Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 07:55 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,889 times

Advertisements

Old 01-14-2012, 07:57 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
A good burn is only a good burn when there is truth to it!!! And I'd prefer it if you were nice everyday!

Yeah - I know. Whatever.
Sorry Hun. I'm a jerk by nature. I can only be nice when required to.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:39 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times
^^^ That was so funny Percentage!! LOL!!

Old 01-14-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
And pray tell what country are you from?
Right here, the land of the "free."

Old 01-14-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
So true! And that it's seldom addressed and denied when it is makes it that much worse.
So sad. All these older people have EXPERIENCE and some have much WISDOM but it never gets to the young people who need it the most when they are starting out their lives because the elderly in the West are cut off from general society and young people think of them as useless.

To make matters worse, elderly people often live alone and people assume they don't want/need any physical intimacy or sexual contact so they are forced to live in confinement and solitude.

Elderly people have the same wants and desires as young people and it's absolutely inhumane that they are treated in such a despicable way.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:03 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Let me just clear up a few misconceptions here, the girl I met and took me around Bangkok IS NOT a hooker as so many of you tastefully put it. She has an office job , she moved to Bangkok from her home town in Northern Thailand and sends money to her family. Many of you have a warped and ignorant opinion of Thailand. I don't have time to set the record straight on everything you've got wrong I've got a busy day.
you're the one with a warped view of thailand.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:44 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
So you're admitting that you're a loser and need a woman of lower status to match you. But how will you buy a bride if you don't have money???

And no, America men do not necessarily treat women any better.
Where did I admit that I'm a loser? I said I'm not rich and I'm still working on my career and bettering myself...this is only an issue with the ultra picky American women...not normal women that look for the right things. What is your definition of a loser? Someone that isn't rich by their mid 30's???? I love how it always goes back to money with all you women on here...then you try to say personality is the main thing that matters....nothing like flat out lying is there? It's very easy to see why guys like me are fed up.

I'm not doing mail order there are dating sites where you can talk to foreign women. On Eharmony you can choose to be matched up with women all over the world if you want. These threads prove there is a problem in our society. I love women and look for the right things in a relationship partner....American women do not all they care about is how much money a guy has and where he is at on the career ladder. Sad!!!!!

So again...I'd love to know what your definition of a loser is, after all, it's good to know where you're coming from when you post in these types of threads right?

Old 01-14-2012, 10:03 PM

129 posts, read 246,569 times
If I had looked at my husbands "career ladder" when we were dating, I would have bought him a step stool and bolted. What kind of women are you meeting?

Old 01-14-2012, 10:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
No, they pay less because sitting in a cushy little office while you eat your little muffin is LESS RISKY apposed to jobs that men do such as swinging of the 108 floor of the OUTSIDE of a building by a rope just so we can clean the window.
Oh, is that why women would still be paid less for that work these days, too? As women are still paid less for the same work than men, unless they're in the civil service or military?

Old 01-14-2012, 10:15 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
True, but still, women generally marry men who make more then them, or they marry men who they think have the POTENTIAL to make more then them.

For example, a female doctor is NOT going to marry a male nurse, a female professional athlete is NOT going to marry a bus driver, or a female CEO might not even get married at all because she claims she can't find a man who is "on her level."

Women marry men who they feel are on their level, but they generally aim for much higher.

[URL="http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/how-professional-woman-can-objectify-men-and-why-waitresses-dont/"]How Professional Women Can Objectify Men (and Why Waitresses Don[/URL]
For one thing, you're speaking out of turn. You don't know what women "generally" do.

For another, as I've pointed out many, many times on these threads, quite a few of my girlfriends married men who make less than half of what they make. I did the same.

And finally, quite a few men seek out women who make less than they do, or are not in high-powered jobs. [URL="http://lingualeo.ru/jungle/45501"]Miranda's experience[/URL] captures it perfectly. When she said she was a lawyer, men got bored. When she said she was a stewardess, all of a sudden, DING DING DING!

It happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.