Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:39 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Then you need to go back and reread his posts, because that is exactly how he has portrayed American women.
If you go back and read the whole thread the only thing that is clear is that you women avoided about 100 valid points myself and some others have made. I've successfuly debated every one of you but you try to avoid it by mis-quoting me, assuming, things, or flat out ignoring one of my replies to your posts. I already made my case a dozen times I clearly stated I think there are a lot of good American women that ARE ALREADY TAKEN. We have also clearly made the case it's partially a numbers game and in America the numbers do not favor men my age. I am not willing to settle so if the what's left in the pool is not desirable...or if women that are my equal are not willing to date me because they have unrealistic expectations. I have to look elsewhere.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Pfft, they're all the same, mean spirited women-haters. It wouldn't matter if their foreign woman came from the moon, they would end up finding something to hate about them as well. Their common trait is the same, they don't like women, they just use American women as their kicking can.

I say lucky American women, a few more useless creeps they don't have to put up with
Wrong I love women and treat them well..single American women and their attitude is the problem. I've already proved this throughout numerous posts. Many are not truly interested in a true relationship or they wouldn't write someone like me off just because I'm working on a degree at 35.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 AM

973 posts, read 1,706,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Because like men in America adult women over say 30 years old pick from a pool of possible partners that exists on the margins. Which is OK if the society they come from treats each group on the margins the same. Thats not the case and it makes it difficult for an older gentleman in America and a women in alot of other societies to find suitable partners. I maintain that most American women are fantastice and taken. Whats left for the man who doesnt marry in the 18 to 24 year old window is undsireable.
I beg to differ as you are generalizing like most on here. Meeting quality men OR women depends on many factors. Both my sons found quality women who were great choices for them when they were ages 26 and 30 respectively. However, oddly enough, both women were 5 years older than they are. One never married and was a teacher with a masters from Columbia. The other was a VP of a companywho been married before but had no children. Both are now happily married becoming fathers this year.

So your comment does not really hold water....

Old 01-15-2012, 11:52 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,274,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Spending money on a woman for a date is normal... most women expect it and I'm fine with that to an extent. I was really interested in the woman and it was an event we were both excited about. Thanks for trying to use that to prove one of your points that make no sense. I don't think a woman letting a guy take her on a nice date is a gold digger.

I live near Pittsburgh which is where a lot of the women I date, or at least attempt to date, are from. You're right though a lot of women in this region of the country aren't real open minded when it comes to some things. It's not just WV it's a lot of OH and PA too. I don't live in the country and country girls generally aren't interested in me anyway which is fine with me. They generally marry very young anyway and like to pop out kids at young age....or they're overweight which is another problem in this region of the country. I'm more of a big city person that likes the arts, museums, nightlife, etc. I think you're trying to say just because women around me don't want me a foreign one would not either. I don't buy that at all.

Those 2 articles you quoted are meaningless dribble... I have studied tons of cultures I know how women are treated in some of them. I never said British men don't treat women well..I'm talking about a number of other countries such as some of the Eastern Europe ones and Asia of course. I already made a long post regarding this stuff earlier this morning..dating isn't the same in every country there are a lot of reasons a woman might want a decent American man. You're still hung up on thinking that a foreign woman is just looking for a provider or is gold digging like an American woman. False!! If that was true my friends wife
from Brazil would not have married him. She makes more money in America than HE does and has more formal education...how do you explain that?
The women in countries like the one that this thread is about are not treated very well.

If you actually did study "tons of cultures," you wouldn't be so interested in women from Second and Third World nations if what you seek is an equal partner. Furthermore, at least I bothered with a quick Google search, unlike your constant unverified claims about "what is out there" for a "guy like you," which is nothing but opinion based on your own personal experience and does not speak for the experience of all men.

You demand proof of others' claims. Well, where's yours? Where are your links about how women are treated in other cultures?

You say you want a woman who will treat you "well." What does "well" mean to you? Because in my world, it means "treat you as a partner," in which case, again, if you want that, you will have better luck in a more progressive area. If you go foreign, then you'd be better off with a Scandinavian woman.

Somehow, I don't see that working out for you, though. See, going by the people who have responded to you here, your running commentary here has managed to turn off the very kind of woman you say you want. The women who are giving you pushback here are the women who value men for their character, not their wallets. And that's just in this country. I can't see Scandinavian women having much to do with you, because they'll be just as turned off by your whining as their progressive American counterparts.

As for Brazil, sorry, but my family hosted Brazilian exchange students through the Rotary. That is one sexist, chauvanistic country. How do I explain your friend's wife's salary? I don't know your friend's wife or what she does, or what your friend does. He could have a degree in a low-demand field and she could work a pole for all I know.

Until you post some links and elucidate what you are looking for, your posts are "meaningless dribble." Let us know when you are willing to provide that which you demand.

Then again, that is the whole problem in the first place, isn't it?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:53 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
Quote:
Wrong I love women and treat them well..single American women and their attitude is the problem. I've already proved this throughout numerous posts. Many are not truly interested in a true relationship or they wouldn't write someone like me off just because I'm working on a degree at 35.

As a women I have to agree with a few of the statements made from the OP.
As an older women, I see few younger ones who are willing to wait, ok with a starter home or perhaps renting, building a life together. Maybe it is the need for instant gratification, a sense of entitlement. Now do I advocate something from another country or culture, not really but I do know that the average life here is for sure a huge improvement over what a third world county would offer. Men have been marrying off women for land and title since the beginning of time. What it comes down to IMO is that you have to find a women who needs you for who you are, not what you can provide.
That is a women of substance no matter where she comes from. I often tell men here that you will not find her in a bar or club but rather in a shelter helping others, or in a church lending her talents. Look at her heart, you will find the right one, good luck.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,274,376 times
Quote:

Here is what your post really means:

The single American women you keep tangling with and their attitude is the problem. You have written numerous posts but have not proven anything at all other than your stridency of opinion and prejudice stemming from your own experience. Many of the women you seem to attract or find are not truly interested in a true relationship or they wouldn't write someone like you off just because you're working on a degree at 35. So perhaps you should reconsider what you might be doing wrong.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:21 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,565 times
Quote:
If you go back and read the whole thread the only thing that is clear is that you women avoided about 100 valid points myself and some others have made. I've successfuly debated every one of you but you try to avoid it by mis-quoting me, assuming, things, or flat out ignoring one of my replies to your posts. I already made my case a dozen times I clearly stated I think there are a lot of good American women that ARE ALREADY TAKEN. We have also clearly made the case it's partially a numbers game and in America the numbers do not favor men my age. I am not willing to settle so if the what's left in the pool is not desirable...or if women that are my equal are not willing to date me because they have unrealistic expectations. I have to look elsewhere.
I have a question. You say the good American women are already taken, do you believe no more good women will ever become available?

Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM

499 posts, read 581,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You're a cruel person. I'm not sure why you expect folk to feel sympathy for you.
I feel sympathy for him if he paid $300 for tickets and was then stood up! I think that's a bit mean of his date, pretty mean I would say

Old 01-15-2012, 01:20 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,213,545 times
Thread is closed due to gender bashing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships