Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 11:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
The Antlered One and I have had our words over time, and I may not be on his Christmas card list, but I'm sorry, under whose authority do you sit and call him---whoops, stand in your heels and call him, an idiot AND a liar, in the same breath?

All he did was to express his opinion on the topic at hand...you are within your rights to disagree with him, as is anyone else in this forum, or in the real world, but to lump him in with a lot of other guys you may have encountered that lied to you and left a bad taste in your mouth, and then to disparage him by calling him a liar/idiot?

I'm sorry, but whoever granted you that authority told YOU a lie
Skip, you will always be on my Christmas list. You should know that. I know you are a stand-up guy. If anything, I'll be glad for getting chided by you rather than other phoneys.

Actually, there's a widespread allegation on C-D that I am short, like less than 5 5. It doesn't matter becoz some people from C-D personally know me in real life and they can avouch that I'm not anywhere under 5 5 This allegation mostly stemmed from some of my self-deprecating jokes, where I once told someone tall that I'll be taller than her thanks to my "antlers". But some dense people can't just separate humour from reality.

It didn't even occur to me that I was getting my a$$ handed to be by velvet. But again, there are people who have seen me and they know my real height So this is no big deal.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Even unattractive men have champagne taste in women.
Every man has champagne taste in women. Every woman has champagne taste in men.

Difference is that some men, and some women, accept that they are Bud Light (or Guinness Stout) rather than Dom Perignon and adjust their expectations accordingly. While we'd all like to be with a superficially hot woman or man, we understand that if we're not hot ourselves, we can find happiness with someone who is equally attractive (or unattractive in some cases).

Old 01-27-2012, 11:29 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Every man has champagne taste in women. Every woman has champagne taste in men.
Nein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Difference is that some men, and some women, accept that they are Bud Light (or Guinness Stout) rather than Dom Perignon and adjust their expectations accordingly.
Women are far more likely to do that than men without even framing it in their minds that way.

Men are also far more likely by far to be delusional about their looks and level of attractiveness to women, while women are more inherently self-critical.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Antlered, You Are Most Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Skip, you will always be on my Christmas list. You should know that. I know you are a stand-up guy. If anything, I'll be glad for getting chided by you rather than other phoneys.

Actually, there's a widespread allegation on C-D that I am short, like less than 5 5. It doesn't matter becoz some people from C-D personally know me in real life and they can avouch that I'm not anywhere under 5 5 This allegation mostly stemmed from some of my self-deprecating jokes, where I once told someone tall that I'll be taller than her thanks to my "antlers". But some dense people can't just separate humour from reality.

It didn't even occur to me that I was getting my a$$ handed to be by velvet. But again, there are people who have seen me and they know my real height So this is no big deal.
I realize that a lot of folk here may not care for my 'style', but I will ALWAYS tell it like it is...you and I may not always agree with each other, but know that when the situation arises that it's necessary, I WILL have your back, especially if I think you are dead-on right about something

Now, two other things...I got the 'short-stocky' genes in the Catfish family...I'm 5'8" and weigh about 265-270---just like my Dad LOL...my wife is 5'9", voluptuous and busty, with long legs...when she wears her highest heels (3") she is over 6 ft tall...I think the fact that she and I have spent * wonderful years together, should put to rest any questions about being afraid to approach a big(ger) woman...I have always enjoyed/preferred the company of voluptuous women, but if anyone thinks I DON"T find their slender-er sisters just as attractive, they're sadly mistaken

And secondly...what exactly IS a 'Deranged Bassanio'? Inquiring minds wanna know

Old 01-27-2012, 11:46 AM

3,923 posts, read 6,836,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Actually I don't eat bologna and I DO have a DISEASE, it is a chronic auto immune disease of the liver officially called "Primary Biliary Cirrhosis".

Not an excuse just stating a fact of my life and the medication I am on affects me differently each day. Some days I take it and I'm fine, other days I am eating non stop anything I see, other days I don't eat much if at all because just the thought of food makes me sick to my stomach and travel and eating is out of the question most of the time. Interesting disease to deal with because you just never know what is coming along any particular day.
I know that disease and medication can affect how a persons body reacts to food, but it isn't an excuse for becoming obese. There is a simple solution to anyone who is overweight, eat less or burn more calories than you consume. Its quite a simple answer really. The obesity epidemic is what is driving health care costs through the roof. People try to find so many excuses for being obese. I like to think that times are changing a bit though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know a few 'ugly' dudes and while they may have more difficulty getting women, I think it's much easier than being an unattractive woman. Many women will look past someone's looks if the man is compatible. Most men will completely disregard a woman who is wonderful I she's unnattractive.

I've seen it many times.
I agree 100%. Ugly guys CAN date hot girls, not the other way around. Although, I believe Money has some influence on this. Most of the times a hot woman is only with an ugly guy because he has money.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:47 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I realize that a lot of folk here may not care for my 'style', but I will ALWAYS tell it like it is...you and I may not always agree with each other, but know that when the situation arises that it's necessary, I WILL have your back, especially if I think you are dead-on right about something

Now, two other things...I got the 'short-stocky' genes in the Catfish family...I'm 5'8" and weigh about 265-270---just like my Dad LOL...my wife is 5'9", voluptuous and busty, with long legs...when she wears her highest heels (3") she is over 6 ft tall...I think the fact that she and I have spent * wonderful years together, should put to rest any questions about being afraid to approach a big(ger) woman...I have always enjoyed/preferred the company of voluptuous women, but if anyone thinks I DON"T find their slender-er sisters just as attractive, they're sadly mistaken

And secondly...what exactly IS a 'Deranged Bassanio'? Inquiring minds wanna know
Bassanio is one of the leads in Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice. He's the textbook version of the classical romantic man. He courts his women with flair, especially Portia.

At the moment I am deranged becoz Portia is nowhere in sight My ole hummingbird flew away from me citing that she cannot live with a "self-absorbed, immature" manboy. That's at the basis of the ongoing derangement

I wish I had a voluptuous and busty wife too, yum!

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 01-27-2012 at 12:04 PM..

Old 01-27-2012, 11:48 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfabuck View Post
Amber1964 my oldest daughter who takes medication for seizures which I believe increased her weight has within the past few years lost over 100 pounds. In order to do this and by choice, as she feels the food helps to control her condition, has become vegetarian. She leaves for work in the morning with a huge bag of food which is all healthy. She eats no meat and mostly fish of different sorts, vegetables, and fruits in regular portions. She has gotten so thin that she appears to be gaunt however she assures me she eats a ton of food all day and I believe her. She also does a lot of yoga but she has never been to a gym. Perhaps a similar regiment might be good for you as well. She spends on average about $60-$70 a week on her food. I don't think many diets work too well and think it has to be a lifestyle change. Good Luck!

Congrats to her but is she taking vitamin supplements? She should if she hasn't already have a blood test done to make sure she is getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs to continue to be healthy. I take supplements now and Dr. ordered because my liver does not process food properly because of the disease. He just wants to make sure I don't make things worse and become a bone brittle malnourished mess later.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Nein.
You are actually going to try to say that women aren't looking for the best-looking men? That is pure delusion if you actually believe that.

Quote:

Men are also far more likely by far to be delusional about their looks and level of attractiveness to women, while women are more inherently self-critical.
I don't think you can say that either. Most men I know are very much aware of how attractive (or not) they are to women. We own mirrors just like you do. I do think women are too self-critical though.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:52 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I know that disease and medication can affect how a persons body reacts to food, but it isn't an excuse for becoming obese. There is a simple solution to anyone who is overweight, eat less or burn more calories than you consume. Its quite a simple answer really. The obesity epidemic is what is driving health care costs through the roof. People try to find so many excuses for being obese. I like to think that times are changing a bit though...

ChiGuy2.5: Agreed that is why I changed my lifestyle 13 years ago and lost 500 pounds. I was diagnosed with this disease a wee bit over a year ago. The medication has just made it a bit more difficult for me to lose the last 30 pounds I want to lose is all. I will lose the weight I have no doubt in my mind it will just take a bit longer and be a little harder because of the 10 pounds gained back from the medication, no biggie.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Both these women are overweight. Can't say they are unattractive.

Whoever issues statements like overweight women are unattractive or unapproached are simply aesthetically retarded.

I take women on a case by case basis. There are some hideous women with a good body. Body shape does not weigh upon physical beauty, unless we enter the super-sized 300 pound BBW territory.

[URL]http://www.long-island-weddings.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/big-girl-prom-dresses-1.jpg[/URL]

Or here. At least half the women here aren't bad looking at all.
[URL="http://extralargeaslife.com/2010/plus-size-models/"]Plus Size Models. | XL as life![/URL]

I'm a big fat basher myself. But let's be real honest and take specimens on a case by case basis. It's impossible and somewhat idiotic to brushstroke an entire demographic. Sorry, fellas.

Crystal Renn looked better with the weight. I think she looks mannish and harsh now.

[URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2090986/Crystal-Renn-looks-slimmer-slinky-red-gown-W-E-premiere.html"]Crystal Renn looks slimmer than ever in a slinky red gown at W.E. premiere | Mail Online[/URL]

Taking everyone on an individual basis is the best way to go, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships