Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 06:07 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,799 times

Advertisements

EVERY Monday when the kids were gone over the weekend was HELL. Alexander is going through some hard stuff - don't push - just be there. His father has been drumming it in his head all weekend that life with you is bad - Alexander is having a tough time - he doesn't want to be mad at his father but he can't help it and LUCKY you - because you are the one that gives that child unconditional love - you will be the one to get hit with the moods. It sucks - but that's a parent's job - to catch the overflow. You are doing a great job in not pushing the kids and allowing them to feel their own feelings and not what you want them to feel......
I would definately bring up the weekend transition and maybe IB could take them Friday nights and give them back Sat night? Plus if you make a big deal about that if/when they have to talk to the kids they will definately ask about that....Kids need structure, normal bed times - especially a child with Lindsay's challenges......
Pretty soon he's gonna catch on that you have all the weekend freedom and he doesn't have a life and as soon as the $$ situation is decided and he sees that he's been killing himself (his thoughts - not mine) to take the kids every weekend and getting no alone time for himself and then he gets slammed with this huge support payment - I promise you the weekends will stop and you'll get your family back.......

Crock pots are $60....I got mine at wal-mart for $30.....hmmmm
POOR toaster - mine works but the kids complain because they have to hold the one side down - oh the horrors!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 06:47 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalogirl View Post
Rockky, I've said it before, and I'll say it again......I wanta be just like you when I grow up. Such simple words, but how brilliant!!

And Rob, what about those clothes I gave A, do they not fit him? Too bad you couldn't take them back if they don't. They do have the price tags still on, maybe give it a shot?

LOL! Carol, I'm pretty damn old, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Thanks!

MsV, You know how it is. Ya just take the behavior you see in front of you. Can't change it, so ya figure out how to make it work for you.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
You guys are always so right on the money!

So, this morning...the kids are a bit...on the uncooperative side, but we knew that would happen, and you know, I cannot be upset about it.

I made them scrambled eggs, and was going to make english muffins but my toaster went caput! Not much on breakfast meats around here...the kids are, but I am not. He buys that thick bacon full of fat.

Lindsay just asked me why ALexander sounds mad. He was stomping up the stairs. I told him to finish his eggs and go back upstairs and put on some jeans...52 degrees outside. But I dont have any. I beg to differ..I washed clothes like a crazy person this weekend...LOL

stomp stomp stomp. Lindsay is faring pretty well this morning. A little groggy, but with proper manners, I just got a great big hug and kiss fr her. Always have to love that!

Alexander is def in a mood. Hopefully it will wear off over the time of the day, not sure.

Lindsay could not find her 'old' back pack. Which is really my messenger bag, so merge her stuff into her new one. Normally this would be cause for a 'meltdown' but I quickly helped her, it was undder the couch...eeek!

Alexander still up in his room moping. The cats still love me....Mollie kept me warm last night.

He has it in him not to be like tjibda, he SO has it in him. But that genetic make up is there. That horrible treatment is there. I worry. I have tried all these years to turn the kids in the other direction.

Now he argues over which jacket, he tries to wear one that is dirty, that does not fit, says the one I told him to wear does not fit, so, I gave him one that does! He was cool with that...good.

Lindsay on Saturday morning told me that her glasses were crooked, I fixed them best I could with my hands, but the tools they use at the eyeglas place are much more appropriate. I let her know that Daddy would have to take her, she would be w him all weekend.

Forever, this is something WE did on the weekend. Do you think they were adjusted? Nope...

Was looking for a crockpot yesterday...all they had were the $60 ones, I was thinking NOT! Now I need that and a toaster. LOL

Just looked at Lindsays jacket and the zipper pull is missing and it is too tight...grrr... LOL I did look at jackets yesterday, but I had to hurry up and get home, so I could meet them... Will look tomorrow...but I am thinking I have a resch appt tomorrow and it is at 1230 and I didn't tell my OM about it. It was resch fr 0904 and I couldn't go. hmm. I need to go, but after being sick on fri and calling in the fri before, I cannot.

What I need...is a new job!
OK. Here's my latest concern. IB may tell the kids not to tell anyone about what happens when they are with him. I doubt that he will want anyone to know that he didn't give them supper. He may try to make them think that if they 'tell' the courts won't let them see him. That is, of course, not true. The court will let them see him even if it comes to supervised visitation. They need to be encouraged to always tell the truth and allow the adults to make decisons in their best interest.

Robyn, Try to find a Goodwill store somewhere. You'd be surprised what you can find at reasonable prices. Even if you don't find anything else, the book prices are great! The kids will probably enjoy looking through them.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:05 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,820 times
I toast my bread in the oven under the broiler.
I just haven't bought a toaster yet because I like the non-cluttered kitchen counters.
Don't have a microwave either ( for the same reason ). I have even toasted buns on the grill.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
work sucked.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Default I feel your pain!

At least your not in a remote northern location where it is already below zero every morning...and it trys to snow all day...or just spent your birthday in the office, and will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas in the office as well. See...it's not so bad is it?
No matter how bad you think your day has been...somebody out there has had a slightly worse day!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
At least your not in a remote northern location where it is already below zero every morning...and it trys to snow all day...or just spent your birthday in the office, and will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas in the office as well. See...it's not so bad is it?
No matter how bad you think your day has been...somebody out there has had a slightly worse day!
Om was screaming down my throat and I didn't much appreciate it.... this is gonna be bad, ok, I am not gonna say it, cuz it would be mean, nevermind.

I would have used to hear what she was saying and think it was ok for her to talk to me like that, as authority, but it is not. After having lived with tjibda, and realizing what he has done to me, I realize there is a right/wrong way to go about everything, and she chose the wrong way, and it was wrong, and there are so much more bigger things in the office that need to be looked in on but I feel that my being sick on friday is what brought this on, it pissed her off, because i had a note, and she wouldn't let me leave for a half day thurs, when there was staff, and only one dr...because I didn't have a note, and still not feeling well, even having the whole weekend to recoup.

Not feeling well this am. She is not a good leader, and she is power tripping.

flip.

tjibda called to talk to me only last night, personal property taxes came in the mail at his house last night. Mine are 76, and you know he wants to make sure that gets to me all safely and everything.

Any of you hiring for a stay at home job? Let me know, K?

The kids are still wandering about upstairs. L wanted to know why it was so cold down here, I dont think it is, but I have flannels on, she only had a t shirt on and came down and got right back down in sleep mode...cutie.

Here comes A. Wants to know if he has any clean shirts, carbon copy: yesterday. LOL. He says there are none. That makes me crazy. He doesn't put his clothes away and doesn't know what is what. Just let him know we will go thru his room today after work, half day, he says why...hmm..

Stuff everywhere, clothes everywhere...why? Ls is pretty good. OOOH we can go through all of his boxes if I am not sleeping, lol...whatever this is, it is killing my throat. ugh.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 AM

oh BTW, Wal Mart has Crock pots all the way down to 10, the ten ones are too small, the 15 one is the one I was looking at, I think it holds 4 qts, and then they have all in between, up to about 60 dollars. That is what was left in stock... no can do.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:32 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,178,551 times
Any of you hiring for a stay at home job? Let me know, K?

Morning Robyn - I only have a couple of minutes this morning, but go to this website: MT Chat - and look around. If you go to the message center, there are forums there for transcriptionists, coders/billers, etc. Go ahead and register for the site - it's free - and you can post questions, etc. I don't know what your background is or how much transcription (if any) you do, but there are plenty of national companies that hire people to work from home (that's what I do). Some companies require that you have hospital experience, some will test you and see if you "fit" with the company. You won't make a ton of money when you start out, but you can make $20+/hour once you get rolling with it.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me - I gotta get hubby up and to physical therapy this morning or I'd write more......

Old 10-02-2007, 04:43 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,769,802 times
Smile Hi Sweet Friend...

I am So hoping today at work it was easier than yesterday..I have some thoughts about the work situation, but am reluctant to be giving even more advice Perhaps you could DM me if you're wanting to hear...

LOL, whenever you talk about your w/d I chuckle because as it turns out, in my new little dwelling place I have a w/d and it's the first time for a few years that I haven't been going away somewhere to do my laundry.....God is good

Still unpacking here....I'll be doin' this no doubt long after you've emptied your last box. lol lol

I know you are tired and discouraged but let us hear from you, OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships