Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

Robyn I have subscribed to this thread. I look forward to opening and reading your words each morning. I check back again in the evening for updates. Your thread is the only thread I follow in City-Data. I enjoy reading about your personal milestones and daily routine. Sometimes I worry about your situation but most times I look at your words on my screen and smile fondly. I think I speak for many, when I say, if you stopped posting there will be a void in our lives. Please do what you feel is best for you and your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,533 times
Zonababe speaks the truth - we really have become a little club here! We love you!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:48 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Default Good News!

A has only bad muscle bruising to the arm, per the xray.

Bad news, as the Dr cracks up, and it is very frightening, she says...

His growth plates have not even begun to close yet!!! he towers over me, and the dr, she saw the difference in his height since his last visit, a couple months ago.

My brother is 6foot8 j is 6foot2, maybe. A is close to 6 at thirteen years old, growth plates not even beginning to move to close.

Just like the soft spot on a babys head, these are at the wrist area, there is a complete line between the hand and wrist...no growing together...hahaha she says...hahaha.

I had A call him to let him know he is ok, just with the bruising.

He wants to watch Alladin, and chill... Gonna call work and let them know I am gonna stay here and ice his arm off and on, etc.

Think they miss me yet?

Dr says to keep him out today because of the tenderness, and soreness, pain on turning the wrist....out of gym a week, more if pain continues.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 AM

I love Alladin! My 16 year old son has the movie songs on his IPOD and his friends all sing along on the way back from football games on the bus. I thought it was kinda weird until his friend said to me - We're all Disney kids!!
I am so glad he isn't "broken" and it is a great time for you to spend with him one on one - a blessing in disguise. Some of the best bonding moments are the everyday ones!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 AM

work isn't glad......

but they are not glad about anything that they cannot control...

I have some alladin on my mp3

Old 10-25-2007, 10:22 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,327 times
Maybe Alexander should consider playing basketball if he has any interest.
Does he play at all?
Sports is a great outlet and motivation for kids, and it would help to give him an extra curricular activity in high school. Plus, it could lead to a college scholarship opportunity that could be worth a lot of money when he graduates.
Maybe you can talk to him about it to see if he has any interest in pursuing it? These skills don't develop all by themselves overnight, and it does require him gaining some court experience. Maybe there's a program available for kids his age to help him start to develop his skills if he doesn't play already. Some YMCA's have youth basketball leagues.
It's a competitive sport, but being tall really helps.
I'm glad that his arm is okay.

Last edited by sun; 10-25-2007 at 11:58 AM..

Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 AM

Calculator for A's adult height. Dont know if it is exact or perfect.

Sun, as far as your ??... He does not want to do any sports at all.. ;(

He is more scholarly. I was even asking him today about soccer. I wont allow football..eeekkkk

One of the docs at work is always on me about getting him into basketball, esp after seeing him, he starts up again...he just doesn't want it, doesn't like it.

Don't know why, and he never has. He always just reads reads reads. Which is not a bad thing either. He is a History buff....

He did say something about basketball today tho, when the dr said that she felt he was going to be very very tall.....shoot...he's already very very tall...he's my baby and my neck cracks when I look up at him!

http://bestsmileys.com/reading/3.gif (broken link)

Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 AM

I looked at my son last year and he had man feet - hairy and bony - it freaked me out!!! My little baby......

Old 10-25-2007, 11:46 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
Glad for your good news Robyn. I just got back from the orthapedic with my A. The news was not so good, he fractured his wrist right at the growth plate and is now sporting a hard cast. He chose green for it. sigh.

Glad your A has only bruising.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:57 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
Wink Don't even think about it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Are you guys....

http://bestsmileys.com/signs3/16.gif (broken link)

I think I am posting to myself these days....eeek! <snip> Maybe I need.. to end the thread, things are working themselves out, finally, I suppose once the court dates come and go, it will get even better....

hmm.....
No. No... Absolutely not! ... Unless of course, you want a whole bunch of mom-types, pop-types, and assorted brother & sister-types snivelin' all over their keyboards, and wandering aimlessly all over Cyber-dom a lookin' fer ya We're waaay too attached to you and to reading what you write and of course, givin' our endless helps and suggestions...teehee...

Or, wait a minute......*pouting* maybe You're getting tired of us. O Dear, now I've gotten all insecure. Think I will go have a little lie-down now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships