Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you....
Date a rich guy whos ugly, boring, but extremely intelligent 5 20.00%
Date a rich guy who is a little bit below average, extremely boring but intelligent 5 20.00%
Date an average looking guy make, making 50k a year, somewhat interesting and mildly intelligent 9 36.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 40K a year, extremely fun, not very intelligent, 3 12.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 50K a year and a little boring average intelligence 2 8.00%
Date an average looking guy making 50K a year, bore fest but extremely intelligent 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:57 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,583,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Whats your opinion on this?

Personally I think its a boat load of ****.

I think women's priorities in finding a partner lie in the face, personality and intelligence not so much as in their wallets.
I know women don't like broke or poor men but an average financial but hot guy will take the women over the ugly rich guy. 9/10

Why do men have this big perception that women's number 1 priority is money when its just a big priority but not number 1.
What you are missing is that the qualities that make one successful are attractive by themselves. So, yes, success sways opinion. However, you can have those traits and not be, financially, successful and be just as attractive or, sometimes, more attractive. They just, often, lead to success.

At first glance success is attractive because of the assumption someone is a hard worker, intelligent, savy, etc, etc, etc, but it may turn out he's a jerk and that trumps everything for most women.

I'll agree with the face being important but it's not the hotter the better. We tend to seek partners who are at about the same hottness level we are give or take a point or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 05:50 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,025,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
What you are missing is that the qualities that make one successful are attractive by themselves. So, yes, success sways opinion. However, you can have those traits and not be, financially, successful and be just as attractive or, sometimes, more attractive. They just, often, lead to success.

At first glance success is attractive because of the assumption someone is a hard worker, intelligent, savy, etc, etc, etc, but it may turn out he's a jerk and that trumps everything for most women.

I'll agree with the face being important but it's not the hotter the better. We tend to seek partners who are at about the same hottness level we are give or take a point or two.
I've noticed that.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM

19 posts, read 36,401 times
I am CFO, make a ton of money, am average looking but fun - went to a good school and was in a good fraternity. Plus I'm hung, but most of you are right, women don't go for me. I routinely see superhot women with the biggest clowns. The douchey 1mm beard all the way around, tats, low slung pants, clearly misogynistic and ghetto. Where are the classy, attractive women? They're not seated at the bar at Ruth's Chris to my knowledge if they are they're on the arm of a good provider, and more power to 'em...

Old 12-21-2012, 05:03 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,588,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Whats your opinion on this?

Personally I think its a boat load of ****.

I think women's priorities in finding a partner lie in the face, personality and intelligence not so much as in their wallets.
I know women don't like broke or poor men but an average financial but hot guy will take the women over the ugly rich guy. 9/10

Why do men have this big perception that women's number 1 priority is money when its just a big priority but not number 1.
Yes, rich men are sought out aggressively by women which is why SMART rich men are low key and not too flashy.

But if you want to see the action go to Miami, or a NBA allstar weekend, and there you will see flocks of young gorgeous women looking for any kind of way to get their hands on the male athletes. These women go as far as hiding out in hotel closets or hanging out in hotel bars all day just to they can get a chance to bump into who they are looking for. They also have been known to follow team buses from one city to the next.

And I'm sure I told this story before but I knew a guy who owned a Ferrari and he told me women would leave undergarments on his car with phone numbers and he would get flashed (boobs) by women on the freeway. His girlfriend at the time made him get rid of the car because it attracted so many women.

And speaking of Ferrari, the F430 is my fav!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,588,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Barue View Post
Where are the classy, attractive women? .

Thailand! I know first hand as I was there a few weeks ago.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:07 PM

19 posts, read 36,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Yes, rich men are sought out aggressively by women which is why SMART rich men are low key and not too flashy.

But if you want to see the action go to Miami, or a NBA allstar weekend, and there you will see flocks of young gorgeous women looking for any kind of way to get their hands on the male athletes. These women go as far as hiding out in hotel closets or hanging out in hotel bars all day just to they can get a chance to bump into who they are looking for. They also have been known to follow team buses from once city to the next.

And I'm sure I told this story before but I knew a guy who owned a Ferrari and he told me women would leave undergarments on his car with phone numbers and he would get flashed (boobs) by women on the freeway. His girlfriend at the time made him get rid of the car because it attracted so many women.

And speaking of Ferrari, the F430 is my fav!!!
CaliCali is right, I don't go around handing out my CFO business cards. That would be the definition of showing off not to mention desperate.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,488,864 times
Not really. Most men who complain about this feel it has been done to them, are bitter, and like to complain about it. I think it is far more common for men to get overly hung up on looks than it is for women to get overly hung up on money.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:59 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,210,536 times
Not every woman can pull a rich man though, they're not enough to go around and they tend to have tons of options because of this. Even though I disagree with her politics I believe alot of the hate for Ann romney was that some women(some have even admitted this to me) were jealous that she married a rich guy while they are dating dudes who barely make 40,000 a year.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,226,085 times
Hahahaha is this Ipfan's alt?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:34 AM

630 posts, read 1,050,021 times
short answer? yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships