Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 07:47 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Most of the rest of the world doesn't...American women are not sought after the way American men are. American men are known for treating women better than most anywhere in the world. They like American women for an easy lay when they are vacationing in Europe or something but they aren't considered worth moving for or having a relationship with.
Especially not by those who have major relationship and other deficits and at whom no self-respecting woman of value and of any nationality will give a second look.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:51 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Especially not by those who have major relationship and other deficits and at whom no self-respecting woman of value and of any nationality will give a second look.
You're just sucking up to the women on CD your posts mean nothing to me and they add nothing intelligent to the conversation. Refute some of the posts I have made with facts then we'll talk. You're assuming to know people over the internet you have never met in real life lol. You're one of the guys that married young so you're not coming from the same angle as me. I've been told I should settle for a 300 pounder in this thread repeatedly that's all the advice any of the women had. Meanwhile women that have the exact same qualities as me are allowed to have a 100 page long checklist of things they require in a man.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:57 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Most of the rest of the world doesn't...American women are not sought after the way American men are. American men are known for treating women better than most anywhere in the world. They like American women for an easy lay when they are vacationing in Europe or something but they aren't considered worth moving for or having a relationship with.
So, now American women simply have no value as human beings. They aren't worth this or that. Men like you remind me how good my husband is. I think I'll go cook him up some breakfast.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 AM

370 posts, read 1,366,347 times
Quote:
I agree their ultra-pickiness is incredible... I think women need to try and date as a man for a week then they would see what we are talking about. I mean seriously when you have women on a site like match saying they require a guy that is at least 6 foot and she is only 5'3'' you know you're trying to date in a totally screwed up society. Again though from the evidence I have gathered it appears to be older single women between 28-40 or so. If you're dating in your early 20's you're more likely to find a woman that is looking for true love and a lot of these women are already married before they hit 25.
This is hilarious. Who are you trying to date, some princess or model?

In my own family I have a relative who is 48, just dumped his second wife, and is with another woman who is MADLY in love with him.

He's neither rich, nor tall, and has no happening job. He has no degree.

True love is not about how tall a guy is or how much money he makes.

Okay, some women with degrees want a guy who has one but other than that, it makes very little difference to many women. I have a higher degree. Must husband has no degree. Yes, we struggle financially but that is because we choose a lifestyle that is best for our family right now.

Many men with PHds are out of work!!

All I see from you guys for the last few days is a list of excuses. If a woman came on doing that you'd say "lower your standards."

Or maybe you need to find a better class of women.

Some women ARE materialistic.

Most are not.

It's again a question can you mutually afford a meal together at the diner or MUST she have steak and champagne at the Ritz every night?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, now American women simply have no value as human beings. They aren't worth this or that. Men like you remind me how good my husband is. I think I'll go cook him up some breakfast.
Some are fine...you already know my stance you're married and you married when you were young. I'm talking about women that are single and in the dating pool for a guy my age. Do you know what it's like to spend 300 dollars for tickets to an event then get stood up by the woman that said she would go with you? That's the kind of women that are out there for guys like me in America.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:10 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,769 times
Quote:
WL, I'm from Eastern Europe and you are wrong. American men are not known for treating women better, they're known for being able to provide for. Financially.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
This is hilarious. Who are you trying to date, some princess or model?

In my own family I have a relative who is 48, just dumped his second wife, and is with another woman who is MADLY in love with him. He's neither rich, nor tall, and has no happening job. He has no degree.
True love is not about how tall a guy is or how much money he makes.
Okay, some women with degrees want a guy who has one but other than that, it makes very little difference to many women.
All I see from you guys for the last few days is a list of excuses. If a woman came on doing that you'd say "lower your standards."
Or maybe you need to find a better class of women.

Some women ARE materialistic.
Most are not. It's again a question can you mutually afford a meal together at the diner or MUST she have steak and champagne at the Ritz every night?
No they just think they are. That's sort of the problem isn't it? I always agree with the things you say but the reality is a lot of women don't see it like you do. If you review this thread you will notice a number of women said I would not be considered worthy of them just due to the fact that I'm still working on a degree and I am not high on the career ladder at age 35. That's just in this thread...so imagine how many think that in general. The proof is there.

I have mostly dated women over 27 from the suburbs that have no kids and have not married yet. This is my status as well...so the women I have dated have been a perfect match for me in those 2 key areas. In every situation as far as I can tell my career status and degree status was a huge issue to them. Nothing else mattered, that was the most important thing.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,772 times
Quote:
Some are fine...you already know my stance you're married and you married when you were young. I'm talking about women that are single and in the dating pool for a guy my age. Do you know what it's like to spend 300 dollars for tickets to an event then get stood up by the woman that said she would go with you? That's the kind of women that are out there for guys like me in America.
Where I do agree with you is that in our age bracket, 30-39 it's a tough dating scene out there for men that want a woman in our age bracket. It's weird bc the women in their early to mid 20s are resolute about what they want and some of them like older guys. However, if you want to date women our age there are challenges bc of the "checked luggage/baggage" some women bring with them after having been scarred.

If you won't date women in their mid 20s you'll have to adjust some of your requirements. When I was in my late 20s I would not date a woman with children. But now that I'm in my mid 30s I'd date a woman with a child. But I would do that bc I know that a woman in my age bracket likely has a child or two. If she possesses other qualities that are important to me then I can work with her having a child. So I'm not saying lower your standards, I'm just saying adjust them. That won't guarantee that you'll find someone, but you may have more options.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:14 AM

370 posts, read 1,366,347 times
In the end, then, it's better to be alone then be with a woman who sees you as Johnny paycheck anyhow.

Or, if you want, go find a smarter, younger girl. You are free to move when you finish your degree. WV is not the whole world!

Get out of your town and move to a larger city to have more choice. Or join a club (there are many dating clubs online) or get a hobby and meet women that way.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
WL, I'm from Eastern Europe and you are wrong. American men are not known for treating women better, they're known for being able to provide for. Financially.
You really should quit trying to spew that myth that foreign women only care about money. You're just trying to side with the women on here. I have studied tons of cultures I know for a fact women are treated very well in America compared to many countries. I don't buy it that foreign women are just gold diggers like American women. My friends wife is from Brazil which is NOT a poor country....AND she makes more money than he does. Also you dodged by reply to one of your earlier posts by the way
If I have time let me find it real quick so I can re-quote you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships