Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Oh, believe me, I agree with you. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the kind of moronic presumption it takes to say that Dew is with her husband because she couldn't attract a man of "higher status" and then package that up in psychobabble terminology like "hypergamy."

Gawd, I hope some people never, ever breed.
I have no doubts that her man is of the absolute highest status, because she is also!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Hmmm, and why do "pink collar" jobs pay less? Could it be that society has traditionally viewed the things that women are drawn to as "less important" because women are drawn to them? You know, because women were traditionally viewed as "less important," themselves?
No, they pay less because sitting in a cushy little office while you eat your little muffin is LESS RISKY apposed to jobs that men do such as swinging of the 108 floor of the OUTSIDE of a building by a rope just so we can clean the window.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:17 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Can you further explain what these values are, and how they are so different from those of American women?

I'm going to go on a limb and guess you don't like American women because, I don't know, they're "materialistic, superficial, gold-digging..."

You do realize why American/Western men are such a "catch" to those women, right? Because you're perceived as being affluent, wealthy. A chance for an easier life for them.

(This coming from a non-American woman).
LOL Ironic, isn't it?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:18 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That's only a small part of it...American men treat women well and put them on a pedestal...they do not get that pampering in their own countries. Women in America do not appreciate guys like me whereas a women from Asia most likely would. Women in other countries have less options than American women and the playing field is more even. Women in America like to play the field with 20 different guys they can only do this because so many men want to be players. When they find out none of the men will commit then they whine there are no good men. American women are the most materialistic women in the world, it's a fact. So a guy like me that isn't loaded and doesn't have power/social status has a hard time meeting quality women. Even though I have a long list of qualities.
So you're admitting that you're a loser and need a woman of lower status to match you. But how will you buy a bride if you don't have money???

And no, American men do not necessarily treat women any better.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:19 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post

I went there to meet a handful of Thai ladies that were open to the idea of marrying a western man. I figured if American gals don't appreciate a stable professional man than maybe a foreign one would!

I'm sure that's the whole story, right?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
So you're admitting that you're a loser and need a woman of lower status to match you. But how will you buy a bride if you don't have money???

And no, American men do not necessarily treat women any better.
There's no discrimination when it comes to men or women being mistreated.

Every race and both genders do it.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:21 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Potential is not a guarantee. Who would want to marry someone without potential for something greater than they are now? Male or female that doesn't matter because relationships change and people change. I view a man who doesn't do something with himself as lazy. I feel the same way about women. I don't want someone who is content where they are when they are in their 20's or 30's and does nothing with themselves. I certainly plan to work as hard as I can to improve and advance myself and live up to my potential and I expect my Husband to do the same.
It's funny how Americans are so obsessed with "achievement" but when I look around all I see are trashy overweight people who have tattoos, use foul language, are crass and rude to each other and according to the statistics don't save any money, and are broke/or bankrupt.

You Americans live to work and have nothing deeper or meaningful to show for it.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:23 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
There's no discrimination when it comes to men or women being mistreated.

Every race and both genders do it.
Exactly...some of these guys are saying "American women treat me soo bad, I'm gonna go get me a nice girl overseas and she'll treat me like gold because foreign women have different values".

Us "foreign women" are no different guys. We are also capable of dishonesty, cheating, lying, materialism, those same negative traits you so despise in your women at home.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:24 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
It's funny how Americans are so obsessed with "achievement" but when I look around all I see are trashy overweight people who have tattoos, use foul language, are crass and rude to each other and according to the statistics don't save any money, and are broke/or bankrupt.

If that's all you see, you're hanging around in the wrong place.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
I love generalizing. It makes everyone so much angrier and opinionated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.