Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 07:59 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
yup and I am 5'1 1/2" tall, what a visual aye? It was beyond "I'm disgusting and cannot stand myself any longer" disgusting.
Well, I must commend you on your will power. That's a huge weight loss!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:00 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I see what you're getting at, but your numbers are a bit extreme.

Here is a (self-reported) 220lb hourglass.

Here is a 140lb apple.

Both are 5'6. I think a thin/average woman with minimal curves still beats out an obese hourglass.
I'd take the 220 lb hourglass over the 140 lb apple 10 out of 10 times.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Not completely but very close. When I first started walking it took me almost two weeks to be able to pysically walk one full square on the sidewalk and back to the door. Slow and steady wins the race right?
I was training a friend of mine who wanted to lose weight so he could do sumo wrestling (true story!). He was 650 and wanted to get down to 350. On his first day of walking I just asked him to walk the 10 feet from his front door to his mailbox and back. He could barely do it, and like you, it took him about a week to be able to do it comfortably.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
That kind of honesty is VERY rare among men. Personally, I stand close to 5 10, and weigh something like 154 pounds at the moment. Even I myself won't label myself "fit" coz I don't have a six-pack. I think I may never have one, coz I lack that level of discipline and dedication. People need to understand that when they say they are fit, they have to know if they are somewhere even close to the textbook definition of what is deemed "fit", like rowers, gymnasts and soccer players (guys like Zidane or Thierry Henri, the most perfect athletes on earth in terms of physique, or Usain Bolt )
I'm going to be honest. At my physical peak, I was not your definition of fit - I was fat - but I was also very fit. I was easily as fit as a lot of NFL linemen. Not every person can look or perform like Zidane, Henri or Bolt, but I can guarantee you that Olympian Rulon Gardner (before he let himself go) was extremely fit.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I was training a friend of mine who wanted to lose weight so he could do sumo wrestling (true story!). He was 650 and wanted to get down to 350. On his first day of walking I just asked him to walk the 10 feet from his front door to his mailbox and back. He could barely do it, and like you, it took him about a week to be able to do it comfortably.

Did your friend succeed in his quest? I never wanted to be a sumo wrestler I just wanted to feel good and look better and accept myself when I looked in the mirror and not be totally disgusted with ME.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 AM

71 posts, read 125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
I wouldnt use the word "afraid" to describe it. I think its a personal choice...just like some prefer dogs over cats.

I dont agree with your comment about accepting that you are big though. You can always do something to change that. My aunt blew up to 315lbs from 130lbs about 14 months after the birth of my cousin. The Docs attributed it to post partum depression. All she did was moan and complain about being overweight until her husband got fed up and dragged her into the gym. She explained that it was the most humbling experience and one of the hardest thing she'd ever done but she is back down to her regular weight after several months of serious hard work. Now, this lady is one of the laziest people i know.... so if she can do it, believe me...ANYONE CAN!!!!
I understand that very tall women 5'7 and up cannot change their body but after trying to lose weight for years now it's is pretty much that my body wants to stay at this weight. I am 430lbs at 5'4 Even when I was slender I was described what younger people nowadays would call a "butterface". I don't feel the need to spend anymore money on trying to lose weight when it isnt going to happen. I am not even going to bother to reply to the immature comments here.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Did your friend succeed in his quest? I never wanted to be a sumo wrestler I just wanted to feel good and look better and accept myself when I looked in the mirror and not be totally disgusted with ME.
Unfortunately, he didn't. He gave up on doing it naturally, went to have bariatric surgery, cheated while in the hospital (eating donuts, and the like), had complications as a result and died shortly afterward.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:14 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1964 View Post
Are men afraid to approach bigger woman? Just wondering? Up until this point I am just going to accept that I am big and that it is just a fact of life. What do the men think on here?
I love how you portray confidence even on an anonomous internet forum.

Honestly, its not that men are "afraid" to approach bigger women, it really is that most men are just not attracted to bigger women.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:22 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'd take the 220 lb hourglass over the 140 lb apple 10 out of 10 times.
Seconded

I'll play the motorboat on her tummy.

Bbbbbrrrrrrrrr BBbbbbbbrrrr BBbbbbbbrrrr

Wait, can I get about 40-60 pounds off. 170 sounds good to me.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:25 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1964 View Post
I understand that very tall women 5'7 and up cannot change their body but after trying to lose weight for years now it's is pretty much that my body wants to stay at this weight. I am 430lbs at 5'4 Even when I was slender I was described what younger people nowadays would call a "butterface". I don't feel the need to spend anymore money on trying to lose weight when it isnt going to happen. I am not even going to bother to reply to the immature comments here.
But Amber you've just read a testimony from csd610 who fought through her situation and made it. I've also given you an example of my aunt (the laziest person I know..no exaggeration) coming out on the winning end of her battle with weight issues...why do you think we are sharing this info with you? You too can do it.

I cannot honestly tell you that i know what you are going thru because quite frankly, i've never had a problem with my weight but all i can do from my location is to encourage you not to give up. Its not even a matter of meeting men ... I care more about the medical/health aspect. Perhaps you havent found the right workout regiment that will suit your situation...still you have to fight to stay alive. You must continue to do things to improve...eat right, workout starting with simple walking and see how it goes. I am really pulling for you okay..please hang in there.

As for the silly comments..well it comes with the territory. Even punks that wont have the audacity to confront you in the real world, get a chance to play "the bully" online...so ignoring them is best.

p.s. you do not have to spend money to lose weight. It doesnt cost a dime for you to walk for 20 minutes a day. You can start out by walking and gradually incorporate jogging into the routine and before you know it, running will be an option. Also, you can download workout videos from youtube and use them as a guide. Its all about how dedicated you are to the course. Its not going to happen over night but yes, YOU CAN DO IT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships