Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What percentage of the male population do you find attractive?
0, besides my husband or/so. 4 4.30%
0-24% 68 73.12%
25-49% 11 11.83%
50-74% 7 7.53%
75%+ 3 3.23%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 06:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times

Advertisements

Um......did only old people vote for the second choice to be the highest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 06:32 PM

513 posts, read 429,437 times
There are a lot of good looking guys out here, but I'm also looking at their personalities as well. They can be beautiful on the outside, but on the inside, they can be really ugly. So, I find a small percentage of males attractive.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:15 PM

31 posts, read 55,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
You are basically saying the same thing, but I provided more of a detailed explanation of why that is. Men don't really choose anything to be honest with you, it is always the woman that has a choice. A man can choose to approach a woman, but that's about it. She makes the decision if she is willing to accept his advances, accept marriage proposal, accept having kids and as evidenced by percentage of divorces initiated by women - divorce him.

The reason so many relationships fall apart today, is that we are more independent and most lack gender specific traits to create true sexual attraction or sexual polarity. Because of decades of demonizing masculinity and femininity (in the name of equality), modern men are far less masculine then they should be and modern women are far less feminine then in the past. If you are a man today, chances are - your father was a lot more masculine than you are and his father was more masculine than him. Same goes for women and femininity. Masculinity and femininity play a great yet undermined role in how we are attracted to one another. There is sexual friction or polarity that exists between a masculine man and a feminine woman, that acts as a glue to each relationship. In the age of gender neutral men and women, it is nowhere to be found.
You sound like Corey Wayne semi-popular dating coach and theorist on this topic. Also I agree with you though. Nothing is better than being with a feminine Women IMHO . It seems that a reply from one Women on here indicated it was looks alone mostly. There may be a few Women what are mostly into looks but most Women appear to base a lot off of unrelated factors to looks I agree.

Just look at jellybean's answer "That (handsome face) does not always equal sexy, to me. There is SOOO much more to attraction."

Old 09-03-2015, 06:56 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
I'm a guy, who had never asked a girl before what she thought was good looking in a guy, but just last month I did. I was traveling in a car with two French girls, and we came to a border crossing with about a 15-minute passport queue. There were two young local guys standing near us, that I thought would be inconspicuously average in any crowd. They weren't exactly chatting the girls up, but just making polite conversation among strangers, which was relaxed and pleasant. Back in the car, I asked the girls if they thought the guys were hot. Their consensus rating was about an 8 on a scale of 10. Which, I must say, rather surprised me. Both girls, by the way, were at least 8 in my book.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:18 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
It is the old 80/20 rule in effect, just like always.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:54 AM

277 posts, read 271,672 times
Just by looking at guys, I would say maybe 10% would make me turn my head and look again. Once I hear the guys talk and see them in action, I'd be willing to get to know better about 30-40% of them, to see if what caught my attention is really a permanent trait of his and there's more to it, or it was just a momentary thing.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:52 AM

565 posts, read 433,074 times
If 80% of guys are below average looking, then someone doesn't really understand what average means.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:34 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
If 80% of guys are below average looking, then someone doesn't really understand what average means.
Nobody said "average" (I don't think). They said 80% are below my standards. Everybody knows that 50% are always below average, so a special, personal scale of standards is implied by any number other than 50%.

I would say that 80% of women would not turn my head on the basis of looks alone, but when other discernible factors are entered into the mix, there are quite a few others that I would be attracted to, but not necessarily for reason of looks alone. So it is not unreasonable for an "average" person to have an 80/20 rule.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:27 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Jeez... then I would go with 7%, which is probably high. There is "I find you attractive as a general observation" but there is no "oomph" behind it.

As a woman (or just me?), I can look at a guy and think good looking (Taylor Lautner), but I don't subsequently want to do him. Now if suddenly he became SOMEWHERE in my age range, had a quick wit, and could hold his own with a variety of conversational themes... I would climb him like King Kong on the Empire State Building.

I'm gonna remember that one. I love it!

Old 09-03-2015, 03:31 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,337,025 times
I'm very monogamous when I'm in love I only find that person attractive sexually and otherwise,doesn't stop me from talking to other guys for entertainment though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships