Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 10:21 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,914 times

Advertisements

Men generally dislike women who make more than they do. If the woman makes more it makes them feel like they are not providing like they should be and it becomes an insult to their manhood.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:29 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Not to go OT, but one ironic thing I've noticed on this thread is, George Clooney is being held up here as the epitome of male attractiveness! As a fellow male...he is just about probably one of the *least-attractive* looking ppl I can think of! ("Least attractive" meant in a platonic manner of course, as I am a straight guy who likes gals )

You want attractive guys...talk about Brad Pitt or someone similar...I seriously can't imagine that anyone would honestly think of George Clooney as attractive!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Not to go OT, but one ironic thing I've noticed on this thread is, George Clooney is being held up here as the epitome of male attractiveness! As a fellow male...he is just about probably one of the *least-attractive* looking ppl I can think of! ("Least attractive" meant in a platonic manner of course, as I am a straight guy who likes gals )

You want attractive guys...talk about Brad Pitt or someone similar...I seriously can't imagine that anyone would honestly think of George Clooney as attractive!
Brad Pitt is not attractive in my opinion. George Clooney on the other hand is hot!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:

Brad Pitt is too pretty...George Clooney is the perfect man!!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:40 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You obviously never read his first thread on this subject which is the reason people have issues with him. No one cares that he wants to go outside the country to find a wife at all. What people take issue with is his attitude that American women are all gold diggers,want a hot guy, play games,and run 20 guys at a time because they can. He complains about the fact he has issues with women, but fails to think HE might be the problem. I mean the guy is 45 and shows up to pick up his date with his car which has a breathalyser on it and wonders why a woman might have an issue. He goes on and on about how he should not settle for less, but then says women should settle for him even though he has flaws.....so you were saying?
lucidkitty you already admitted you're one of the ulta picky gold-seeking American women so you have no right to try to take anyone to task. You said I don't deserve somone decent just because I'm not loaded at age 35. Which is the exact attitude I have said American women have. A woman that is a 6 expects a 9 in our country.

Not to mention I clearly pointed out your hypocricy but most people missed it since it's buried way back on one of he first pages. You said a woman that is in shape and has no kids at my age is considered smoking hot...but I'm in shape too and have no kids, yet I'm supposed to settle for a 300 pounder. So it's ok for a woman to go for looks, money, status, everything under the sun... but a guy is supposed to date down and settle for someone he isn't really attracted to. This is dating in America and the attitude women have folks!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:41 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:

George Clooney has had work done. Guess that makes him vain and superficial as a...woman?

Anyway, getting back to the topic... The bottom line, no pun intended, is that a woman from Thailand who is impressed by $50K a year is no different than a woman in the U.S. who is impressed by $100K. They're both gold-diggers. It's just that one has a lower price.

However, some of the men here aren't seeing the disconnect in their own arguments.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Men generally dislike women who make more than they do. If the woman makes more it makes them feel like they are not providing like they should be and it becomes an insult to their manhood.
I've never heard one guy say that in my life. I think some women use that as an excuse to try and mask why they primarily focus on how much money a guy makes. It's like some sort of a justification or something. Money is far more an issue with women.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I've never heard one guy say that in my life. I think some women use that as an excuse to try and mask why they primarily focus on how much money a guy makes. It's like some sort of a justification or something. Money is far more an issue with women.
Oh no doubt that there are money grubbing gold diggers here in America! However it would be foolish to think that it is exclusive to American women. There are some women in EVERY race, culture and nation that are gold diggers. Men too but women far outnumber the men that is certain.

Money was never an issue with me. I grew up in a dirt poor, trailer trash, welfare household. My mother had to stay with men she didn't love so they could support her and me and my siblings. She is unable to work herself because she is mentally ill and has issues. I swore up and down I would never depend on a man for money.

I am the only person in my family to go to graduate school let alone go to college and get a degree. I worked my tush off to get to where I am now. I still couldn't come close to making what my Husband does however because He was born into money.

I married Him because I love Him and we are a rare match due to our sexual interests.

That doesn't make me a gold digger.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion that most American women are gold diggers but I do agree that we have a fair share here.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:17 PM

129 posts, read 246,515 times
Interesting to note that wanderlust is impressed with CTkeith's description of girls in Thailand...... there are no bars here in America, that I am aware of, that cater to foreign men entering to be seduced by American women trying to get out to pursue a better life?

Of course that would make for a way better bar scene!!!!!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post
there are no bars here in America, that I am aware of, that cater to foreign men entering to be seduced by American women trying to get out to pursue a better life?
Here in WI there is: Taycheedah Correctional Institution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.