Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 05:57 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I'm starting to think your a racist, you throw around terms like "ghetto" and "those people" a lot on here. Anyway "ghetto" people are not the only ones who like "bling". Some of the most bling out people are "high class" people.
Isn't it? There are men on this forum that want to sell the single mom with multiple baby daddy, valuing bling over intellect, etc as if it's representative of American women when it's not. As if it's main stream. It is ghetto and race is neither here nor there.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:07 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I do plenty with my spare time...I go to Steeler/Penguin games...go to plays, concerts, hike, jog, lots of stuff. I have money to do things. It doesn't matter to American women... personality, interests, and looks all take a back seat to social status, job title, and material posessions. I have a medicore paying desk job and I'm trying to get a degree completed. This has been a dealbreaker to a lot of women I have had first dates with and women I have talked to. They don't come out and say it...you can just tell. I meet a lot of women from the online dating sites maybe that's the problem. I'm not settling.
I think online dating is problematic because it's not personality people give and receive. It is a matter of specs (your job, your net worth). By the sounds of it, you sound like you're outside quite a bit. You're going to shows, you're running , hiking, and you're not meeting people? Even tho you're good looking? That doesn't make sense to me. Something is missing here. Women go for financially wanting men all the time. Are you sure you're not boring these women? Have you maybe tried talking to a female life coach of sorts or at least somebody that would be able to gauge your personality and communication skills to offer guidance if needed? If a good looking, working, physically active man is having an impossible time then there's something else going on.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
The only problem I see with your statement is that you think that American women tend to overlook personality and looks. According to women on this forum personality trumps most everything. But then again when you meet women in your everyday life women will claim to want one thing and go for the total opposite. So in truth you can never fully understand what American women want bc it changes so often that you'll drive yourself crazy trying to fit the mold.

After seeing what I've seen over the last year, I'll agree with something Braunwyn said, water seeks it's own level or something like that; I've seen women recently overlook guys that were of a higher social status just so that they could date guys at their own level. What happened to the aspirational American woman?
Um... Perhaps the reason why it seems that some American women feel personality trumps everything and some American women think the total opposite is because the American women are women and not one woman. We are all different people. We all have different tastes. We don't have one mind, one need, one want. This is what I've been trying to say to so many people on here. For me, personality does trump everything. Same goes for most of my friends. I do have a couple of girlfriends that are more into looks or money. They are not married and not as happy. My friends that are more into personality are mostly married or in great relationships.

As for people seeking people at their own level - it kind of makes sense - doesn't it? Most people are going to go for people they come into contact with on a regular basis - which are most likely going to be people in their own social circle. Also - most people want someone that they have things in common with. I have no interest in being with a Rockefeller and I never have. My husband and I live in a great little neighborhood in a great little house - and we are totally happy. I don't need mansions or penthouse apartments - I wouldn't know what to do with them! Actually - I was raised around mansions - and I found many of my peers to be really snobby - so that may also have something to do with why I've never aspired to riches.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:10 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,801,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You need to get laid. It'll get you back on the right path.
Yep, exactly. I could use a fwb situation. The question is, where to find it.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:15 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,614,488 times
i think guys who are interested in mail-order brides are bad with women. american women are just unobtainable for them so they go the easy route. i think this is a mistake however. if they are bad with women they are prolly bad with relationship.

best bet is to just have fun w/ prostitutes and not worry about relationships. they aren't for you.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:17 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,614,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yep, exactly. I could use a fwb situation. The question is, where to find it.
yer in atlanta. good flight connections to many places. fly to colombia for the weekend or something and have party tiem

thats what i would do anyway

Old 12-28-2011, 06:21 PM

11,813 posts, read 12,062,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i think guys who are interested in mail-order brides are bad with women. american women are just unobtainable for them so they go the easy route. i think this is a mistake however. if they are bad with women they are prolly bad with relationship.
IMO that's pretty accurate.

If you struggle to get a date let alone have a relationship, what makes you think you'll be successful as the husband to a mail-order bride? After all, she isn't just a face and catalogue #, but a real person with real thoughts and feelings. Nevermind the host of issues that come with purchasing a spouse, a complete stranger from a foreign land...you don't have it "together" enough to date but you have the qualities essential to be a husband?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:23 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,730,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
yer in atlanta. good flight connections to many places. fly to colombia for the weekend or something and have party tiem

thats what i would do anyway
Agreed. Columbia or Rio. If you play your cards right in Bogota or Rio you can have yourself a wonderful party.

Last edited by he's so hott; 12-28-2011 at 06:33 PM..

Old 12-28-2011, 06:31 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,730,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
If a good looking, working, physically active man is having an impossible time then there's something else going on.
Why does it always have to be something wrong with the guy or girl? I know two really good looking guys that are fit to the point where they've placed 2nd in bodybuilding comps, have bachelors and masters degrees and they have really good personalities. Both of those guys are having a hard time finding someone of substance and quality.

Bc I know them and I know the environment, I know that it has more to do with the environment the three of us live in than it does the guys communication skills or how boring or not boring they are. Environment plays a factor into how successful you are. I meet more women than they do but these women aren't as educated as we are nor do they possess the same types of professional jobs that we hold. That doesn't make them bad women, it just makes it hard for them to identify with us and as such they feel more comfortable with the players at their level. At first that was hard for me to understand, but I get it now. That is why the two guys I know have removed themselves from that environment. Now I just have to do the same.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:31 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,160,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Isn't it? There are men on this forum that want to sell the single mom with multiple baby daddy, valuing bling over intellect, etc as if it's representative of American women when it's not. As if it's main stream. It is ghetto and race is neither here nor there.
Again, what does any of that have to with the topic at hand? A guy saying he wants to go over seas to find a wife, and you're taking "those people" "ghetto people" "bling" African American women not being able to find husbands, I mean what are talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships