Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 04:59 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No, people in USA are generally pretty happy and the people who are unhappy in a world with the highest standard of living are making themselves unhappy by trying to find everything negative about their life.

The "underground internet world" is a bunch of unhappy losers who just want to ***** about how their problems are everyone else's fault because they are too lazy/weak to fix their own lives.

Riiiiiight. So men take the time to create blogs like this simply because they are 'unhappy losers':

Definition of a Perfect Marriage

"It’s a fable. It’s a fairy story. Of course there isn’t any such thing as a perfect marriage. Such a thing does not exist. Even when a couple seems to have a “perfect” marriage, there are always behind-the-scene problems we don’t know about—and some even they don’t know about.

The best example I can think of would be my friends Jack and Bonnie. They hold hands everywhere they go and stick together like glue. They are always so lovey-dovey. But as it turns out, Jack’s secretary gives him bj's at work. He even sneaks her out of town with him now and then to occupy adjoining rooms while he attends business conferences. Lucky guy. I wish I had his expense account.

Maybe the ideal marriage is an otherwise happy couple with an open marriage. I know a few couples like that whose relationship has survived a decade or more. Oh yeah, open marriage horrifies a lot of people, but I’d much prefer it to a dead marriage, which is what I have. The biggest difference is that people in open marriages have mastered that evil monster called Jealousy. Apparently, they have learned how to have love and friendship (and maybe even sex) with one another without demanding ownership.

I’ve said it too many times: Monogamy sucks. However, it’s only the monogamy requirement that sucks. Two people who voluntarily want to keep sex just between the two of them can be perfectly happy…as long as it lasts. So, part of a perfect marriage would be where both people are happy and can agree on whether either or both have the privilege of outside sexual relations. And/or have the option to renegotiate it when necessary."

Unwillingly Celibate

Old 01-14-2012, 05:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Can I be nice one day and recognize a good burn when i see it?
A good burn is only a good burn when there is truth to it!!! And I'd prefer it if you were nice everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Wtf?
Yeah - I know. Whatever.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

Yeah - I know. Whatever.
He must don't make much which then proves my point.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Riiiiiight. So men take the time to create blogs like this simply because they are 'unhappy losers':

Definition of a Perfect Marriage

"It’s a fable. It’s a fairy story. Of course there isn’t any such thing as a perfect marriage. Such a thing does not exist. Even when a couple seems to have a “perfect” marriage, there are always behind-the-scene problems we don’t know about—and some even they don’t know about.

The best example I can think of would be my friends Jack and Bonnie. They hold hands everywhere they go and stick together like glue. They are always so lovey-dovey. But as it turns out, Jack’s secretary gives him bj's at work. He even sneaks her out of town with him now and then to occupy adjoining rooms while he attends business conferences. Lucky guy. I wish I had his expense account.

Maybe the ideal marriage is an otherwise happy couple with an open marriage. I know a few couples like that whose relationship has survived a decade or more. Oh yeah, open marriage horrifies a lot of people, but I’d much prefer it to a dead marriage, which is what I have. The biggest difference is that people in open marriages have mastered that evil monster called Jealousy. Apparently, they have learned how to have love and friendship (and maybe even sex) with one another without demanding ownership.

I’ve said it too many times: Monogamy sucks. However, it’s only the monogamy requirement that sucks. Two people who voluntarily want to keep sex just between the two of them can be perfectly happy…as long as it lasts. So, part of a perfect marriage would be where both people are happy and can agree on whether either or both have the privilege of outside sexual relations. And/or have the option to renegotiate it when necessary."

Unwillingly Celibate

Of course when this is his bio, i'm gonna take him super serious

"
I started the Grumpy Old Mens Club when I overheard a young girl in a restaurant ask, “Mommy, why are old men so grumpy?” Her mother answered, “Oh, I don’t know, dear. Eat your dinner.”
The answer, of course, is that old guys in this country don’t get enough sex. That is, most older men in our so-called civilized American society don’t get as much sex as they need or would like. Lack of sex makes a man real grumpy--and it's bad for his health.
That's why I’m a banner-waving spokesman for Legalized Prostitution and Radical Honesty. I believe that well-run bordellos, and a man's right to openly patronize them, is a damn good solution to the problem of too many grumpy old men. And, it would help prevent prostate disease.
At one time, I thought this would be a How To Get Laid website for Old Guys. But, I'm not having much luck getting laid myself. So I'm certainly not one to write an advice column.
I love women—and I’ve loved a lot of them. But now that I’m getting a little age on my face, I’m not feeling the love any more. We real men of America want some good juicy lovin' dammit, and we're willing to pay for it."

Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:
Wrong! Because there are thousands of Western men with the SAME problem which points to the problem not being with them, but American society.
If only thousands of men, out billions have this problem, then it is them, not the culture, society, or women. Thousands is actually a very small percentage.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
i dare you to go out with an american woman and ask her to lose weight and exercise with you. If you go out with a woman in america it's expected for you to accept her as she is. so i do not go out with a woman unless she is already in shape and healthy, like i am. At my age most healthy women are taken.
exactly!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
He must don't make much which then proves my point.
Well, he must don't make more than you might think he must don't make. Hee hee!

So - because I'm happily married - I must be an ugly woman married to a poor guy? LOL!!!

So - back to the OP. Once again - it's possible to talk about looking for a mail order foreign bride with out degrading and insulting all American women. It's also totally possible to find love with someone foreign. However - finding love isn't usually something you can plan or... well, buy. If you're lucky - it finds you. And it doesn't charge you for your services and ask you to support it's whole family and bring them over here.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If only thousands of men, out billions have this problem, then it is them, not the culture, society, or women. Thousands is actually a very small percentage.
There are 300 million people in America. And out of 300 million I say half of that is women, so we are down to 150 million men.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,752,495 times
Quote:
How much does your husband make per year?

Be honest.
This is hilarious. I and the majority of my college educated friends have always made as much if not more than our husbands. I really do wonder what circles you travel in. I was married for 20 years and put my husband through art school in the early days. He has built a successful international photography business while I developed my own career and am doing pretty well working as a diplomat in Europe. I can assure you my situation is not strange or unusual for an "American woman."

Old 01-14-2012, 05:12 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:
There are 300 million people in America. And out of 300 million I say half of that is women, so we are down to 150 million men.
I stand corrected on population, but the point still remains valid.

Thousands vs. millions /shrug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships