Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 12:02 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,311,376 times

Advertisements

Old 12-31-2011, 12:02 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,811,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You really can't know if it was about money. Wanting a career oriented person for a partner is not always about money. It's about knowledge, passion, drive, and commitment. And that requires a specific kind of personality, just as with anything. We all desire different qualities in people.
Question - How do you know if a person is career oriented? What if they are at the bottom of their career ladder and still climbing? That doesn't mean they aren't career oriented...it just means they are working on it.

So women should say what they really mean if they want a guy that is "high" on the career ladder, let's say upper management or executive level they should come out and say that.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:03 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't have a bad attitude for some reason the women on here just want to gang up on me, won't listen to my side of it, and just want to bash me. All because I say I like women more on the slender side with no kids, god forbid a guy has TWO THINGS on his checklist, lol. They basically just say I should settle and go out with anyone that knocks on my door.
I like American women I can't help it they don't like me because I'm not loaded or have a degree completed.

I mean your post proves my point you first and foremost judge based on how much money a guy makes. If a guy makes a certain amount of money you assume he's just like you, a great guy, and everything will be peachy. You automatically equate money with everything as if that's the only thing that decides if a guy is a good person or not. I have good values but you would never know that because you would automatically write me off. I see a lot of women try to word it like you do...I just don't buy it. Only well off guys are motivated? Only well off guys can manage their finances? Only guys that have a completed a degree are smart? Only well off guys are responsible? I mean...seriously.
No one is berating you for your standards, just that you berate others for having them.

I said a man similar to me financially. You have no idea if I make 24K or 100K.

And I certainly don't equate money with being a great guy. I've turned down well to do guys because they were jerks.

I have a WHOLE separate list of requirements for what is a great guy to me. /lol

Old 12-31-2011, 12:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
Question - How do you know if a person is career oriented? What if they are at the bottom of their career ladder and still climbing? That doesn't mean they aren't career oriented...it just means they are working on it.

So women should say what they really mean if they want a guy that is "high" on the career ladder, let's say upper management or executive level they should come out and say that.
I think you would be much more attractive with out that HUGE chip on your shoulder!!! Honestly - if you get rid of that chip - I think you'll have much better luck.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So when you have a physical requirement it's reasonable, but when a woman does she is crazy-picky?

Both have a right to their own requirements. To me that's where your problem lies, you feel you have right to your requirements, but when women do you find it unreasonable.
The weight/height thing is NOT the same thing that is off topic though. Looking for someone that is slender is not anywhere near the same thing as looking for someone that is 6 foot tall when you're only 5'2''. Weight influences health, height does not. Again, off topic though. Also I would never choose a woman based on an exact "number". Honestly at this point I think you're just trying to argue to argue and not really adding to anything. You're still hung up on the looks thing women always take that and run with it as if it it's the same thing as having 30 page checklist. If I said I wanted a 5'2'' brunette that was 110lbs then I would deverse some bashing but that this point you're just grasping for straws.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:14 PM

15,884 posts, read 21,493,253 times
Quote:

No, we should say we are looking for someone who is career oriented. Which is true. I'm at the bottom of my career - only a little more than a year into my career, really. But anyone who met me would call me career oriented because I take extra steps to get ahead in my field.

I'm 24. The men I date tend to be between 24 and 30. We have to be much more proactive about our careers and finances than might have been necessary 10 years ago to get by. I don't make much money - I don't expect my partners to either - but I do expect them to match my ambition.

People who are more laid back or have other interests are not bad people, they're just not the people for me. That's not picky - it's pragmatic and realistic.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:18 PM

Djuna othing intelligent left to contribute I guess? I can tell it has been a struggle for you in this thread. Whereas I have made dozens of good points. Ah well see ya then thanks for playing and have a good new year

Old 12-31-2011, 12:20 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,650,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

As far as degrees go, I can't see a woman who prefers educated men to brush off a guy who is currently obtaining a degree. My husband did not have his degree when we met, but he wanted one and it was a condition for our relationship/marriage.
Now that's true love.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:25 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Djuna othing intelligent left to contribute I guess? I can tell it has been a struggle for you in this thread. Whereas I have made dozens of good points. Ah well see ya then thanks for playing and have a good new year
You didn't like the world's smallest violin playing for you?

What a shame. Maybe you need a sense of humour. I'm sure that would make you more attractive

Old 12-31-2011, 12:26 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
The weight/height thing is NOT the same thing that is off topic though. Looking for someone that is slender is not anywhere near the same thing as looking for someone that is 6 foot tall when you're only 5'2''. Weight influences health, height does not. Again, off topic though. Also I would never choose a woman based on an exact "number". Honestly at this point I think you're just trying to argue to argue and not really adding to anything. You're still hung up on the looks thing women always take that and run with it as if it it's the same thing as having 30 page checklist. If I said I wanted a 5'2'' brunette that was 110lbs then I would deverse some bashing but that this point you're just grasping for straws.
You're missing my point. Everyone has standards, and it's their right. Period.

I don't even KNOW any women with the requirements you say we all have. I know a lot of women, and lot of them are beautiful. I see who they date.

I know single guys, and none of them have the opinion you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships