Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 09:37 AM

491 posts, read 569,453 times

Advertisements

By that logic the mother should be given a random child that's already been cleaned from the ward. After all genetics don't matter, it's still a baby that needs love and a family regardless of it's yours or not.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
By that logic the mother should be given a random child that's already been cleaned from the ward. After all genetics don't matter, it's still a baby that needs love and a family regardless of it's yours or not.
What would be the point in that. I never said genetics doesn't matter, its not the be all, end all. The bond that develops between parents and child is not on the molecular level. Women who have been given the wrong child at birth have never to my knowledge walked out on the child she raised when she found out it did not share her DNA.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:49 AM

723 posts, read 2,193,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I guess I don't realize the importance of passing on your genes. I do know the importance of love, devotion and family. Many people who want children are happy to adopt or be non-biological parents because they want children. I actually see this importance of passing down ones genes above all else as narcissistic, like men who put so much weight into having sons in order to carry on their name and in doing so have little regard for their daughters or wives if they don't produce a male child.
CHOICE.

If you adopt a newborn or enter into a blended family, fine. The guy wants to make that choice 100% fully on board no doubt about it good.

If the child is conceived by deception by which the lady tricks the man into thinking that it is his, that's the issue. Narcassistic is the chick who says "oh yes, that baby is yours no doubt about it" and ruins three (!) lives in the process (the child, the nonbio dad who thinks he's the bio dad, and the bio dad who does not know that their child exists). They find themselves in these sticky situations because of their stupid actions, then lie to everyone to save face, then the courts assist in this tomfoolery by forcing the nonbio dad to pay. because it's for the kids.

Adoption Does not = False Paternity. How you can even make that connection baffles me so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Women who have been given the wrong child at birth have never to my knowledge walked out on the child she raised when she found out it did not share her DNA.
Like adoption, the road to False Paternity is obviously entirely different than a hospital error.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
CHOICE.

If you adopt a newborn or enter into a blended family, fine. The guy wants to make that choice 100% fully on board no doubt about it good.

If the child is conceived by deception by which the lady tricks the man into thinking that it is his, that's the issue. Narcassistic is the chick who says "oh yes, that baby is yours no doubt about it" and ruins three (!) lives in the process (the child, the nonbio dad who thinks he's the bio dad, and the bio dad who does not know that their child exists). They find themselves in these sticky situations because of their stupid actions, then lie to everyone to save face, then the courts assist in this tomfoolery by forcing the nonbio dad to pay. because it's for the kids.

Adoption Does not = False Paternity. How you can even make that connection baffles me so.

Like adoption, the road to False Paternity is obviously entirely different than a hospital error.
This 100%

Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
If the child is conceived by deception by which the lady tricks the man into thinking that it is his, that's the issue. Narcassistic is the chick who says "oh yes, that baby is yours no doubt about it" and ruins three (!) lives in the process (the child, the nonbio dad who thinks he's the bio dad, and the bio dad who does not know that their child exists).
The problem that's coming up in this thread is the idea that this kind of deception in normal or common. This is Jerry Springer-level dysfunction. The idea that a woman in a committed relationship who has never cheated nor has ever considered it has to suck up the insult if her husband decides that she's not trustworthy isn't even being addressed. Like Braunwyn mentioned way upthread, if you don't trust someone, don't even sleep with them. Get a vasectomy. Use as many forms of birth control as is humanly possible.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The problem that's coming up in this thread is the idea that this kind of deception in normal or common. This is Jerry Springer-level dysfunction. The idea that a woman in a committed relationship who has never cheated nor has ever considered it has to suck up the insult if her husband decides that she's not trustworthy isn't even being addressed. Like Braunwyn mentioned way upthread, if you don't trust someone, don't even sleep with them. Get a vasectomy. Use as many forms of birth control as is humanly possible.
Being insulted because a man wants a paternity test says more about her than him. He didn't call her names or anything, he just wants peace of mind. By that logic getting car insurance is an insult to Americans since it implies you don't trust them not to crash into you. If you're that worried about car accidents don't get a car right? Life is full of risks, it's your job to reduce it as much as possible. If she never cheated then she shouldn't have a problem with it. The ones that are mad are probably the ones who've cheated or thought about cheating.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:21 AM

723 posts, read 2,193,150 times
Quote:
The idea that a woman in a committed relationship who has never cheated nor has ever considered it has to suck up the insult if her husband decides that she's not trustworthy isn't even being addressed.
Why does it have to be an insult? Why should a guy not be allowed to take every precaution on a situation that has the ability to change his life 100% with the associated legal and financial issues involved.
Trust is earned and I promise that a woman who is vehemently opposed to a DNA test with enraged talks of divorce should the tests occur will be 150% considered suspect. The lady who goes with the flow and understands the "trust but verify" aspect in an important situation such as this will more than likely garner additional trust+respect OR the situation will be dropped entirely, with no tests involved!

I don't think every woman needs a DNA test or that every relationship that does is fragile. It's not about that.
A man has a right to know, scientifically if desired.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:40 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
I don't know who is supposed to be doing these mandatory paternity tests. I can't see my husband allowing anyone near our daughter to tag and bag her.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't know who is supposed to be doing these mandatory paternity tests. I can't see my husband allowing anyone near our daughter to tag and bag her.
Babies get tagged around their ankles to prevent mixups in the ward. A paternity test is just a quick q-tip swab in the mouth of the baby and the alleged father and brought to the labs for testing. Testing costs between 70 to 80 bucks and if can't afford a test that cheap then you have a lot more problems than that.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,763,534 times
Quote:
Like Braunwyn mentioned way upthread, if you don't trust someone, don't even sleep with them. Get a vasectomy. Use as many forms of birth control as is humanly possible.
Well yeah, but then sometimes trust gets broken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships