Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 AM

3,734 posts, read 4,558,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
... no ex wives? I don't get that.

Although this may not be true for you, but a problematic ex-wife can wreak a lot of havoc in a man's future relationships. That's why this is a red flag for some women.

Some of the problems that come with the ex-wife are that

- the man will always be in contact with her due to children, resulting in insecurities in the new woman if the ex-wife is scheming to get him back

- ex-wife intrudes on the man's life by demanding extra money, favors, etc.

- ex-wife may so stress the man out whenever he deals with her, that his new relationship is affected

- ex-wife may act up out of jealousy when her ex-husband gets a new woman

A woman who doesn't have those kinds of issues in her life may not want to deal with a man who does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 12:29 AM

11,415 posts, read 9,342,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
The new minimum wage is $10 an hour in SF.
The wait staff is included?

That has to be a first. I have a good friend that lives there and I noticed he is a big tipper.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:32 AM

11,415 posts, read 9,342,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
Although this may not be true for you, but a problematic ex-wife can wreak a lot of havoc in a man's future relationships. That's why this is a red flag for some women.

Some of the problems that come with the ex-wife are that

- the man will always be in contact with her due to children, resulting in insecurities in the new woman if the ex-wife is scheming to get him back

- ex-wife intrudes on the man's life by demanding extra money, favors, etc.

- ex-wife may so stress the man out whenever he deals with her, that his new relationship is affected

- ex-wife may act up out of jealousy when her ex-husband gets a new woman

A woman who doesn't have those kinds of issues in her life may not want to deal with a man who does.
Interesting post but I do not have children nor am I paying alimony.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,345,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
So, either women complain about dudes making them pay or they complain about dudes who insist on paying. Make up your damn minds.
Ford forbid that women are individuals.
Men might be, too.

The guy sounds like a boor, better to move on.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,427,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
The wait staff is included?

That has to be a first. I have a good friend that lives there and I noticed he is a big tipper.
in CA, servers earn minimum wage + tips, unlike other states where its usually half what the minimum wage is, + tips.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,300,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
This one time, in band camp, I took a girl out and this is pretty much what happened. When I said I would take care of it, she got pissed and started making a scene. I excused myself, paid the bill, then returned informing her that I was leaving and would be happy to pay for her cab fare home.
If she was that upset about it, you should have taken the money. That would have been the gentlemanly thing to do.

Think about that.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,253,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Women wanting equal pay for equal work does not mean that men should turn into whiny tightwad losers.
Seems like you expect to have it both ways...

Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,236,192 times
I think a gentleman at least offers to pay for a first date. The tipping of $1 is completely unacceptable. I would not associate with someone on any level who treated people like that (exeptionally bad service not withstanding).

People who don't tip (or massively undertip) 'on principle' should try walking a mile in the server's shoes and see how they like it. Total deal breaker.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 AM

553 posts, read 481,027 times
Color me old fashioned but I think the gentlemanly thing to have done, would have been to at least offer to pay for the meal. But that being said I think the OP should trust her own instincts as to whether the guy is suitable to continue dating. I have often found that the correct answer to any question is within oneself if they only search hard enough. But that's just my opinion.

As to the tipping I used to have entirely different opinions on how much was enough or correct until I read this book; Keep The Change and it completely changed how I saw things. It was quite an interesting read.

Good luck to the OP.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:08 AM

295 posts, read 556,138 times
if i were you honeh umm ummmm i would have gotten up and left him and the bill and laughed my self home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships