Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,179,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Wrong on numerous levels but I don't have time to dissect it all at the moment. I see a bunch of new posters chiming in that clearly don't get it. It's not about what American men want...it's about what American women want. There's lots of single American women I'm interested in...but they write me off simply due to the fact they think my job isn't "good" enough for them or that I don't have a degree completed. A lot of women around my age that have no kids and a college degree will not date a guy that does not already have a degree. Would you consider that settling if a woman did? I don't, but apparently a lot of women do.

1. I never gave myself a number on the 1 to 10 scale....apparently an athletic, intelligent, good personality, clean cut guy with no debt, no kids, faithful in a relationship etc. is not good enough for the majority of American single women around my age.

2. What do you consider settling? As far as a woman choosing a man goes?
I can't wait to hear this one.

3. Is it too much to ask for a woman that is in decent physical shape and has no kids?

4. I can afford all that easily my friend didn't even have to travel that much before his wife came to America. They did a lot of stuff over the internet. She was not mail order.
Your situation is very interesting to me, because West Virginians are not noted for having impossibly high standards of wealth, it's about the poorest state in the Union. Not like LA or NYC .... but I think you've moved on, you're somewhere on the West Coast now. I think if you returned to WV you would find more reasonable standards.

I do remember a guy in Seattle who was decent looking, clean, tall and athletic looking. He said he preferred women, but was turning to gay relationships just because the women he dated said that he wasn't the one. They said that he was handsome and most women would be glad to have a relationship with him, but something just didn't click with them. But they were all saying that. It comes back again to women of a certain culture simply not finding a certain guy desirable for whatever reason, while women of another culture might go wild for that same guy. In his case I think just moving within the US would have gotten him laid aplenty with the ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I know of a number of guys who ended up having to go the mail order route. There was one trait they all had in common, they were all 5'8" and under. Coincidence? I tend to think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. That's short to us, but normal to Asians.

Height is one of my few quirks also, I'm simply not attracted to tall women. I'm 6'1" (185.4 cm) and don't find women to be desirable if they're over about 5'10". My weight limit would probably be about 180lbs, though if a fatter women dresses very nicely and is soft-spoken, I can get interested. Other than that, I've fallen for women of many sizes, shapes, and colors.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:55 PM

65 posts, read 100,039 times
Well this isn't the result I expected from posting this news. It seems a lot of women are insulted and taking it personally that someone would dare go outside of the Country to find a wife. Instead of me looking in the mirror and finding my supposed faults, I think thats great advice for all the women posting in this thread and American women in general.

All of you walk around expecting a date with Brad Pitt to come along and when it doesn't you end up with an abusive husband, someone who cheats on you or worse. Meanwhile you've rejected me, someone who has their proverbial stuff together. Me thinks there is something foul in Denmark here.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well this isn't the result I expected from posting this news. It seems a lot of women are insulted and taking it personally that someone would dare go outside of the Country to find a wife. Instead of me looking in the mirror and finding my supposed faults, I think thats great advice for all the women posting in this thread and American women in general.

All of you walk around expecting a date with Brad Pitt to come along and when it doesn't you end up with an abusive husband, someone who cheats on you or worse. Meanwhile you've rejected me, someone who has their proverbial stuff together. I think there is something foul in Denmark here.
1. In your initial post, you pretty much insulted all American women - and yet, you are surprised that we voiced our disdain?

2. We don't care if you want to go outside the country to find a wife. Really. Don't. Care.

3. Many of us do look in the mirror and try to become better people. However, we aren't the ones complaining about not being able to find love.

4. I'm married. He's not Brad Pitt (last time I checked anyway). He doesn't abuse me. He's never cheated on me. He's actually a truly amazing, wonderful human being.

5. Yes, there is something foul in Denmark - but it ain't us!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:40 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,179,271 times
It's that Gouda cheese. They age the authentic stuff over there in composting manure. "Foul" doesn't even come close to describing the smell.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:41 AM

896 posts, read 1,477,937 times
These single men seeking "mail order" wives are inundated with images of hot women on the internet. Trust me on this.

It isn't that they cannot land an American Woman....they can't land an American woman who looks like Megan Fox and walks around naked for them.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:55 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,222,840 times
I might as well just jump right into this hornet's nest: American women just aren't very feminine. The feminism of the '70s soured more than one relationship and started me looking in other directions. I married an Asian (not by mail order!!) and am very thankful that I did.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:47 AM

461 posts, read 783,146 times
Quote:

All of you walk around expecting a date with Brad Pitt to come along and when it doesn't you end up with an abusive husband, someone who cheats on you or worse. Meanwhile you've rejected me, someone who has their proverbial stuff together. Me thinks there is something foul in Denmark here.
What are you looking for here? You basically made a statement and go for it by all means. The responses you are getting is that posters (mostly females familiar with men like you) take exception to the above bolded part.

I'll cite my cousin again. Dated a man over 400lbs. who is a truck driver for a grocery store. Now, she's not a looker, just average (no kids) but hotter on the hot scale than him. She's even 5 years younger. For a year, she got up at 1am to make him lunch for their date (he never took her out) when she had to get up at 7am for work as a legal secretary. On her birthday recently, he broke up with her to pursue a girl 20 years his junior just because he lost some weight and thought that made his fat arse desirable. She did so much for him and he never complained about anything. She was completely blindsided. Her love meant nothing.
Idk, the guys that say they are so nice and women should be falling at their feet are definitely not in tune with reality. Because everyday I see average looking couples happy together. They may look average but their love seems grand to me and that's all that matters.

OP, how many girlfriends have you had? You have an advantage here in that no one personally knows you and can't know what you are really like. Not look like but your personality and how you relate to women. Looks are not everything to me because I've rejected good looking guys because there was no chemistry. If Brad Pitt came knocking on my door, I'd reject him because I've actually met him and he doesn't fit what I want as a person.

Stop using excuses and enough with bashing women. If you aren't good enough for a decent American woman (and don't you dare say there aren't any) then you aren't good enough for foreign women. I feel sorry for them being the last vestige of jaded American men's sordid desires and all the baggage they will have to deal with.

Oh, and I really like men, have brothers, grew up with mostly men so I usually take their side but most of the guys here are doing something seriously wrong and are projecting their failures on the women rather than looking at themselves and skimming over important details women care about. We do want a guy with a job or ambition but that is not materialistic in the true sense. That is actually showing a character trait of personal responsibility and ambition which is highly desirable in a mate.

It's not how much you make, it's the fact you are taking care of business that is attractive. AtlGuy, take note. He feels so worthless because of his job status that it comes through as an overall lack of confidence mostly because he feels so down about it. If I found out a guy had no direction and kept lamenting his profession that ended almost a year ago, I'd think he was seriously broken and sorry but it's not my responsibility to fix his life. Lack of direction is not desirable, if you managed a McD's confidently, you'd get women lining up.

The guys complaining women are materialistic are either looking for fake wannabe hotties or can't admit their own faults. To say a country full of millions of women that outnumber men and you can't find anyone really says something about yourself and not the women.

Last edited by myrevenge; 12-30-2011 at 05:35 AM..

Old 12-30-2011, 05:42 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,729,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post

I'll cite my cousin again. Dated a man over 400lbs. who is a truck driver for a grocery store. Now, she's not a looker, just average (no kids) but hotter on the hot scale than him. She's even 5 years younger. For a year, she got up at 1am to make him lunch for their date (he never took her out) when she had to get up at 7am for work as a legal secretary. On her birthday recently, he broke up with her to pursue a girl 20 years his junior just because he lost some weight and thought that made his fat arse desirable. She did so much for him and he never complained about anything. She was completely blindsided. Her love meant nothing.
I feel bad for your cousin bc that sucks, but she is the exception. Most women try to date men that are on their level or higher in terms of looks.

Quote:
Idk, the guys that say they are so nice and women should be falling at their feet are definitely not in tune with reality. Because everyday I see average looking couples happy together. They may look average but their love seems grand to me and that's all that matters.
Just bc they're average doesn't mean that they're not nice.

Quote:
Looks are not everything to me because I've rejected good looking guys because there was no chemistry. If Brad Pitt came knocking on my door, I'd reject him because I've actually met him and he doesn't fit what I want as a person.
I agree, looks are only a part of the equation. However, no guy knows what chemistry or spark he has to produce in order to be successful with a particular woman. It's just some abstract thing that really frustrates guys. Especially good looking, nice, somewhat decent personality guys. Chemistry and spark, which are probably the same thing can't be defined and as such dating for guys can be so random. It seems that chemistry/spark ranges from some weird feeling to if the guys gets you all hot and bothered down "there" to if he made you laugh and made you all hot and bothered down "there" all at the same time. So when women say to look at yourself and tweek something, how do you know what to tweek when most of the reasons not continuing with more dates can be random?

Quote:
Oh, and I really like men, have brothers, grew up with mostly men so I usually take their side but most of the guys here are doing something seriously wrong and are projecting their failures on the women rather than looking at themselves and skimming over important details women care about. We do want a guy with a job or ambition but that is not materialistic in the true sense. That is actually showing a character trait of personal responsibility and ambition which is highly desirable in a mate.
Sometimes it's not the fault of the guy. This is where we get into the randomness of things and the chemistry not being right or there not being a spark. Right time, right place, right environment.

Last edited by he's so hott; 12-30-2011 at 05:56 AM..

Old 12-30-2011, 07:07 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times
Quote:

There are oodles of awesome men out there (my husband is one of them) who do not fit your skewed pov of Brad Pitt vs abuser. And you don't have your proverbial stuff together, btw.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:08 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,158,439 times
Quote:
What are you looking for here? You basically made a statement and go for it by all means. The responses you are getting is that posters (mostly females familiar with men like you) take exception to the above bolded part.

OP, how many girlfriends have you had? You have an advantage here in that no one personally knows you and can't know what you are really like. Not look like but your personality and how you relate to women. Looks are not everything to me because I've rejected good looking guys because there was no chemistry. If Brad Pitt came knocking on my door, I'd reject him because I've actually met him and he doesn't fit what I want as a person.

Stop using excuses and enough with bashing women. If you aren't good enough for a decent American woman (and don't you dare say there aren't any) then you aren't good enough for foreign women. I feel sorry for them being the last vestige of jaded American men's sordid desires and all the baggage they will have to deal with.

It's not how much you make, it's the fact you are taking care of business that is attractive. AtlGuy, take note. He feels so worthless because of his job status that it comes through as an overall lack of confidence mostly because he feels so down about it. If I found out a guy had no direction and kept lamenting his profession that ended almost a year ago, I'd think he was seriously broken and sorry but it's not my responsibility to fix his life. Lack of direction is not desirable, if you managed a McD's confidently, you'd get women lining up.

The guys complaining women are materialistic are either looking for fake wannabe hotties or can't admit their own faults. To say a country full of millions of women that outnumber men and you can't find anyone really says something about yourself and not the women.
You sound very bitter and angry, but what do you expect from somebody named "myrevenge". Clearly this guy has hit a nerve with the women on here, yall keep saying you don't care what he does but are attacking this guy for no reason. All the guy said was he wants to go over seas to find a wife because he can't relate to american women and the feminist nutjobs on here go crazy. Calling him a loser, saying he must be a fat bald headed guy, he doesn't bring anything to the table. Going over seas to find a bride is not that far fetched of a idea, a lot of men espcially those who come from immigrant families chose not to marry american women and prefer somebody from overseas, and that doens't make them the devil. I wish this thread would just die already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships