Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What percentage of the male population do you find attractive?
0, besides my husband or/so. 4 4.30%
0-24% 68 73.12%
25-49% 11 11.83%
50-74% 7 7.53%
75%+ 3 3.23%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 11:19 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times

Advertisements

Woman here. I am pretty friendly/chatty. I don't approach men, but will smile and so on. If we are in a position where conversation can naturally happen, I might open up a conversation. I.e. we are standing in line together, or in the same aisle or something like that. But honestly, starting that convo has little to do with flirting and more to of with my mood. The tricky thing is, some men think it is flirting and get totally weird.

On the flip side, for the ones I am interested in, I will 100% do the "hover" technique. You men should look out for it. If you keep seeing the same woman nearby several times, it is not an accident. You should strike up a conversation. It works something like smile, make eye contact, stay in radius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 11:24 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerProgrammer View Post
Women rarely approach men in public like that unless we're talking about social circles/workplace relationships etc. Are you seriously denying that these cold approaches don't work? No offense maybe I'm not good at attracting women to me, but maybe you're not good at doing cold approaches either. I would agree that women that are attracted to you in public tend to use body language, eye contact, smiling, or putting themselves in your orbit etc. to give you clues that they are potentially interested and available.

What I mean is women that smile, make mutual long term eye contact etc. are probably interested but rarely do they come up to you and say anything. I'm not saying that never happens but it's rare for me. For example there's a women that works as a teller at my bank and she's giggly whenever I'm around, smiles, makes mutual eye contact long term etc. I'd give it a high chance she's attracted to me and I've been meaning to get the guts myself to ask for her number or give her mine.

You can say these are fake below but here is Chris in action. He has had a ton of experience with this though, and he genuinely doesn't care if he gets rejected. He also looks for mutual eye contact smiling etc.

This Approach

This one two

This one three

This one four

This one five

Are you serious that they never work? Or maybe all of these videos are fake (highly doubtful). I admit that Chris is well built meaning he works out a lot, he's experienced, he only cares about getting laid,and he's sort of a creep by his own admission. The point is most guys could work out, look better, lower body fat, gain muscle, and approach women too if they really wanted like this. What's stopping them?
Can't see the videos but they are fake. Just actors playing their roles. They hope guys will buy into it and then buy stuff on their websites. If women are interested they will approach you not just give signals.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:31 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
This thread is useless without nude pics of men
check your email

Old 09-06-2015, 08:18 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,737,980 times
From a straight males perspective:

Men:
20-25 - 35%
26-30 - 34%
31-35 - 29%
36-40 - 18%
*biggest dips happening after about age 35/36.

Women:
20-25 - 52%
26- 30 - 38%
31 -35 - 32%
36 - 40 - 23%
*biggest dips happening at/about 27-30

Women however seem to take care of themselves better than men for the most part, so the drop-off may not be as significant in the late 30's for women as for men. I think geographic location might play a factor as well to an extent.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:26 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
check your email

Old 09-09-2015, 11:13 PM

31 posts, read 55,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Can't see the videos but they are fake. Just actors playing their roles. They hope guys will buy into it and then buy stuff on their websites. If women are interested they will approach you not just give signals.
Uhh yeah no they're almost certainly not fake. I can obviously tell you didn't watch them. Chris doesn't sell anything. I repeat he owns a self help forum and sells nothing all of his stuff is free. It's highly unlikely if you look at these women that they're acting. Also as jade408 said women will tend to "hover" around men they're interested in but usually even in the case of my Ex GF I had to make the first message/move. I just disagree with you entirely sorry dude.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:14 AM

332 posts, read 294,477 times
Quote:
But looking at my reply if some guy didn't fit exactly your "kind of look" but he wasn't repulsive but shared a lot of similar interests and there was emotional connection coupled with the fact you felt safe around him. Would you go out with him then?
Of course I would! When it comes down to it, it's not all about looks. Of course if you're talking about Tinder, that's a different story because that whole app is really based around looks and is known for hooking up. I met my bf at a party and was instantly attracted to him, but was more-so attracted to his personality/values/intelligence. Of course if I don't find you attractive, I would have to get to know you and talk to you more before I start feeling attracted. Sometimes, all it takes is a confident but humble guy and a good sense of humor to make up for anything he's lacking physically. I've developed crushes on guys I didn't initially find attractive before. On the contrary, I've met some really hot guys that didn't have the best personality and that's an instant turnoff for me.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Uhh yeah no they're almost certainly not fake. I can obviously tell you didn't watch them. Chris doesn't sell anything. I repeat he owns a self help forum and sells nothing all of his stuff is free. It's highly unlikely if you look at these women that they're acting. Also as jade408 said women will tend to "hover" around men they're interested in but usually even in the case of my Ex GF I had to make the first message/move. I just disagree with you entirely sorry dude.
You can disagree with me all you like but it doesn't make your assertions true.

1: I guarantee they are acting. They are probably amateurs though. Ultimately it's just not real.

2: If women are interested they will approach you. Personal experience proves this to be true. I had a former friend who had this happen all the time. Women from pretty much all walks of life approached him. Even when he had girlfriends and even a fiancé he was sleeping with a different woman every night. They all approached him.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:58 PM

31 posts, read 55,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
You can disagree with me all you like but it doesn't make your assertions true.

1: I guarantee they are acting. They are probably amateurs though. Ultimately it's just not real.

2: If women are interested they will approach you. Personal experience proves this to be true. I had a former friend who had this happen all the time. Women from pretty much all walks of life approached him. Even when he had girlfriends and even a fiancé he was sleeping with a different woman every night. They all approached him.
These stories resolve guys of having to do anything.

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I was at a bar celebrating a friend (a she) her Birthday. Across the bar I see this women smiling, making mutual eye contact. She eventually came up to the bar next to me but she said nothing. As soon as she looked over at me I started asking her how her night was. Asking her what's up etc. she seemed to enjoy talking to me. She had to go back to her friends by the end of the night though I got her number we've gone out once since then and she ending up grinding me and making out with me on the dance floor on the first date a week later. I wasn't focused on getting laid, and admittedly we've only gone out once but have been working on setting up another date. Nothing may come of it, but the point being I would have NEVER seen this girl again were it not 1. I started to the conversation and 2. I got her number.

She may have even put herself in my orbit, but ultimately I had to initiate. So what is your point that this never works and define approach? When she got close to me at the bar even is that an approach? Please explain your logic? I'm not even disagreeing with you entirely, I just find this stuff interesting so I'm curious what you mean? Why do you think your friend was approached so much? Did he have big muscles? What's your logic here?

Old 09-24-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
These stories resolve guys of having to do anything.

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I was at a bar celebrating a friend (a she) her Birthday. Across the bar I see this women smiling, making mutual eye contact. She eventually came up to the bar next to me but she said nothing. As soon as she looked over at me I started asking her how her night was. Asking her what's up etc. she seemed to enjoy talking to me. She had to go back to her friends by the end of the night though I got her number we've gone out once since then and she ending up grinding me and making out with me on the dance floor on the first date a week later. I wasn't focused on getting laid, and admittedly we've only gone out once but have been working on setting up another date. Nothing may come of it, but the point being I would have NEVER seen this girl again were it not 1. I started to the conversation and 2. I got her number.

She may have even put herself in my orbit, but ultimately I had to initiate. So what is your point that this never works and define approach? When she got close to me at the bar even is that an approach? Please explain your logic? I'm not even disagreeing with you entirely, I just find this stuff interesting so I'm curious what you mean? Why do you think your friend was approached so much? Did he have big muscles? What's your logic here?
She went from the opposite side of the bar and sat next to you therefore she approached you. You didn't go to her she came to you. You only started a conversation. As I have said before if women approach you then you know they are interested. If not then they are not. Very simple logic.
You mention signals and the subject is talked to death here but the consensus of guys seems to be they don't get any or they are simply nonexistent. I don't get any and if a woman does smile at me I just think she likes smiling. I don't analyze it or look for a hidden meaning where there isn't one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships