Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
That's well said. I bet half the guys posting here have a beer belly or man boobs

I have this rule. If the man's bitching, then he better be as FIT as possible. Chances are, there are more fatties among men. Women get more stick, which is unfair.

There was a 5 8 guy who said he was 200 pounds and he considered himself athletic and toned Most perfect examples are the gym fatties. Burly guys who sit on the weights bench and exercise only with dumb bells. They have huge arms alright. But that doesn't make one athletic or healthy.

many guys try to say they are taller than they are as well...her's something for you-when I meet you, Mr. "I am 5'11", I will see you are not. If you are really only 5'6", and I am taller than you in heels, you are an idiot. What else do you lie about?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM

526 posts, read 955,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Again, I disagree that money spent to improve your health is "a waste." AC alluded to scams involved in some of these weight loss programs..i think he has a point. You cant just give up because youve tried A, B and C...there are still 23 letters left in the alphabet. Lower your expectation and just do it with a realistic goal.. most importantly do not give up.
I agree with you. I met a young woman through work, she was heavy. She shared with me that she had always being big. Since she was born, and since most of her family was big as well, she figured she'd never be smaller even if she tried. Fast forward one year. I go to a meeting and she calls me by my name and asks me how I am doing. I had not idea who that woman was so i just smiled and politely replied with a "great, thanks." She came closer and realized I did not recognize her. She told me her name and it literally took me a few minutes to actually believe her. She looked GREAT! We chatted for a while and she told me how during that past year she dieted and walked, and did Zumba. She started with Slim Fast and lost 15 pounds, then moved onto "Nutra System" and lost 35 pounds, and then finally joined Weight Watchers and lost 50 pounds.

She changed the programs every time she'd hit a plateau, and never gave up. I saw her again a few weeks ago and she looks so confident. She has kept the weight off for over a year now and has even inspired some family members to follow in her foot steps. She's Hispanic like me so we are more likely to develop diabetes and she did not want that to be an option. I believe that when it comes to weight people can lose it as long they have realistic goals and stick to a balance of healthy eating and physical exercise.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
many guys try to say they are taller than they are as well...her's something for you-when I meet you, Mr. "I am 5'11", I will see you are not. If you are really only 5'6", and I am taller than you in heels, you are an idiot. What else do you lie about?
It is pretty funny how deluded some guys are about their height. I know my exact height measurements (6'0.5" in the morning and 6'0.25" by the end of the day) so when a guy tells me he's 6'0 and I'm staring over the top of his head, I know he's mistaken.

I think a lot of guys get really generous rounding up (5'10? 6'0? What's the difference?!).

Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I agree with you. I met a young woman through work, she was heavy. She shared with me that she had always being big. Since she was born, and since most of her family was big as well, she figured she'd never be smaller even if she tried. Fast forward one year. I go to a meeting and she calls me by my name and asks me how I am doing. I had not idea who that woman was so i just smiled and politely replied with a "great, thanks." She came closer and realized I did not recognize her. She told me her name and it literally took me a few minutes to actually believe her. She looked GREAT! We chatted for a while and she told me how during that past year she dieted and walked, and did Zumba. She started with Slim Fast and lost 15 pounds, then moved onto "Nutra System" and lost 35 pounds, and then finally joined Weight Watchers and lost 50 pounds.

She changed the programs every time she'd hit a plateau, and never gave up. I saw her again a few weeks ago and she looks so confident. She has kept the weight off for over a year now and has even inspired some family members to follow in her foot steps. She's Hispanic like me so we are more likely to develop diabetes and she did not want that to be an option. I believe that when it comes to weight people can lose it as long they have realistic goals and stick to a balance of healthy eating and physical exercise.
Evidence number 3. I hope you are reading this Amber. Thanks for sharing DRGirl

Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Im not gonna read all of the pages of posts, but I will give my $.02. I am NEVER afriad to approach the bigger women. To me, they are usually low on self esteem and confidence. For this exact reason, they never come off as a bi**h. If all of the skinny and attractive women were this way, they would have no problems finding a good guy to date.

Anyway, I digress. The reason a women becomes obese in the first place is usually paired with a couple of bad personality traits. They usually have low self esteem as mentioned before, usually are lazy, and usually don't have a drive that I look for in a woman. The same could most certainly be said about males as well so don't think I am being sexist. Very heavy people in general lack a lot of the quality's that I look for in a person and thus I really have no attraction to them. This is probably why it's easier for me to talk with them.

Hope I dont come off heartless, but its the truth. The whole "I have a slow metabolism, or I have a disease" is bologna. Anyone can starve to death, eat less, find more active hobbies. I would agree if they were talking about an emotional disease, which is usually the case.

Absolutely true. Driven and ambitious folks are seldom overweight. We try harder. We are always moving. We find reasons to DO instead of excuses.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:51 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1964 View Post
I knew that the weight was not going to come off overnight but even after full whole year in 2011 of dieting and exercising with the help of a "trainer" I still wear the same size pants now here in Jan 2012. The only benefit I have gotten was more energy. I love exercise and healthy eating. I like how good it makes my body feel, it helps me cope with my medical problems. 2011 was my year to lose weight. After that experience and many many other years of failing to lose weight I doubt I will lose weight this year. Trainers are pricy, gym equipment is pricy, believe me, I can afford it but I feel that money has just gone down the drain where in it could have been used in a way to benefit myself and others. I was and still am ready to throw in the towel this year but since people here are optimistic I will give it another shot.
Exercise is NOT for losing weight or being healthy. That's only secondary.

First benefit of exercise is, you wanna hear it? Mental REJUVENATION.

I think of it like the overrun electronic LED counter on machines and scopes. You know it runs way too much and it reaches the LED limit and starts to flicker. Then you turn the power off, let it cool and jump start it the next morning and it reads happily 00:00:00 and it goes from there again at reckless speed. That's how it makes a person feel. That's what exercise is for - to ctrl+alt+del the human body and the brains. Fresh start.

A person who exercises every day does not battle with common issues like depression, weariness and a general haze in outlook. Keep that in mind before you think about quitting.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Actually I don't eat bologna and I DO have a DISEASE, it is a chronic auto immune disease of the liver officially called "Primary Biliary Cirrhosis".

Not an excuse just stating a fact of my life and the medication I am on affects me differently each day. Some days I take it and I'm fine, other days I am eating non stop anything I see, other days I don't eat much if at all because just the thought of food makes me sick to my stomach and travel and eating is out of the question most of the time. Interesting disease to deal with because you just never know what is coming along any particular day.

there truly are some people who have dieases, thyroid conditions, etc. but these people are less than 5% of those who use this as a reason. I am sure that most overweight people in this country are there by their own actions.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Okay...Hold The Phone, Here

Quote:
The Antlered One and I have had our words over time, and I may not be on his Christmas card list, but I'm sorry, under whose authority do you sit and call him---whoops, stand in your heels and call him, an idiot AND a liar, in the same breath?

All he did was to express his opinion on the topic at hand...you are within your rights to disagree with him, as is anyone else in this forum, or in the real world, but to lump him in with a lot of other guys you may have encountered that lied to you and left a bad taste in your mouth, and then to disparage him by calling him a liar/idiot?

I'm sorry, but whoever granted you that authority told YOU a lie

Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
A guy once told me 'you're the kind of girl to f***, not the kind to marry'. So yeah, some women are treated better than others.
At least you (or "some women") get attention. Try being an ugly dude.

Quote:
I will never be that cutesy girl sipping lady drinks at the bar, giggling at all the silly stuff the men are saying. I tried that once and got plenty of attention, but it just felt fake.
If that's not you, you should not try to be that way. Just be yourself.

I always thought the kind of girl to f*** WAS the kind to marry. I guess I'm just weird. I keep telling you, JJ, that you run into the wrong kinds of guys.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:58 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
there truly are some people who have dieases, thyroid conditions, etc. but these people are less than 5% of those who use this as a reason. I am sure that most overweight people in this country are there by their own actions.
I was on a research group and the amount of caloric intake, plus the amount of time it takes, to gain 100 extra lbs is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships