Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 05:39 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,790,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Actually at my age there isn't, the vast majority are taken...why wouldn't I want to increase my options as much as possible? By looking at other countries I increase the probability of finding what I want by an astronomical amount. I'm 35...at my age a lot of women are already divorced, have kids, or are taken. I want the traditional relationship that other guys get to have - a woman I'm attracted to on more than one level, has no kids, and has never been married.
Exactly. The only difference is I'm willing to consider divorced women since I'm divorced. But I think everything you said is true. With the very attractive women, I've found you have to keep them as friends and hope they break up with a guy (assuming relationship, not marriage) and then be there because they're never single long. I had this realization in High School, though I've never really been able to pull it off.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:52 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Actually at my age there isn't, the vast majority are taken...why wouldn't I want to increase my options as much as possible? By looking at other countries I increase the probability of finding what I want by an astronomical amount. I'm 35...at my age a lot of women are already divorced, have kids, or are taken. I want the traditional relationship that other guys get to have - a woman I'm attracted to on more than one level, has no kids, and has never been married.
I'm 31 -- I could say the same exact things about American men, in fact I realize I actually agree with you except the reverse, there really isn't a decent one left here. All that's left are like you said: "divorced, has kids, taken or uninterested in a traditional relationship." Maybe I should look abroad too? Anyways, for me this topic has gone on about 10 pages too long as it is. I hope you find what you're looking for over there, good luck & happy trails.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:59 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,790,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I'm 31 -- I could say the same exact things about American men, in fact I realize I actually agree with you except the reverse, there really isn't a decent one left here. All that's left are like you said: "divorced, has kids, taken or uninterested in a traditional relationship." Maybe I should look abroad too? Anyways, for me this topic has gone on about 10 pages too long as it is. I hope you find what you're looking for over there, good luck & happy trails.
Doll Eyes, there is one man available who is single with no kids and relationship minded.---> me!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Doll Eyes, there is one man available who is single with no kids and relationship minded.---> me!
LOL! Too late. -- I no longer beleive there's reason anymore for me to bother with this area of life based on things that have little to do wit this thread topic. But seriously though, good luck with the overseas women.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:34 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,526 times
So how does this mail order thing actually work? Is there a catalog? Do they list prices? And are there coupons for free shipping!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,641 times
As someone stated earlier, women are women, no matter their race, creed, nationality or upbringing. You guys thinking that mail order brides or foreign women will be better as a whole, could be in for a rude awakening. The same things women in America don't like you for (as many of you claim), these foreign women won't like you for those things either. And in my opinion you are taking a bigger financial risk doing this. You are going to be out of pocket a lot of money if that relationship doesn't work. As I said way earlier in the thread, not knocking the hustle, if anyone wants to go that route, God bless 'em, but don't think it is going to be as easy as having your pick of the litter among hot foreign women who are going to love you forever. In the long run it could be more difficult than trying to find someone over in the United States.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well the fact that you trash me because of my DUI only proves my point. One mistake disqualifes me from all American women? IT seems to me women these days feel they are owed a George Clooney type man with all the fixings right out of the box with ZERO faults no matter how small. To even be considered for a second date you
1) must be independently wealthy
2) flawless looks
3) have trendy clothes
4) drive a $100 000 vehicle

Maybe its tv or movies I don't know what but this is what American women expect these days I'm forced to go outside our culture to find a normal a women with REALISTIC expectations than so be it.
Oh come on now. You're either really jaded or watching too much Housewives of X, Jersey Shore, I don't know. There are very, very few men who are wealthy, flawless looking, dressed trendily, driving an expensive car. In fact, I can't think of a single one. If that's the criteria fo a man to get a second date...then there would be a very small number of men going out and getting any. We would all be scratching each others eyeballs out for the pick.

And many men these days seem to want a Playboy model woman with a perfect body and an exciting career. And under 25. So it goes both ways.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:56 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
As someone stated earlier, women are women, no matter their race, creed, nationality or upbringing. You guys thinking that mail order brides or foreign women will be better as a whole, could be in for a rude awakening. The same things women in America don't like you for (as many of you claim), these foreign women won't like you for those things either. And in my opinion you are taking a bigger financial risk doing this. You are going to be out of pocket a lot of money if that relationship doesn't work. As I said way earlier in the thread, not knocking the hustle, if anyone wants to go that route, God bless 'em, but don't think it is going to be as easy as having your pick of the litter among hot foreign women who are going to love you forever. In the long run it could be more difficult than trying to find someone over in the United States.
I really have to LOL sometimes. Some of these men are complaining about American women being money-grubbing and materialistic. Why do they think a foreign women is on a website auctioning and selling herself for marriage? Do they really think these women are marrying men they don't know, on the other side of the world, just because they need a man to love them? Just because they want to take care of him?

Old 12-29-2011, 06:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well the fact that you trash me because of my DUI only proves my point. One mistake disqualifes me from all American women? IT seems to me women these days feel they are owed a George Clooney type man with all the fixings right out of the box with ZERO faults no matter how small. To even be considered for a second date you
1) must be independently wealthy
2) flawless looks
3) have trendy clothes
4) drive a $100 000 vehicle

Maybe its tv or movies I don't know what but this is what American women expect these days I'm forced to go outside our culture to find a normal a women with REALISTIC expectations than so be it.
I think you're the one projecting your delusional expectations onto women

Old 12-29-2011, 07:53 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I think you're the one projecting your delusional expectations onto women
Djuna, correct me if I'm wrong, you were a mail order bride, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships