Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,613,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No honey. The reason I ask you to stop repeating it (over and over and over) is because ANYONE that has used an online dating site, for any length of time, is going to have at least ONE horror story. Anyone that has gone out to a BAR and met people, will also have a few horror stories. It doesn't matter what the venue is...you are going to get smacked by a liar at some point in time. You don't give up on dating just because you take a few tumbles.
u r so right. i agree. im leaving 1st thing in the morning for memphis. sarah palin is making a personal appearance there and i am just sure if i show up i can make it work.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-07-2012 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 PM

391 posts, read 689,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It is amazing to me how these people will e mail a total stranger, and then, in some cases, fly across the country to meet this person. I would never do that in a million years.
I met a gal through my work that I kept in touch with via
email for years.

She was quite some distance away so nothing happened but
when I moved significantly closer I hinted at meeting.

No communication for 3-months then out of the blue I hear
from her and the news that she is casually seeing an ex
from 30-years ago... and has included a 30-year old photo
of them together.

Ok, that is the end of that. I was interested in meeting but
certainly not with an ex in the picture.

Despite the years of communication and sharing our stories
I feel that we were strangers given the above smacked me
in the face out of the blue.

I'm now jaded about the remote thing. Actually, fact is I'm
jaded about the whole relationship thing. There doesn't seem
to be any other living creature on earth that is quite so hard
on each other as humans are.

I've heard enough about the online dating to be very leary
of that now too.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 AM

37,771 posts, read 46,244,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Never would I do that.

I use to only correspond with guys within an hour drive away and would meet them within 1-2 weeks of chatting.
YEp...that's pretty much my rule too. And it's worked marvelously.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 AM

31,269 posts, read 22,263,050 times
Quote:
YEp...that's pretty much my rule too. And it's worked marvelously.
It's really an effort and risk vs reward situation. If you can't meet any one locally, maybe it's worth it? Ive only met 2 woman online who were far away, that I had a real desire to meet and I am still reserved about that. In both cases, I scratch my head why they were not spoken for One was here and another from a dating site.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 02-08-2012 at 08:58 AM..

Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,613,229 times
Quote:
No honey. The reason I ask you to stop repeating it (over and over and over) is because ANYONE that has used an online dating site, for any length of time, is going to have at least ONE horror story. Anyone that has gone out to a BAR and met people, will also have a few horror stories. It doesn't matter what the venue is...you are going to get smacked by a liar at some point in time. You don't give up on dating just because you take a few tumbles.
I took to heart what u said I am at the airport now headed for Memphis I got the dozen roses in the bag this time for sure

Old 02-08-2012, 01:06 PM

951 posts, read 1,814,420 times
Default It Isn't Just Online

For most men (70 to 80%) with all the rejection that they face and the difficulty that they have actually getting dates, they are unlikely to ever get to know enough women to be statistically likely to find someone who is appropriate.

Women tend to focus on the 10 to 20 % of guys who get 98% of the dates and assume that their experience is normal.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,758,554 times
If you're an ugly woman with a picture up there, you won't get any responses either. Most of the men troll those sites for attractive easy lays.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,297,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
If you're an ugly woman with a picture up there, you won't get any responses either. Most of the men troll those sites for attractive easy lays.

The great irony is that if a woman is attractive, she'll have better options than men like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
For most men (70 to 80%) with all the rejection that they face and the difficulty that they have actually getting dates, they are unlikely to ever get to know enough women to be statistically likely to find someone who is appropriate.

Women tend to focus on the 10 to 20 % of guys who get 98% of the dates and assume that their experience is normal.
Source for those statistics, please? Reputable sites and journals, if you would.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,758,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
The great irony is that if a woman is attractive, she'll have better options than men like that.

I'm talking about when she's not attractive.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,297,487 times
Quote:
I'm talking about when she's not attractive.
Hmm...

Quote:
I'm talking about the "attractive easy lays."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships