Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well the fact that you trash me because of my DUI only proves my point. One mistake disqualifes me from all American women? IT seems to me women these days feel they are owed a George Clooney type man with all the fixings right out of the box with ZERO faults no matter how small. To even be considered for a second date you
1) must be independently wealthy
2) flawless looks
3) have trendy clothes
4) drive a $100 000 vehicle

Maybe its tv or movies I don't know what but this is what American women expect these days I'm forced to go outside our culture to find a normal a women with REALISTIC expectations than so be it.
Didn't you say you have breathalyzer attached to your car? I can't imagine being a single woman with career, home, responsibilities, who is picked up by a guy for a date and before we can drive off he has to breathe into a breathalyzer. That's the issue, not just the fact that you made a mistake at one point. That you further this embarrassing issue of yours by mistaking the perception of how wrong that scenerio is with an expectation of George Clooney looks and money is ridiculous.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Did you say you have breathalyzer attached to your car? I can't imagine being a single woman with career, home, responsibilities, who is picked up by a guy for a date and before we can drive off he has to breathe into a breathalyzer. That's the issue, not just the fact that you made a mistake at one point. That you further this embarrassing issue of yours by mistaking the perception of how wrong that scenerio is with an expectation of George Clooney looks and money is completely ridiculous.
It says, "I'm irresponsible."
That is what it says.
I don't have time to wait for people to grow up and 'learn lessons' that any person with half a brain could just realize is a bad idea.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:08 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
It's been my experience that men complaing about why they can't get a gf/wife gloss over reasons they might not get one . All my guy friends have gf's,my 2 brothers,my male cousins,my gf's are dating guys. And they all just met in simple ways, none of the guys are rich,and a few are some average looking guys with pretty girls ~and no the guys are not pulling in high $$$, before you go there~. That's not to say there aren't gold digging women, because there are. But on the flip side there are just as many skuzzball guys who will lie and manipulate for sex. In either of those cases though those people are the exception not the rule. So when you are having a hard time finding someone, maybe instead of pissing about it, you try to figure out what you might be doing wrong to keep girls wanting to date you.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:10 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
It's been my experience that men complaing about why they can't get a gf/wife gloss over reasons they might not get one . All my guy friends have gf's,my 2 brothers,my male cousins,my gf's are dating guys. And they all just met in simple ways, none of the guys are rich,and a few are some average looking guys with pretty girls ~and no the guys are not pulling in high $$$, before you go there~. That's not to say there aren't gold digging women, because there are. But on the flip side there are just as many skuzzball guys who will lie and manipulate for sex. In either of those cases though those people are the exception not the rule. So when you are having a hard time finding someone, maybe instead of pissing about it, you try to figure out what you might be doing wrong to keep girls wanting to date you.
I know! I have a couple of single female friends who are all like, "Hook me up with some of your male friends!" Well, sisters...all my male friends are married or in a serious relationship. Oh, well...one of them is widowed now. Maybe him...

Old 12-29-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well I think I know myself a little bit better than you dont ya think?! The problem if there is a problem with me is that I m too darn nice. I open the car doors for the ladies and chairs take them to expensive restaurants for dinner, to whatever movie they wanted. I open up about my self so they know I' m not creepy or a serial killer.
I did make a mistake a few months back and got a DUI. As part of the judgment I had to install a breathalyzer in my car. Before they ever got in I broached the subject and explained everything, they didn't think it was a big deal.
American women have to figure out they're not going to meet Brad Pitt on match.com and a guy like me is actually a pretty damn good catch in reality.
You explained this right before you picked them up or right before you made the date? I mean not too many girls are gonna respond with thrill if their date picks them up with a breathalyser in the car. But if you explained this before the date even happened then chances are that isn't a factor. Perhaps next time explain it before hand, or meet the girls a few times in places they drive to. Once someone gets to know you a bit better and can judge your character they will be more likely to be accepting.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:36 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times
This thread cracks me up, am I in a bizarro land?
1. Guys admit they are average catches at best.
2. Guys claim women should settle for them.
3. Guys claim they will not settle for American women that don't meet their requirements, of which they've piled a mike high.
4. Guys claim they will get a foreign bride. They have already admitted they don't make much money, so I don't know how they plan to afford visits and immigration.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
This thread cracks me up, am I in a bizarro land?
1. Guys admit they are average catches at best.
2. Guys claim women should settle for them.
3. Guys claim they will not settle for American women that don't meet their requirements, of which they've piled a mike high.
4. Guys claim they will get a foreign bride. They have already admitted they don't make much money, so I don't know how they plan to afford visits and immigration.

They should also realize that often after these woman stay the required time married to said man to get their greeen card they divorce.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
you try to figure out what you might be doing wrong to keep girls wanting to date you.

O, how am I familiar with this cynical line! so typical of a certain female smugness : "whatever happens [or doesn't happen , rather] it's ALWAYS the guy's fault " and he must do agonizing soul searching into the dark recesses of himself to find out what's wrong with himself : and if there's nothing wrong actually ?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
you try to figure out what you might be doing wrong to keep girls wanting to date you.

O, how am I familiar with this cynical line! so typical of a certain female smugness : "whatever happens [or doesn't happen , rather] it's ALWAYS the guy's fault " and he must do agonizing soul searching into the dark recesses of himself to find out what's wrong with himself : and if there's nothing wrong actually ?

If it happens once or twice you can chalk it up to simple incompatibility issues. But if YOU keep going on date after date after date, and never connect then chances are something is unappealing about you. We don't all travel in a monolithic block with a guidebook who who we will and won't date. I wouldn't date some of the guys my friends date and vice versa. You will eventually find someone who likes you and wants to date you due to the varying factor of different tastes. Sorry to say its not female smugness that's keeping guys from getting girls but something about the guy rubs women the wrong way.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Mail order brides? Do they offer volume discounts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships