Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 05:39 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post
If I had looked at my husbands "career ladder" when we were dating, I would have bought him a step stool and bolted. What kind of women are you meeting?
That's because you married for love a lot of women don't in our pathetic culture. Especially the single ones over 28 or so. My beef is mostly with them. There's lots of sweethearts still in their early 20's but that's pretty young for me at this point. I must be meeting some of the ones on here at CD because quite a few stated I'm not worthy of the glorious American princesses due to my career status and college status. I work full time and I'm not poor... it's just that I'm still working on a degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Oh, is that why women would still be paid less for that work these days, too? As women are still paid less for the same work than men, unless they're in the civil service or military?
I don't know any industry like that anymore I live near a major city and the women in the bigger cities are loaded because healthcare is booming. Every time I see an expensive car it's always a woman driving it so she either bought it herself, daddy bought it for her, or she married a guy with money.

Quote:
For one thing, you're speaking out of turn. You don't know what women "generally" do.
For another, as I've pointed out many, many times on these threads, quite a few of my girlfriends married men who make less than half of what they make. I did the same. And finally, quite a few men seek out women who make less than they do, or are not in high-powered jobs. Miranda's experience captures it perfectly. When she said she was a lawyer, men got bored. When she said she was a stewardess, all of a sudden, DING DING DING! It happens.
You know there can be a lot of reason for that and some of them are not exactly good reasons. A woman with her own money does not have to put up with being mistreated whereas a woman relying on a guy for his money is sort of stuck. If I married a woman from another country I would totally encourage her to pursue her own career and interests once she came to America if she wished. I would treat her like gold regardless.

I know of one very unhappy woman that married a guy just because he thought he was a catch due to his career...she is not in love with him but she has kids with him and does not know what to do. She would cheat on him with the right guy. I know of another woman in similar situation and she has cheated multiple times. I'm very leary of women that pursue men or don't pursue men based on his career status.

Also some women with careers are really busy so some guys make a big deal out of that for whatever reason. I have my own life and don't need cooked for or what not so a busy career woman isn't a problem to me.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 AM

663 posts, read 1,082,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
But the gold they are digging for is peanuts in comparison to what an american woman would dig for. American women have figured out how to steal a mans future (child support, alimony) and not just the money he has in his pockets at the time.
Oh, brother. People such as yourself never tire of that argument, do you? It's called personal responsibility and with that attitude, it is obvious you have none. If you don't want children whose mother will rob your financial future, use a condom or get a vasectomy. Don't get married. I don't care which country she's from.....just dont. I don't care if she says she's on the pill and you watch her take it everyday, just don't.

Because what it comes down to is you are responsible for your own life and how it turns out. Your argument is trite, used up, and lacking any kind of personal responsibility....everything is everyone else's fault .

Digging for peanuts.....pfffft. I don't think so. When my uncle married his foreign wife and she ditched him a few years later.....he paid out the arse in the divorce. Now 61yo, single, retirement gone, living in a crappy apartment. They didn't have any children. She knew what she was doing beforehand and laughed all the way to the bank afterwards. It also turns out the "cousin" they assisted in moving here was actually her husband .

Old 01-15-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
George Clooney has had work done. Guess that makes him vain and superficial as a...woman?

Anyway, getting back to the topic... The bottom line, no pun intended, is that a woman from Thailand who is impressed by $50K a year is no different than a woman in the U.S. who is impressed by $100K. They're both gold-diggers. It's just that one has a lower price.

However, some of the men here aren't seeing the disconnect in their own arguments.
I don't see it as just a money issue in the way that you do..I know the majority like to, or feel the need to paint it that way though. People assume every country is huge like America and the numbers game is the same. In America the numbers game favors women between age 25-45 or so.

The way women date in other parts of the world are not necessarily the same as the way American women date. In other countries the availability of decent guys or the ability to access these men might not be the same. Some countries have more limited internet access and/or it's not easy to get to a big city where there is more of a singles scene. Gas is more expensive in some countries so driving long distances is not something the average woman can do on a weekly basis...and that's if she even owns a car. In some countries it's not even all that safe for a woman to drive around alone. Especially in rural parts of smaller countries. I have studied a lot of the smaller Asian and European countries. It's a win win situation she finds the guy she can't find in her country and I find the woman I can't find in this country. There is a littany of reasons why a foreign woman would look for a decent American guy.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 AM

65 posts, read 99,986 times
Well I think a lot of the problem is before a girl even considers you , you must meet certain requirements
ie height, body type, race, once you ve passed that little test you come to the next gauntlet:
job / salary,
car,
clothing style,
how much hair you have,
and a million other superficial idiosyncrasies BEFORE you get to the point where the woman gets to the point to say ' I love him for who he is'

Yes its frustrating and the fact is you don't have to put up with this abroad.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well I think a lot of the problem is before a girl even considers you , you must meet certain requirements
ie height, body type, race, once you ve passed that little test you come to the next gauntlet:
job / salary,
car,
clothing style,
how much hair you have,
and a million other superficial idiosyncrasies BEFORE you get to the point where the woman gets to the point to say ' I love him for who he is'

I agree their ultra-pickiness is incredible... I think women need to try and date as a man for a week then they would see what we are talking about. I mean seriously when you have women on a site like match saying they require a guy that is at least 6 foot and she is only 5'3'' you know you're trying to date in a totally screwed up society. Again though from the evidence I have gathered it appears to be older single women between 28-40 or so. If you're dating in your early 20's you're more likely to find a woman that is looking for true love and a lot of these women are already married before they hit 25.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
job / salary,
car,
clothing style,
how much hair you have,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I agree their ultra-pickiness is incredible... I think women need to try and date as a man for a week then they would see what we are talking about. I mean seriously when you have women on a site like match saying they require a guy that is at least 6 foot and she is only 5'3'' you know you're trying to date in a totally screwed up society. Again though from the evidence I have gathered it appears to be older single women between 28-40 or so. If you're dating in your early 20's you're more likely to find a woman that is looking for true love and a lot of these women are already married before they hit 25.
NEWSFLASH

It isn't women, it isn't American women, it isn't American culture, it isn't the 21st century, it isn't anything except yourselves.

Negative, whiny, self inflated ego about what you think you deserve, insecurity, and possibly, not sure on this because neither of you have photos in your profile, plain looking.

Take a look in the mirror boys, because you both project a reality that is not congruent with how most men are here in the US. The men I work with are confident, funny, articulate, and none of them have bought themselves a foreign wife. Some of them actually do have a foreign wife but they certainly weren't purchased like chattel.

Self reflection is a good thing.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:15 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
NEWSFLASH

It isn't women, it isn't American women, it isn't American culture, it isn't the 21st century, it isn't anything except yourselves.

Negative, whiny, self inflated ego about what you think you deserve, insecurity, and possibly, not sure on this because neither of you have photos in your profile, plain looking.

Take a look in the mirror boys, because you both project a reality that is not congruent with how most men are here in the US. The men I work with are confident, funny, articulate, and none of them have bought themselves a foreign wife. Some of them actually do have a foreign wife but they certainly weren't purchased like chattel.

Oh, but that takes honesty and accountability.

Color me a ****-eyed optimist but I still believe in "Made in America."

Old 01-15-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
NEWSFLASH

Well you don't know me nor do you date American women so until you can prove otherwise...you can't refute what I say based on what I'm seeing. I'm telling you there's a problem with our culture and how a lot of the women are. The men you work with are probably loaded I already said guys with high profile jobs, social status and/or some combination of power/money have no problem finding a decent woman. What is your response to all the women that said I don't deserve a decent woman just because I'm not loaded at age 35? I would love to hear your answer to that.

A number of you women have dodged quite a few valid points I have made and just have to keep spewing the same tired lines about how it's something the men are doing wrong. I guess that's what you have to do though when you can't win the debate.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Oh, but that takes honesty and accountability.

Color me a ****-eyed optimist but I still believe in "Made in America."
Most of the rest of the world doesn't...American women are not sought after the way American men are. American men are known for treating women better than most anywhere in the world. They like American women for an easy lay when they are vacationing in Europe or something but they aren't considered worth moving for or having a relationship with.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,906,622 times
LOL, I don't think I've ever seen a thread with as many sweeping generalizations as this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships