Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 03:25 PM

782 posts, read 1,090,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Women from many of these countries are at an economic disadvantage and have very few opportunities afforded to them. It's not like it is here in the States. Many of these women are looking for financial stability and a possible better life, it's not about looking for love.

Which cultures encourage men to "marry down"?
Guys like beauty. To them it's love. + willing to be hunters = human nature
Women like financial stability. To them it's love + willing to marry. = human nature.

Lots of talk in here about women wanting at least someone of equal status or greater. So what, it's human nature. Ave guy goes overseas so he can find women who want to trade up, or for stability. So what. Again, it's human nature.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:26 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,816,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
Tried looking at yourself to see what you are lacking? The majority of American men seem to be able to marry, they are not all Brad Pitt's, some of them even marry several times. I wonder what they have that you don't? Think about it!
I already said what the issue is.... it's always the degree thing or they aren't happy with where I'm at career wise. So in essence it's a money issue. Most women around 30 that are never married and have no kids are career women with a degree and they don't consider someone like me good enough for them. Even though i'm attractive, have a good personality, have no kids, no financial debt, no baggage, etc. I admit though I mostly meet women from online dating sites and they are notoriously ultra-picky. It's hard to meet single women at my age. I could marry tomorrow if I was willing to settle. I already said there are lots of great women in America..that are already taken. I don't have time right now to reply to the last 5 pages of posts that I have missed but I still see a number of people don't get it and I will definitely do some more replying when I can.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What are the "other things in this world besides appearances" that you have to offer a woman? Beyond having a job and a place to live and being able to afford dinner and a movie, what do you bring to the table personality-wise? Interests, hobbies, what makes you, you?

Despite the economy, I would still say the majority of people are employed, have a place to live and have $ for occasional dinners and movies out. So that's not something extraordinary that sets you apart from others.
Ah, I get it now. I need to be extraordinary. Having a stable job and home and a few bucks for a movie and dinner don't cut it. I need an exciting hobby to set me apart.

Ooops, I hear the Bat phone ringing. Off to the bat cave.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:40 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,988,445 times
It's frustrating. I get it. I so get it. I knew I wanted to marry when I was still a teenager. Do you think I wanted to wait until I was in my 30s? No way! But that's just the way it happened. I didn't meet my husband until then. We are neither of us made for the big screen, but we are made for each other. Just nice, normal average folks. It took years and years of weeding through creepy, needy and nice but just-for-me guys to get here.

But don't you think marrying a stranger who is willing to be with you only for the stability you represent is settling?

Old 12-30-2011, 04:28 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,547,719 times
I know two couples who had arranged marriage and I think they have as good or better marriage as most of my other friends. So what if the woman goes into the marriage for stability and he goes into it for sex. They can learn to build a good relationship if they want to. And, if their needs are shallow, and it never gets beyond that, so what. Those are their needs not ours.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,323,570 times
What i find most amusing is the fact that all these guys who can't find women are attractive,weel groomed, and from solid paying careers :-P.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:13 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,735,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Ah, I get it now. I need to be extraordinary. Having a stable job and home and a few bucks for a movie and dinner don't cut it. I need an exciting hobby to set me apart.

Ooops, I hear the Bat phone ringing. Off to the bat cave.
What I would like to know is if an exciting hobby will override the need for "chemistry/spark"? I doubt that it will. Again, as I said earlier, most of this stuff is so random and that is why some guys take issue. You're supposed to tweak certain things about yourself so that you're more appealing but then you're not supposed to change just to please someone. What kind of logic is that?

It used to be that some women were more practical in what they wanted. A man with a stable job, home, few dollars, decent looking, turns them on and nice. Now the needs are less practical and more abstract, whimsical, gut feeling, in the moment sort of thing that can't be quantified, which has made finding a mate hard for some males. Bc practical is no longer good.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:19 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,735,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
What i find most amusing is the fact that all these guys who can't find women are attractive,weel groomed, and from solid paying careers :-P.
Based on your logic it would be most amusing that a attractive, well groomed, solid career sort of gal would have a hard time finding a suitable male. Yet we hear it all the time. So why would is it so amusing for it to be the same for some males? There are attractive, well groomed, solid paying career guys whom do have a hard time finding a suitable woman.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
What I would like to know is if an exciting hobby will override the need for "chemistry/spark"? I doubt that it will. Again, as I said earlier, most of this stuff is so random and that is why some guys take issue. You're supposed to tweak certain things about yourself so that you're more appealing but then you're not supposed to change just to please someone. What kind of logic is that?

It used to be that some women were more practical in what they wanted. A man with a stable job, home, few dollars, decent looking, turns them on and nice. Now the needs are less practical and more abstract, whimsical, gut feeling, in the moment sort of thing that can't be quantified, which has made finding a mate hard for some males. Bc practical is no longer good.
Well said!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:25 PM

22,442 posts, read 29,597,820 times
Is there mail order grooms????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships