Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 12:05 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Life isn't "over" at 50, but dating or finding a long term relationship that leads to marriage CAN be more difficult for WOMEN. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but it's not the same as when one is in their 20s and 30s. Men continue to have a larger pool available to them, even after age 50. These are not absolutes. There is the potential for most normal people to meet someone and be compatible.

But statistically, the numbers skew less for women over 50. The trick is doing the best you can with what you've got and finding ways to be fulfilled.

I've rationalized this for myself this way:

<rationalization>

since I believe we live many lifetimes, I probably was, in some prior lifetime, married with children, and perhaps will be again in some future lifetime, so if I consider the entire journey my soul may take, and not just focus on this one (single, no kids, never married) lifetime, then !

</rationalization>
Most of us are trying to live the life we have now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 12:07 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Relationships and marriage can be great for anybody.......as long as the partner is the right one! Bad marriages and relationships can easily cause a bad taste or "never again" with some folks.
A lot of us, like myself and my wife, love marriage, but for those who love being single, that is their choice. I just don't think we should slam marriage in general and we shouldn't slam being single either. IMO

Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Being over 50 you still have a good chance at improving your happiness...but once you pass 60 - and I am 61 - no one wants you...cos' dispite what you might think - woman want a future - once you are over 60 you have a bold expiry date clued to your forehead..

You can still be attractive and woman will give you a second look because they still see a bright and handsome man - but they will not give you a third look because ...a little thing goes off in their mind that sounds like this - "Humm - not bad - very handsome and manly...wait a second......He's old" ...plus "He knows to much and I like to rule"..

As for casual sex - men change when they are fully mature - they actually want sex ----and TRUE love..for myself there is casual sex available - but it is not worth the trouble to form an attatchment with a woman - who you really do not love or want - You may hurt the woman - and us older guys have learned through experience that - it is best not too...In other words we are better people now - try explaining that to someone 20 years younger that you might desire.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If a women is talking about dating and being in a relationship, it is MY business. And then I can decide if I want to date that person or date. Some of you women, need to get over yourselfs, no wonder some of you have problems dating.
My age, my weight, and my income are absolutely none of your business, if you and I are just "dating". Getting seriously involved in a relationship will usually result in learning certain information, at some point. That's just normal. But to come out and ASK someones such questions, that you have just met, or just started dating? Nope. That will get you nothing but a "hit the road jack" from me.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:29 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
No? Just
read some of the rude comments online about women over 30 if you don't get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My age, my weight, and my income are absolutely none of your business, if you and I are just "dating". Getting seriously involved in a relationship will usually result in learning certain information, at some point. That's just normal. But to come out and ASK someones such questions, that you have just met, or just started dating? Nope. That will get you nothing but a "hit the road jack" from me.
Wow, Sorry to see some older women suffer from self confidence and self esteem issues.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Wow, Sorry to see some older women suffer from self confidence and self esteem issues.
Sorry to see some people suffer from cluelessness.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Some may feel so but it isnt.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:42 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
AND, as I explained in the Retirement forum, I like to kid around/joke with people! You are still trying to make being single the very best thing in the world to be and for a lot of us..........it's NOT and we are extremely glad that we met "Mr or Mrs Right" and got married! For you and others who love being single, that is your choice and that's fine, but just don't make "being single" as the best way to be! You've made it very clear to EVERYONE that you don't want a man/"Mr Right" and love being single......very clear. But, then again, I try to make it "very clear" to people that there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with being in a relationship/married.
"To each their own" I guess.
No, I'm not trying to make being single the very best thing in the world. Not at all. I have never said that being single is the "best" for everyone. Unlike you who try to make people who are single some sort of 'oddity'...who you would never be friends with. It is "best" for me and that's ALL I've ever said. And no, there's "absolutely NOTHING wrong with being in a relationship/married". I've never said anything like that. I LOVED being married but don't want to be anymore. That is all. And, yes, to each their own!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
You are completely off base on this - both these classy ladies have plenty of self-esteem and self-confidence.

They also have something many in your generation don't - good manners and the understanding of what is and what isn't polite conversation and behavior.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:45 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Do you mean single, as in not married? Or as in, not in a relationship? Just curious. I'm single, but in a relationship.

How is being single "hard"? Are you someone that gets lonely easily? Do you have any kids?

I guess this is a bit off-topic...but your comments just struck me as being a little curious.
I was wondering the same thing. How is being single so hard??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships