Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 12:20 PM

491 posts, read 570,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Have you ever been with someone you trusted completely?
Yep. I was young and stupid and it backfired. I live by the 'trust, but verify' rule. Have you ever been betrayed by someone you completely trusted?

Old 08-02-2013, 12:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's got that Homeland Security vibe: "if you're not a terrorist, you shouldn't have any problem with us going through your luggage and taking invasive body scans and listening to your phone calls." Uh, okay, sir.
Yea, as a population we should have to spend millions because of this class of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yet paternity testing is considered anti-feminist and feminists have fought to ban all paternity testing. Ever wonder why?

Feminists Agitate To Ban Paternity Testing | Chateau Heartiste

Also see this gem....1.6 million men are forced to pay for kids that arent theirs

"The sample size of 300,000+ DNA tests a year suggests that, as an upper limit, 30% of all children are conceived by a man other than the one named by the mother. With ~4 million children now born each year in the United States, 1.2 million men are likely victims of paternity fraud each year."

Wonder how many of these poor souls "fully trusted" their wife. Im sure many.

1.6M Men Pay Child Support For Kids That Aren't Theirs (DNA)
Rense as a source. That's rich. Perhaps we could just implement IQ tests to determine who should have to be mandated for DNA tests. Or perhaps even mandatory vasectomies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I am not scared at all that my girlfriend will do that, because she is not the kind of person. But I still think mandatory paternity test at birth would be a good thing.

Why? Because some women are despicable, and they should not get away with it. Secondly, without it we risk people finding out after 4-5 years. That often leads to many family problems.
I don't care about those women or those men. That's the thing. There is no reason my family should be forced into the trash with these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
So asking for a paternity test is the same as doing drugs? And I guess bitching about my opinion online makes you a real woman huh? Insurance is a precaution just like paternity testing. Peace of mind. Then again insurance is mandatory so its bad except paternity testing is a one time deal. Hiring a PI is not the same as testing. Wanting solid proof of parenthood one time is not the same as being stalked by a stranger and not nearly as expensive as a PI.
Paternity is your thing. Drugs are the next person's thing. Then stealing, etc. I'm not making a complicated point here. Troubled people always think their issues are the important one.

You guys b*tching about women online just draws a line in the sand. The fact that you would want it to be mandatory and burden an entire population because you're too cowardly to demand the test when you believe you're being cheated on speaks for itself as to the kind of men you are.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Yep. I was young and stupid and it backfired. I live by the 'trust, but verify' rule. Have you ever been betrayed by someone you completely trusted?
Nope. How young were you? Sometimes, when you are really young, you trust blindly. It's different being in a committed relationship with a solid foundation with someone that you trust completely who is deserving of it. If you've never experienced it - it's probably impossible to imagine how you could have no doubt in your mind that your child is your own and would never even think of getting a paternity test. A paternity test never crossed my husband's mind.

And the thing is - there is no law against getting a paternity test. If you feel like you don't trust your partner and need to get one - get one. Nothing is stopping you. Don't tell her about it. I mean, if you don't trust her - then you shouldn't feel bad keeping things from her since you think she is keeping things from you.

I think mandatory paternity tests are just logistically impossible.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
I'm not sure where you are getting your statistics from - but the best numbers I could find were around 1-3%. And most reputable sources also say that it's really impossible to say for sure.
Like most, it's a misunderstanding of statistics.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, as a population we should have to spend millions because of this class of people.

Rense as a source. That's rich. Perhaps we could just implement IQ tests to determine who should have to be mandated for DNA tests. Or perhaps even mandatory vasectomies.

I don't care about those women or those men. That's the thing. There is no reason my family should be forced into the trash with these people.

Paternity is your thing. Drugs are the next person's thing. Then stealing, etc. I'm not making a complicated point here. Troubled people always think their issues are the important one.

You guys b*tching about women online just draws a line in the sand. The fact that you would want it to be mandatory and burden an entire population because you're too cowardly to demand the test when you believe you're being cheated on speaks for itself as to the kind of men you are.
So giving you a source of facts is a source of ridicule? You are complaining against men online about opinions regarding something that your own husband is to afraid to ask you because. If you don't care then why are you calling our opinions b*tching? Btw I don't to ask for paternity because I'm not sleeping with pregnant women, nor do I have kids. Believe me, I would ask for one if I did and if she had a problem then she was probably cheating anyway. The only trash you can refer to are the women who have kids with men that aren't their boyfriends. Not the men that want verification. I noticed you mentioned mandatory vasectomies, but failed to mention women getting their tubes tied. Awful lot of sexist remarks from you.

We already spend millions of dollars on irresponsible idiots. It's called welfare.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:34 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,612,330 times
Here are some lines from the article quoted above, as to how some of the feminists defend their anti-paternity testing stance:

“Uncertainty allows mothers to select for their children the father who would be best for them. ”

“Many men have, of course, ended up raising children who were not genetically their own, but really, does it matter…”

“the most ancient game of humankind, Guess the Daddy, wasn’t played any more. ”

so very sad....

Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Here are some lines from the article quoted above, as to how some of the feminists defend their anti-paternity testing stance:

“Uncertainty allows mothers to select for their children the father who would be best for them. ”

“Many men have, of course, ended up raising children who were not genetically their own, but really, does it matter…”

“the most ancient game of humankind, Guess the Daddy, wasn’t played any more. ”

so very sad....
Try quoting an article from a reputable source - then we can talk.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:39 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,481,734 times
Quote:
I'm not sure where you are getting your statistics from - but the best numbers I could find were around 1-3%. And most reputable sources also say that it's really impossible to say for sure.
I've certainly seen the numbers you state, but it's very, very difficult to get accurate numbers on this. What I read more recently and found very interesting (can't find source) is that the percentages vary amazingly depending on economic class and/or social group. It varies from less than 1% amongst the wealthiest and most educated, to as high as 30% in some small pockets of society. The average - whether it is 3% or 10% or something else - masks these socioeconomic factors.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:39 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,612,330 times
Quote:
Try quoting an article from a reputable source - then we can talk.
Right...it must be made up....bwahahaha...Those are exact quotations, along with the name of the person that said them. Do you really want to believe that its made up?

Feminists Agitate To Ban Paternity Testing | Chateau Heartiste

http://winteryknight.wordpress.com/2...ot-be-checked/

Her name is Melanie McDonagh. I still cant quite believe that an adult person would say such nonsense.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Nope. How young were you? Sometimes, when you are really young, you trust blindly. It's different being in a committed relationship with a solid foundation with someone that you trust completely who is deserving of it. If you've never experienced it - it's probably impossible to imagine how you could have no doubt in your mind that your child is your own and would never even think of getting a paternity test. A paternity test never crossed my husband's mind.

And the thing is - there is no law against getting a paternity test. If you feel like you don't trust your partner and need to get one - get one. Nothing is stopping you. Don't tell her about it. I mean, if you don't trust her - then you shouldn't feel bad keeping things from her since you think she is keeping things from you.

I think mandatory paternity tests are just logistically impossible.
Fair enough, but you and I both know most men are so whipped that they wouldn't dare ask for one as not to 'offend' their woman. I've had a few pregnancy scares and I automatically brought up the test. Were they offended? Yep. Did I care? No. It's not impossible just add it to the hospital bill. If you're hurting after losing 70-80 dollars you probably shouldn't be having kids in the first place. How many people, women and men, completely trusted someone, but were betrayed? Trust is good, but always have a backup plan. Blind complete trust is foolish.

And yes you could get it secretly, but what if it isn't his? Quite a few courts don't take the results seriously and the men still have to pay. If it became a law, it would be irrefutable in any case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships