Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 12:48 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
If you're referring to "that group" as middle class and above, then yes I agree they are complaining about being rejected by women in that group. I doubt many of the guys interested in foreign wives want to be with very low class women, since most seem like educated themselves based on their ability to articulate on a basic level in their posts.
Again, I'm just going by the posts in this thread and on the forum. What gets annoying is that the complaints are all thrown into one pot. Other women have called out the horse shyte mantra of American women being a single entity. In the same breath American women turn down men for not being formally educated and for also not having the bling. That denotes two different classes, but one entity. Any how, I know that some of these guys are not formally educated. I would pause before assuming an ability to coherently string words together signifies an educated person. Given how irrational many of the arguments are in this forum, I'm surprised you're making any assumptions IRT education.

Quote:
Another point I made was some of them probably have problems attracting low class women as well, since they probably don't fit the mold of what's desirable in that segment either. That makes them "lose" on all class levels, so why not go foreign, I suppose? I don't think going after lower class women makes one's chances easier unless he has money as an equalizer.

To be sure, I guess some of the men interested in foreign women should chime in.
They should certainly go for any woman they could possibly get. Very few, regardless of silly proclamations, want to be alone. I would think foreign women already residing in the US would be a better option than mail order. But, lets not be pragmatic.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:08 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you're asking her to prostitute herself and - sorry, I absolutely boggle at this.
Nice play on human trafficking/slavery.
In essence, you're buying another human being.
Buying a human being? A bit of a stretch. But hey, woman the world over won't date a guy who is broke or jobless, so I guess it won't be a bit of a stretch to say women want and expect to be bought.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:17 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Buying a human being? A bit of a stretch. But hey, woman the world over won't date a guy who is broke or jobless, so I guess it won't be a bit of a stretch to say women want and expect to be bought.
No, no. Better stated, women all over the world won't date a guy that won't, wait no, can't wipe his own ass and feed himself. Therefore we're all whores who demand Brad Pitt. Right? Morons (not you to be clear, just generally).

Old 12-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^ Absolutely. The world is full of regular people earning a living wage. Wrong social status, not filthy rich, don't look like Brad or George...these are all excuses that men use to make themselves feel better because they don't want to look in the mirror and admit they have some flaws that need correction/improvement.

And perhaps the sad part is that these lonely, single men who are lashing out at the very objects of their affection, are incapable of self-reflection, self-examination and growth. I'd hate to be a person who couldn't look at themselves honestly and instead live like a victim.

Acknowledging that you are part of the problem is actually a positive. Not acknowledging that is the detriment to your life, so you become your own worst enemy, not "women".

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. (attributed to Albert Einstein).
In this century, it's the women who are incapable of self-reflection and examination more so than men.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
So these guys are spending more time trying to morph into what they think a woman wants, rather than being themselves? Spending time trying to be the type of person you think will please/suit others is needy and disingenuous.
Now hold on Lib. Not to be disrespectful but in other posts you have said that these guys need to improve themselves but in this post your telling them that these guys shouldn't morph themselves into what they think women want. Well which one is it?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
A man lives down the street from us who apparently has a mail-order bride. He's about 70, she appears to be from an Asian country and barely of legal age. I see them at restaurants and coffee shops around town and both look miserable. They never talk or even look at each other. Sometimes she's on a laptop and looks like a surly teenager. He walks and rides his bike--alone--in the neighborhood.

Be careful what you wish for. There are worse things than living alone.
Citing this extreme age difference example is weak.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Now hold on Lib. Not to be disrespectful but in other posts you have said that these guys need to improve themselves but in this post your telling them that these guys shouldn't morph themselves into what they think women want. Well which one is it?

They are not one in the same. I'm trying to improve myself by exercising more, attending classes for the sake of learning new things and developing new hobbies that intrigue and excite me. I'm not doing these things for the sole purpose of attracting a man, I'm doing them to improve myself.

If those things happen to attract a man, then great, but if I went out of my way to try and morph myself into something a man wants (and who knows what that is, really...all men are different) and ignored my own desires that would be wrong.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post

Habitually broke and jobless, or temporarily broke and jobless while trying to pick themselves back up?

I've dated both, and I'm not somebodies sugar momma. I also don't expect a potential mate to support me either, but if they're just sitting around playing video games all day and lamenting their bad luck then no...our personalities probably won't mesh.

Even when I was broke and jobless I was taking classes, working odd jobs on a friends ranch for cash and spending all my free time researching job leads. I didn't sit around crying about it.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes, and in some cultures women don't have any rights. In some cultures women can be burned to death for adultery. In some cultures, women aren't allowed to be who they are and are oppressed.

I'm not sure what your point is. If a man wants a slave with benefits - then he probably won't find that in a country where women are allowed to be who they are. Although, I really have to wonder what kind of a man would want that.

But whatever your point - if this is the OP's desire - like I said before - if he had come on here saying he wanted a slave and American women weren't willing to be his slave - I don't think he would have gotten so much criticism.
I'm not saying he wants a slave, but he's obviously not having any luck with finding the right American woman, many American women today prefer living the single life, they can be very career oriented and have zero interests in things domestic. Many women are extremely picky about the men they would date or marry - and also many are not at all picky but of course they are all taken.

Plus no money doesn't equal no class in all cases. A woman from a poor background may have plenty of class, she may be reserved, quiet and polite.

I simply think it comes down to - "to each his own". It doesn't bother me one way or another if people find foreign spouses and that their foreign spouse suits them fine.

At the same time, you have to realize that the stereotypes are only sometimes true. There are plenty of latinas that will beat a man over the head with a frying pan if he gripes about dinner not being ready yet, and some Asian women are real dragon ladies.

I even know a woman that is cruising those foreign bride web sites looking for the right woman to marry her brother -- and cook for him, keep his house clean, have his kids. For some reason she wants her brother married and doesn't think there's an American woman out there really right for him.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm not saying he wants a slave, but he's obviously not having any luck with finding the right American woman, many American women today prefer living the single life, they can be very career oriented and have zero interests in things domestic. Many women are extremely picky about the men they would date or marry - and also many are not at all picky but of course they are all taken.

Plus no money doesn't equal no class in all cases. A woman from a poor background may have plenty of class, she may be reserved, quiet and polite.

I simply think it comes down to - "to each his own". It doesn't bother me one way or another if people find foreign spouses and that their foreign spouse suits them fine.

At the same time, you have to realize that the stereotypes are only sometimes true. There are plenty of latinas that will beat a man over the head with a frying pan if he gripes about dinner not being ready yet, and some Asian women are real dragon ladies.

I even know a woman that is cruising those foreign bride web sites looking for the right woman to marry her brother -- and cook for him, keep his house clean, have his kids. For some reason she wants her brother married and doesn't think there's an American woman out there really right for him.
I think many of you are missing the point. It's is possible to state what you are looking for with out being insulting to - well, every American woman. That is my point. Not every American woman is the same. We are actually a bunch of different women with different personalities, traits, wants, tastes, etc. To paint us all with one brush - and that brush being that we are "impossible" is disrespectful and insulting. The OP came on here and basically bashed all American women. Not acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships