Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,454 times

Advertisements

To all of you who sent prayers and supportive thoughts, they made a dismal day much brighter.
My SIL had the brain surgery first thing this morning, they took out a tumor the size of a grapefruit, said it appeared to be benign and that time will tell if there are any residual effects from the surgery...she is most blessed! My husband took his Mom back home this afternoon until next week, and he's just concerned with his sister's recouperation now. He's come to the conclusion that he cannot pass up this transfer opp and will tell them both his plans, as soon as MIL has her last chemo next week, and SIL is on the mend. He's postponed his leaving until next week, but then will come back and share the reality...and I, of course, will be here for many months to come, trying to sell the house. Many thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Robyn, wasn't today the Orientation to Mediation, which ib missed last week, and had he made it then, Mediation would have followed immediately afterward.
And November 19 is the custody court date ~ am I close?

Hope you and the kids are feeling better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 04:31 PM

224 posts, read 777,439 times
MSV, I believe you are correct, that Robyn wasn't going today since she attended last week and he did not. I'm not sure when the actual mediation will be once they both attend the orientation.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:09 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,407 times
Robyn, I'm here and reading. I'll be here if and when you need me. Heck, I'll probably still be doing the grrrrrr! thing from time to time. Had the stress test Tuesday. Like I told you in the direct message, I was doin' the wedding thing. Then when we got back home, my SO's kids and their families showed up for a few days. Nothin' like chasin' a couple of little guys around...sorta like having Linus and Pigpen come to stay. I only had to have the plumbers here once for an emergency toilet uncloggin'.

Hope you are feeling better.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:11 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsV View Post
To all of you who sent prayers and supportive thoughts, they made a dismal day much brighter.
My SIL had the brain surgery first thing this morning, they took out a tumor the size of a grapefruit, said it appeared to be benign and that time will tell if there are any residual effects from the surgery...she is most blessed! My husband took his Mom back home this afternoon until next week, and he's just concerned with his sister's recouperation now. He's come to the conclusion that he cannot pass up this transfer opp and will tell them both his plans, as soon as MIL has her last chemo next week, and SIL is on the mend. He's postponed his leaving until next week, but then will come back and share the reality...and I, of course, will be here for many months to come, trying to sell the house. Many thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Robyn, wasn't today the Orientation to Mediation, which ib missed last week, and had he made it then, Mediation would have followed immediately afterward.
And November 19 is the custody court date ~ am I close?

Hope you and the kids are feeling better!
Thread drift warning!!

MsV, I'm glad to read that things went well with your SIL's surgery. I sent you an email a bit ago. I am pleased to see the update. Prayers to you all.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:53 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times
MsV, You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers....

I have been worried, it is so hard when a family member has CA. I lost both of my parents to it. I had no idea your MIL was going through this, and then this w your SIL.... has got to be difficult... (((((HUGS to you and DH and family)))))

Mediation ORIENTATION today for tjibda. I got the bill from my lawyer today for the sep agreement that has never been signed, but we were going to make some changes. Well, I signed it, he didn't like the intro to it, it talked about something like differences that could not be come to terms with, etc, but in other words. and he was like I dont agree with that, blah blah blah. He wasn't given the chance to make it better.

How you can make it better, I have not a clue...if anyone knows, let me know?

So, I have to pay the lawyer, but he has had several meetings w me. Now, he wants to go to mediation, and get an agreement there, and wants it all basically to be what we drew up in our own agreement, besides the face that I want the kids on some weekends.

*deep breath* jeckyll/hyde.

One week ago he was evil, he said he has a lawyer and he is getting the kids. Now he says we already agreed upon everything we want to do, all the way down to the holidays...

mediator told him if we dont mediate we could get infront of the judge and he may not like the outcome.... ah ha.

Still sick, after lunch, I didn't take a full lunch, so, during my lunch, i took a little nap to see if I would feel better, wasn't happening, so i said something to Om about going home, and she said she really needed me there.

If I wanted to go home, I should have gotten a note from the NP.

She left for several hours this morning to get her hair down, how nice. So, my new job, putting all charts back, been doing that, had to make calls for front desk, she went to lunch and came back with a hot dog, heated it up later and took her 2nd lunch.

So, she didn't get all of her charts pulled, I dont think, and I dont think she made all her calls, I did one list.

The ONe dr that was here this afternoon told me I should take off tomorrow and rest up. I told him i couldn't I had to take off last fri, and a half a day today wouldn't have been so bad. Told him I couldn't afford it, and dont have the days, used to before they took them away and are now making us accrue them... he had no idea they were doing that, said it was wrong.

Whatever. I guess we, tjibda, and I will have to figure out a day to mediate, I think he is choosing this route because he is afraid, he should have just came last week. DA

Old 09-28-2007, 05:10 AM

I am still sick, going to work, will see how that works. Get my washer and dryer after work!!!! YAY!!! Talked to the guy last night... YAY!!!! oh, I already said that. I did not wash clothes last weekend.... BOOOOO... LOL.

Today at work, I will be like a person who has no idea what they are talking about...just ask Kalo.

I could not differentiate between gas and grass yesterday after work. I had to get GAS so A gould cut the GRASS. I just had the two all mixed up talking about I got grass because the gas needs to be cut and all that crazy mess. Couldn't think straigth at work...

Wonder what today will bring. Hmm. it will bring a w/d! YAY! A wants me to get his hair cut, told me yesterday he needs it cut because daddy said that his time with them is only for fun stuff, and getting hair cut is not fun stuff.

Grrr. Maybe tjibda should buy me some clippers. I can cut hair, went to school 2 years to do it. DA. UGH. I can touch up the back and sides and shorten the top. Why does the child have to have a short cut all year long?

gggrrrr...learned that fr Rockky!@ gggrrrr

Get paid today, I will give that to landlord...lol... if I dont laugh, what else can i do? At least i am not like DA living penny to penny w nothing to eat...DA!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:15 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
A wants me to get his hair cut, told me yesterday he needs it cut because daddy said that his time with them is only for fun stuff, and getting hair cut is not fun stuff.
Keep digging, idiot boy, keep digging......

Robyn- Just keep repeating- TGIF, TGIF... you can be comatose in bed all weekend if you want! Get better....

Old 09-28-2007, 05:23 AM

Thanks HIF, I just may be... LOL

Old 09-28-2007, 05:49 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,536 times
MsV, I'm glad to hear the surgery may have net some good news. Such turmoil is hard when things are stable but this transfer has to be weighing heavily on you and Mr. V. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Robyn, you sound better now than you did earlier in the week. Less overwhelmed, less stressed................. Maybe a weekend of rest will get you over the hump.

So is there a mediation scheduled as of yet?

Old 09-28-2007, 05:49 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,454 times
daddy said that his time with them is only for fun stuff, and getting hair cut is not fun stuff. Please document this idiocy!! He's only digging his grave bigger...

Robyn, you need to do laundry & sleep inbetween ALL WEEKEND. Get soup & crackers in the house, and with the remote in hand, REST!

All is well with us, we have calmed down here...surgery went so well, SIL was out of bed the same day, eating and talking. MIL is back in her own home for the next 5 days, and then she gets her last chemo tx. My husband is much calmer, more focused on how to proceed, and will just start the new job a week later. I was surprised when I vented so easily on the thread the other nite, but it was what was flooding my mind, and I must tell you, it felt good to share and I am most appreciative for all the messages, thoughts and prayers that were offered to us. You guys are quite a unique group of special friends. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships