Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 10:33 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,847,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'm athletic I run, play tennis, do fairly difficult hikes a woman out of shape couldn't keep up with me and our interests probably wouldn't match anyway. Everyone likes someone that is in shape it influences mental health, and sexual health in additional to all around physical health. That's different from the ultra picky checklist older single women have...they want looks and everything on top of that.
This is hysterical. I can think of maybe 2 characteristics that would be on this check list you seem to believe in. One is must be taller than me. I'm 5'3. Is it too picky to ask a guy to be 5'4"? Is that ok with you?

Old 12-31-2011, 10:35 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
I already covered this...the education line is just a mask. It's really about the money. There are lots of guys with degrees that don't make a lot of money or are having a hard time in this economy. The ultra picky single women around 28 and up want a guy with a degree and big money both...whereas some will just look for money and that's it. The degree is a moot point they don't really care about that if the guy still only makes a very modest amount of money.
Excuses excuses.

There's always an excuse for why you can't score and goodness, it's never your fault is it

Old 12-31-2011, 10:38 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
That's the main reason she went out with him though he was just too big of a creeper for her to put up with. His lawyer status was obviously the main draw. She already said career and education are the main things she worries about (money) so she'll just wait for the next fancy pants to come along and pray he's not another well off creeper. Meanwhile she would totally overlook someone like me just because my career and lack of a completed degree is not good enough for her. Despite my long list of qualities.

It's all about the pickiness and selection method. If she and other single women would be more open minded there would be a lot more happy men and women out there...and guys like me wouldn't even be thinking about looking at other countries.
You really can't know if it was about money. Wanting a career oriented person for a partner is not always about money. It's about knowledge, passion, drive, and commitment. And that requires a specific kind of personality, just as with anything. We all desire different qualities in people.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Seriously these threads are always pretty funny. They start out mild enough but amount to American-woman bashing but what's funny is the American women are sure to show up demanding the guy to give them a chance.

If a guy is serious about looking in Thailand for a bride then he should just do it. No need to tell anyone why, no need to get the American women he's already ruled out pleading for a chance.

I think it's a win-win-win for everyone when an American guy that no American woman wants gets himself a green card bride. He wins, the American woman wins, the green card bride wins.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:45 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,227,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Seriously these threads are always pretty funny. They start out mild enough but amount to American-woman bashing but what's funny is the American women are sure to show up demanding the guy to give them a chance.

If a guy is serious about looking in Thailand for a bride then he should just do it. No need to tell anyone why, no need to get the American women he's already ruled out pleading for a chance.

I think it's a win-win-win for everyone when an American guy that no American woman wants gets himself a green card bride. He wins, the American woman wins, the green card bride wins.
I agree, it's just that simple. No need for a 50 page thread.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:47 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:

I don't think any of us really want him to give us a chance. First of all - most of us are married -and while I know you mean American women as a whole and not us specifically - I still could care less about him giving American women a chance. I would just like the bashing to stop. And honestly - I think a lot of the men would find that once they stop the bashing and stop the mentality that goes along with it - their luck might just improve! For all the guys that claim that American women feel so entitled - I think it is really the guys that feel entitled. It's like they are saying - I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, I'm handsome enough - where's my woman? I deserve a woman! I was promised a woman!!!

They can all go to Thailand for all I care - it's no skin off my back. But you can look in a new direction without being a jerk about it.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:50 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,811,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I just assumed you were someone who peaked in high school. Now you are bitter because all the hot girls want to date guys who did something with their lives and all you can do is sit around and think everyone else is wrong
Uhm no...you're new to the thread obviously and have missed a lot of points. Find where I said I wanted a hot girl lol...and like I said women always try to revert to the looks thing when they can't win this debate
God forbid a guy looks for a woman that isn't 200 pounds. What do you consider someone that has done something their lives? Someone that is rich? I plan to better myself for the rest of my life. Whereas some guys could be at their peak right now at my age...and go downhill from here.
You sound like someone that thinks look don't matter at all....which is an extreme position some women try to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - I'm trying to point out to you that you feel that you are entitled to the type of woman that you desire. You talk about women with entitlement issues - but it seems like you are the one with entitlement issues. You think you are good looking, have enough money, have enough brains - therefore women should want to be with you. That is entitlement.
That's not entitlement...what I look for is normal and reasonable. Expecting George Clooney with a PhD and an 8 figure bank account is entitlement. I have no kids and I'm not interested in someone with kids. The main point of the thread is there's lots of women in other countries for guys like me to choose from since single American women have a 20 page long checklist

Old 12-31-2011, 10:52 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,083,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You're a man and you refer to other men as Hot? Are you sure you're not batting for the other team?
Maybe because a man that is secure in his sexuality can comment on another man's looks. Not sure if that applies in this case but is the truth.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:56 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,062,054 times
Quote:
That's the main reason she went out with him though he was just too big of a creeper for her to put up with. His lawyer status was obviously the main draw. She already said career and education are the main things she worries about (money) so she'll just wait for the next fancy pants to come along and pray he's not another well off creeper. Meanwhile she would totally overlook someone like me just because my career and lack of a completed degree is not good enough for her. Despite my long list of qualities.

It's all about the pickiness and selection method. If she and other single women would be more open minded there would be a lot more happy men and women out there...and guys like me wouldn't even be thinking about looking at other countries.
Quote:
I already covered this...the education line is just a mask. It's really about the money. There are lots of guys with degrees that don't make a lot of money or are having a hard time in this economy. The ultra picky single women around 28 and up want a guy with a degree and big money both...whereas some will just look for money and that's it. The degree is a moot point they don't really care about that if the guy still only makes a very modest amount of money.
Quote:
I'm athletic I run, play tennis, do fairly difficult hikes a woman out of shape couldn't keep up with me and our interests probably wouldn't match anyway. Everyone likes someone that is in shape it influences mental health, and sexual health in additional to all around physical health. That's different from the ultra picky checklist older single women have...they want looks and everything on top of that.
So wait, you claim a woman will overlook you because having a degree matters; Later you claim it's all about money and a degree doesn't really matter? Now it's about "looks and everything on top of that"? Which is it?

You also claim women should be "open minded", yet you automatically claim a non-fit women wouldn't be compatible with you. It's fine for you to have standards/be picky, but it's not fine for someone else?

Actually, not everyone cares if their partner is in shape. I see thin men with curvy women, curvy with thick, thin, with thin and thin with thick. Your values do not necessarily speak for everyone.

I don't think you really know what women want, but based on your posts, you'd rather play victim then adhere to others' advice.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:00 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,811,445 times
Quote:
Yes - for you I think looking abroad for a broad is the way to go.

Most American women that are your same age already have kids or have put on a couple pounds, and you and she would just be miserable if you found one. In Thailand, there are young women who don't mind an older American guy and middle class in their minds seems wealthy.

It seems that plenty of these marriages actually work out well enough. I'm sure it's not all bliss, all problem-free.
Oh I agree I'm close to giving up on women in America..not just yet, but close. I have dated some women younger than me but it's always the same thing..no matter what my lack of a completed degree or my social status/career is not good enough for them. Like I said before though I mostly meet women from an online dating site and everyone knows the women on those sites are extremely picky. I won't go mail order though...I know about the international dating sites like Cherryblossoms. You can also be matched up with women in other countries on EHarmony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships