Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 10:06 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
all of this anecdotal garbage is irrelevant. Please if you want to presnet facts

Have some
Have some what? Your last post was your anecdote. I'm simply speaking of census data and the current literature. I'll link, not that you will read any of it. You guys never do.

Age of first marriage wiki
Age of first marriage census in 2003

"The study points out that marrying younger than 25 dramatically raises divorce risk. Also, age difference is a risk factor when the woman is much older than the man but the reverse isn't a problem."
CBS news.

Now, don't let all those appropriately placed commas confuse you.

eta: And do you even know what the word anecdotal means? You used the word incorrectly in the above post.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:08 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Quote:
all of this anecdotal garbage is irrelevant. Please if you want to presnet facts

Have some
His personal experiences are just as anecdotal as mine. Perhaps I should request signed affidavits from the women he claims to have dated. I'd like to know their age, educational status, a copy of their last three tax returns as well as their top three reasons for not wanting to continue dating him.

Until he provides such information, his statements are not to be considered fact either.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:09 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,298,815 times
Quote:
i went into the Navy when I graduated HS leaving behind a sweetheart that was definately marriage material. When I got out of the Navy I went to college. Unlike alot of the kids who were being supported by their parents or on scholarships I had to work and go to shcool full time. Besides that 4 years made a difference in that alot of the kids I wnet to school with were already through school and married. After college there was literally NO ONE there. I ended up dating a series of single mothers with various baggage and even then was willing to commit to several who didnt feel the same.

Its OK, I went to the PIs where there are many many adult single women looking to start families. It took some time and the with the help of technology I am a very happy man. Its OK to seek a partner over seas

Its OK
No one made you join the Navy. Why didn't this sweetheart wait for you? Instead of waiting until after your discharge to go to college how come you didn't work on your degree while you were serving? I mean if you can work and go to college you can certainly do that in the Navy too. How come you didn't find someone while you were in college?

Shoulda, coulda, woulda I guess.

I am not knocking you I am just trying to point out that since you put other things before getting married that this is the result you got and these were choices that you willingly made. Can you honestly say that it wasn't worth it? Of course not. However to make those choices and then complain about the end result that you knew was comming sounds like you don't want to take responsibility for your choices.

I have no problem if you want to go out and date foreign women. That isn't my business. My concern is your generalization of American women. Women in Thailand and other countries go through the same things that American women here do. Most are married young already. If you are hoping to find one that wants you because you make money that is fine but don't pretend that it doesn't make those women gold diggers too just because their rate is lower than American women. American womens rate is higher because we have a higher standard of living and you will be made to make up the difference with the foreign women in payments to her family and moving cost ect. in a far shorter term than you think.

I caution you against generalization because I can see that this could end very badly for you.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:09 AM

629 posts, read 772,330 times
Median being the most often means nothing. If you look at the average age of marriage its more instructional for our purposes of the topic. That would be 29 fo men and 27 for women. When allowing for a standard deviation or so its right in my wheel house of college age. After that your in the margins and for American men that is a problem.

I suggest a college statistics course if you intend to persist with these loosely gathered arguments that have no menaing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
No it's not. The median age for marriage in the US is the late 20s.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:12 AM

Not true. Most women from east Asia go through NOTHING what an American women goes through

NOTHING. Everything is differnt. What you are trying to say is that the feminst movement has had NO IMPACT on American society

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
No one made you join the Navy. Why didn't this sweetheart wait for you? Instead of waiting until after your discharge to go to college how come you didn't work on your degree while you were serving? I mean if you can work and go to college you can certainly do that in the Navy too. How come you didn't find someone while you were in college?

Shoulda, coulda, woulda I guess.

I am not knocking you I am just trying to point out that since you put other things before getting married that this is the result you got and these were choices that you willingly made. Can you honestly say that it wasn't worth it? Of course not. However to make those choices and then complain about the end result that you knew was comming sounds like you don't want to take responsibility for your choices.

I have no problem if you want to go out and date foreign women. That isn't my business. My concern is your generalization of American women. Women in Thailand and other countries go through the same things that American women here do. Most are married young already. If you are hoping to find one that wants you because you make money that is fine but don't pretend that it doesn't make those women gold diggers too just because their rate is lower than American women. American womens rate is higher because we have a higher standard of living and you will be made to make up the difference with the foreign women in payments to her family and moving cost ect. in a far shorter term than you think.

I caution you against generalization because I can see that this could end very badly for you.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:14 AM

Oh and I am extremely happy with my Wife from the Phillipines. More happy than I would have been with the psychotic single mothers with entitlement issues i was seeing

Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM

He doesnt have to provide facts. Hes going to find a partner somewhere besides America. Its his perogative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
His personal experiences are just as anecdotal as mine. Perhaps I should request signed affidavits from the women he claims to have dated. I'd like to know their age, educational status, a copy of their last three tax returns as well as their top three reasons for not wanting to continue dating him.

Until he provides such information, his statements are not to be considered fact either.

1,429 posts, read 2,298,815 times
Quote:
Not true. Most women from east Asia go through NOTHING what an American women goes through

NOTHING. Everything is differnt. What you are trying to say is that the feminst movement has had NO IMPACT on American society

LOL
I know that the cultural differences are there and that Asian women have lower standards but what I am trying to point out to you is that the young ones get married off quickly which is the same problem that you have with American women and that although Asian women have a lower standard of living that makes them more thankful for the money an American man can provide her that her expectations of payments to her family and other things will make up the cost difference between an Asian woman and an American women and thus cancel out the argument that one is better or cheaper than the other.

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Median being the most often means nothing. If you look at the average age of marriage its more instructional for our purposes of the topic. That would be 29 fo men and 27 for women. When allowing for a standard deviation or so its right in my wheel house of college age. After that your in the margins and for American men that is a problem.

I suggest a college statistics course if you intend to persist with these loosely gathered arguments that have no menaing
Wrong. You have that backwards. Taking averages can skew the data. Medians cover the largest data points in the middle. Your posts are ridiculous.

Either way, it makes no difference. You are wrong. You are uninformed.

And to add, I want to highlight the fact that you asked for links. I provided it. And you ignore it just as predicted.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:20 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Men go to Thailand for very specific reasons....and none of them are on the up-and-up.

Thailand (as well as the Phillipines, Cambodia, etc) has long been a playground for those men seeking out the underage sex trade. These men know that the bars are full of 15 and 16 year old prostitutes and that there are even younger girls (much much younger, 8 or 10 years old) available for the right price. These girls are sold by their families, usually rural families, to human traffickers.

The American men who have "issues" with American women and decide to travel to places like Thailand to look for their "bride in a bar" are obviously partaking in such illicit activities. 'Nice' women in these countries are not hanging out in bars and advertising their 'assets' to strange men. But this all goes back to the lack of social skills (and possible sexual deviance) of these men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships