Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:58 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,298,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
I agree, my father was an abusive drunk and the womens movement empowered women in this country in a very necessary way. My point is that there are also unintended consequenses having to do with social safety nets and entitlement that have perverted segments of the female population in this country
What social safety nets and entitlements are you talking about specifically?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:08 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
I dont think hes painting all women in the US that way
Then you need to go back and reread his posts, because that is exactly how he has portrayed American women.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 AM

499 posts, read 581,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Most of the rest of the world doesn't...American women are not sought after the way American men are. American men are known for treating women better than most anywhere in the world. They like American women for an easy lay when they are vacationing in Europe or something but they aren't considered worth moving for or having a relationship with.
Wow! That sounds bitter and twisted! I'm writing as a non American

Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Especially not by those who have major relationship and other deficits and at whom no self-respecting woman of value and of any nationality will give a second look.
Well said!

Old 01-15-2012, 11:24 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Then you need to go back and reread his posts, because that is exactly how he has portrayed American women.
Unicane isn't any better. Outside 18-24 year old's, the rest of women are simply the undesirable type.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You're just sucking up to the women on CD your posts mean nothing to me and they add nothing intelligent to the conversation. Refute some of the posts I have made with facts then we'll talk. You're assuming to know people over the internet you have never met in real life lol. You're one of the guys that married young so you're not coming from the same angle as me. I've been told I should settle for a 300 pounder in this thread repeatedly that's all the advice any of the women had. Meanwhile women that have the exact same qualities as me are allowed to have a 100 page long checklist of things they require in a man.
There is a word used in Erope that begins with B*****ks. I think this applies to most of your posts. I will probably now get a condemnation from the READER for a second time. What is it with you men?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:30 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
According to this, American men are the fifth worst lovers:

German men are 'world's worst lovers'

American men are also the fourth best husbands:

Domesticated Swedes Make Best Husbands - Brits, Americans land in top 5 on 'egalitarian index'; Aussies last

But before you start crowing, they are ranked high on the husband scale because of a willingness to do a little housework. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't get the impression that men who shop for women in Thailand are the kind of men who do housework, being that they claim the whole point is to be "traditional."

Which, by the way, translates to being a "provider," which means you get to spend all day at work while she gets her housework done by noon and then sits on the couch eating bon-bons all afternoon, if she's not out shopping and spending the money you make--as that is what mail order brides see as "traditional."

You live in the panhandle of West Virginia. Pardon me if this sounds elitist, coming from someone who grew up and lives on Long Island and lived in Virginia for 20+ years, but that's not exactly a hotbed of enlightened women. This may offend folks here, but suburbia generally isn't.
If you want women who are less "traditional," meaning less concerned with a man's job, you'll have to live somewhere a little more modern.

Which is ironic, considering that you're hung up on going to less developed nations for a spouse.

Again, you fail to see that a woman who wants you for 50K is no different than a woman who wants another man for $100K. If it's love you want, you're not going to find it with a mail order bride. They're after your money.

Here's a mirror, so you can better see the connection between the two sentences I've bolded for you.

It also might help you see how your arguments are the very height of hypocrisy, given that you are painting all women in the U.S. as overpicky gold-diggers because you were foolish enough to spend 300 bucks on tickets to an event for a woman you are not in an official relationship with.
Spending money on a woman for a date is normal... most women expect it and I'm fine with that to an extent. I was really interested in the woman and it was an event we were both excited about. Thanks for trying to use that to prove one of your points that make no sense. I don't think a woman letting a guy take her on a nice date is a gold digger.

I live near Pittsburgh which is where a lot of the women I date, or at least attempt to date, are from. You're right though a lot of women in this region of the country aren't real open minded when it comes to some things. It's not just WV it's a lot of OH and PA too. I don't live in the country and country girls generally aren't interested in me anyway which is fine with me. They generally marry very young anyway and like to pop out kids at young age....or they're overweight which is another problem in this region of the country. I'm more of a big city person that likes the arts, museums, nightlife, etc. I think you're trying to say just because women around me don't want me a foreign one would not either. I don't buy that at all.

Those 2 articles you quoted are meaningless dribble... I have studied tons of cultures I know how women are treated in some of them. I never said British men don't treat women well..I'm talking about a number of other countries such as some of the Eastern Europe ones and Asia of course. I already made a long post regarding this stuff earlier this morning..dating isn't the same in every country there are a lot of reasons a woman might want a decent American man. You're still hung up on thinking that a foreign woman is just looking for a provider or is gold digging like an American woman. False!! If that was true my friends wife
from Brazil would not have married him. She makes more money in America than HE does and has more formal education...how do you explain that?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:33 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
There is a word used in Erope that begins with B*****ks. I think this applies to most of your posts. I will probably now get a condemnation from the READER for a second time. What is it with you men?
"You men?" The foreign women aren't seekers aren't the only ones making generalizations.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:35 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
In conclusion I have to say never having traveled abroad before that women in Asia have a COMPLETELY different set of priorities than American gals. They are approachable , transparent, very easy on the eyes, do not play games - I am sold on the idea of marrying a Thai woman and only regret that I did not think of this 15 years ago!
Im thinking you should reword this to say "women who frequent the bars in this part of Bangkok" instead of "Women in Asia". That is about as a lame-brained comment as lumping all women in "North America" (Canada, Mexico and US) into one category as being "approachable".

Women in Bangkok are different than women in Cheng Mai who are different than women in Hong Kong who are different than women in Tokyo who are different than women in Osaka......etc. Get my point?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:37 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Unicane isn't any better. Outside 18-24 year old's, the rest of women are simply the undesirable type.
Pfft, they're all the same, mean spirited women-haters. It wouldn't matter if their foreign woman came from the moon, they would end up finding something to hate about them as well. Their common trait is the same, they don't like women, they just use American women as their kicking can.

I say lucky American women, a few more useless creeps they don't have to put up with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships