendously). She always had a wonderful time.

My mom loved four husband's who passed on before her.

Nebulous, you might enjoy a cruise.
Whoo-ee, whoo-ee, baby! Can't rep you again so soon, so here's a song.

[youtube]VUSd_RYnxAY[/youtube]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 10:25 AM

31,236 posts, read 22,236,428 times
Agreed with some of the above. Meet up or similar organizations are under utilized by most of the online daters. Online dating is passive fishing, going out with a group is pro-active. Theatre groups, Movies goers, Wine tasting, dog, you name it. Ive gone out with a couple of groups before and had a great time. And the good thing about it is the net working. Went out with a friend of mine wine tasting group and they turned me on to a Movies group!

Find a group, be proactive, mix and mingle!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:29 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,111,415 times
"There's nothing tragic about being fifty. Unless you're trying to be twenty-five."

Joe Gillis to faded movie star Nora Desmond, in the great movie, "Sunset Blouevard."

Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,111,415 times
"Age is simply a case of mind of matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

Mark Twain

Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 AM

17,653 posts, read 22,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
^^^This. Listen to Coolhand. He's got a good head on his shoulders and isn't going to b.s. you about how to meet men.

Whoo-ee, whoo-ee, baby! Can't rep you again so soon, so here's a song.

hahahaha thankyee hon.

I think i still have 'Sea Cruise' ona 45rpm.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 AM

17,653 posts, read 22,712,852 times
Nebulous, give a singles, bowling league a try. Lots of FUn & Laughs.... You might meet someone special.

A flyfishing club is Great FUn too.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,691,557 times
Age is just a number and mine is unlisted

Old 11-10-2011, 01:47 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,938,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
You know a lot of women who are over 50 and are newly married? I have friends, single, and married, who don't know a lot of newly married women over 50.
I know one who is 63. She just married my 53 year old cousin. His first her second. They've dated for nearly 7 years though.

I divorced at 54 and after a couple of years, and acquiring a computer, I decided to check out the online dating scene. What I noticed the most was that men only seemed to want women up to age 55, if they were 50-70. I got a few 'hits' but, as you say, they were either married, wanted 'sex only', an e-mail pal or something along those lines. It didn't take me long to just say to heck with this stuff. I dated, off and on, for a few more years and finally said to heck with ALL of it. I've never been happier. I don't need a man in my life, don't want one anymore and it sure saves a lot of frustration and wear and tear on the nerves.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:52 PM

12,332 posts, read 17,183,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It CAN be tough to find the "decent people", but they ARE out there.

Leave your defeatist attitude behind, you are being your own worst enemy.
It ain't over till it's over! 7 Billion souls out there, enough for everyone. Get out and live life, Drink it's wine, Keep your foot on the gas, And never give up on yourself. Life is too short. If happiness is not an immediate option, Strive for less sadness-And take it from there.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:14 PM

9,023 posts, read 20,442,026 times
Meet up with "Mr Right" and that won't happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I know one who is 63. She just married my 53 year old cousin. His first her second. They've dated for nearly 7 years though.

I divorced at 54 and after a couple of years, and acquiring a computer, I decided to check out the online dating scene. What I noticed the most was that men only seemed to want women up to age 55, if they were 50-70. I got a few 'hits' but, as you say, they were either married, wanted 'sex only', an e-mail pal or something along those lines. It didn't take me long to just say to heck with this stuff. I dated, off and on, for a few more years and finally said to heck with ALL of it. I've never been happier. I don't need a man in my life, don't want one anymore and it sure saves a lot of frustration and wear and tear on the nerves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships