Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 12:12 PM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,327 times

Advertisements

aiangel_writer, That's too bad about your son's wrist. Hopefully everything will be as good as new once it heals.

Cinderobyn, my sons played Little League. We pulled the youngest one out early because we didn't want him getting hurt due to his lack of skills. Then one of the boys went out for the high school team but didn't make it. He's an NHS scholar too, but being a scholar and an athelete is even better for being considered for scholarships. He's in 12th grade now, and the college catalogs are now arriving in the mail everyday.
Just wait until Jim has to hear what college costs. All the financial aid forms will want his income listed to determine the amount of both parents contribution towards paying tuition. Man, he's going to be one mad dad someday! I can already hear him now, can't you?

Last edited by sun; 10-25-2007 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 12:33 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,533 times
Oh Sun - you silly - the kids will go to college during the week - that will certainly fall under Robyn's responsibility - since he is only the fun weekend guy!!!

aiangel_writer - sorry for your son - hope he feels better and doesn't drive you too crazy!!! Tell him to have fun showering with that plastic bag on!!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:16 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Glad for your good news Robyn. I just got back from the orthapedic with my A. The news was not so good, he fractured his wrist right at the growth plate and is now sporting a hard cast. He chose green for it. sigh.

Glad your A has only bruising.
Sorry to hear that, I was doing some research on the growth plate, hope everything goes well......

hugs

Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Calculator for A's adult height. Dont know if it is exact or perfect.

Sun, as far as your ??... He does not want to do any sports at all.. ;(

He is more scholarly. I was even asking him today about soccer. I wont allow football..eeekkkk

One of the docs at work is always on me about getting him into basketball, esp after seeing him, he starts up again...he just doesn't want it, doesn't like it.

Don't know why, and he never has. He always just reads reads reads. Which is not a bad thing either. He is a History buff....

He did say something about basketball today tho, when the dr said that she felt he was going to be very very tall.....shoot...he's already very very tall...he's my baby and my neck cracks when I look up at him!

http://bestsmileys.com/reading/3.gif (broken link)
I thought I had attatched a link to this post on how tall A would be, who knows if it is right, but it came out to 6'5".

Old 10-25-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
Oh Sun - you silly - the kids will go to college during the week - that will certainly fall under Robyn's responsibility - since he is only the fun weekend guy!!!

Thats right! I am responsible for during the week!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM

Default So, I hear things come in 3's...

OK, I took a little siesta, like I am in Mehico or something.

Alexanders school called, to make sure that he wasn't skipping, that he was actually home, and there was a reason for it. (they never did that when I was in school, or even last year...for them)

Lindsays teacher called to verify an IEP date, she had the date wrong...ggrr

Ok, my matress and frame are on the floor and A comes up to me and puts his foot next to my face. I was asleep. Mommy...my foot is bleeding.

I turned my head over towards his voice and yep..his foot was bleeding...I almost got sick. Blood normally does not make me ill...

He did something to his pinky toe...he is fine, but good grief Charlie brown!

Maybe the fact that the foot was right in my face with the blood made me feel that way. Hmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the way home today I thought of j's depression and then I thought of what Pirate girl posted on the different areas of grieving. So he may be in depression right now. Bad thing with him, is that I think he is BiPolar, and with the ups and downs, etc

I think the downs are really down. That is what I worry about, esp with a person, any person who is not willing to get help for a problem they have. He doesn't see that he has it.

But even a person who has it, and takes meds for it, if they are feeling fine will stop the med, because they feel better.

If he can't recognize he even has a problem......

Last edited by Pikantari; 10-25-2007 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: I can't type

Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 PM

And he never will - but you can teach the children (and you) how to deal with it and not allow them to take it on themselves.....you could sneak it into the ongoing state of the family conversations....
you know kids - mom and dad are going through a lot too and we're dealing with all sorts of things........

Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
And he never will - but you can teach the children (and you) how to deal with it and not allow them to take it on themselves.....you could sneak it into the ongoing state of the family conversations....
you know kids - mom and dad are going through a lot too and we're dealing with all sorts of things........
Here is something you may or may not have picked up on about A. He is like me, a bit, in that he is a caregiver.

He is a caregiver to L. Today he was concerned about her bus getting here when he had a bloody toe, he heard the bus, she has a key.....and he is running down the stairs to make sure she gets in ok.

I dont know, in a perfect world everything would be ok, and this thread wouldn't even exist, but nothing is perfect, alas, the thread.

He does need to get into something. Some program, some something, I think in part, he doesn't want to, for commitment to L. I dont know.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:55 PM

And that right there says so much about you as a mom. They will always have each other - be proud!!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:58 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Glad for your good news Robyn. I just got back from the orthapedic with my A. The news was not so good, he fractured his wrist right at the growth plate and is now sporting a hard cast. He chose green for it. sigh.

Glad your A has only bruising.
aiangel - I hope your son heals well and quickly. Best wishes to you both!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships