Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM

19,008 posts, read 29,819,383 times

Advertisements

I just remembered I did document one of the instances of the encounter with the apartment girl. It's right here.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/movie...situation.html

This is why I like C-D. Sometimes I read old threads I started and it's a memory save of a time slice of a certain event in my life. She's gone now. I had a huge crush one her. I cannot get over self-sabotaging this ever. But I believe in destiny. If she is meant for me, she would have lingered somehow. She's gone and it's gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,683,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Is that an honest opinion or a chicken-ish disclaimer meant to save you from the pack of wolves (or more likely bit*ches)?

I bet every single exception will soon be found here!
now sierra if i were to say what u just said, u know i would get a lil vacation for a few days, how do u do it????? is sierra an alias for that special someone we all know????.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,928,995 times
Not necessarily.

I have a pretty sweet car, I dress well, and I have a pretty nice place... even when I drove an average car, dressed okay, and had a "bleh" place, girls would ask to come over. I think they want to scope out how you live, your habits and general lifestyle... like, does he drive a nice car and dress well, but have a small closet packed with cats, anime DVD's, and empty pizza boxes and 40's? Or, does he have a clean place in a nice area with some cool and interesting stuff in it?

If there's one thing that I've learned in my years of dating, it's that you should never make assumptions about getting laid, because if you're a guy, chances are that you're probably wrong.

1. If a girl wants to come over, it's not necessarily because she wants to have sex.
2. If a you invite a girl over and she says yes, it's not necessarily because she wants to have sex.
3. If you want to go over to a girl's house and she says yes, it's not necessarily because she wants to have sex.
4. If a girl invites you over, it's not necessarily because she wants to have sex.

I've been invited over to a girl's place, or she's asked to come over to mine, and I've been convinced that sex was going to happen... and then... we cook dinner and watch a documentary about penguins. I've also been invited over or had her invite herself over and have been convinced we'll just cook dinner and watch reruns of Adventure Time, only to have the whole matter degenerate into a sex marathon that you call into work for.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:29 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
now sierra if i were to say what u just said, u know i would get a lil vacation for a few days, how do u do it????? is sierra an alias for that special someone we all know????.
The reference is to the posters, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:13 AM

607 posts, read 1,220,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
OK, piggybacking off this question, if a woman suggests I watch some movies with her and she wants to watch them at my house and not hers (she lives with her mom though, maybe this is why), do I assume anything in this case? At this point this would be like a 4th date, maybe 5th. I don't go in assuming something is going to happen by the way.
See the quote below for an answer to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
If there's one thing that I've learned in my years of dating, it's that you should never make assumptions about getting laid, because if you're a guy, chances are that you're probably wrong.

1. If a girl wants to come over, it's not necessarily because she wants to have sex.
2. If a you invite a girl over and she says yes, it's not necessarily because she wants to have sex.
3. If you want to go over to a girl's house and she says yes, it's not necessarily because she wants to have sex.
4. If a girl invites you over, it's not necessarily because she wants to have sex.
I'm a girl and the above is definitely true. It could be to get physical, to scope out where you live or just to hang out. I have roommates who are always in and out so I don't think guys get the impression that I want to get physical if I invite them over. But from experience, I've learned that 9 times out of 10, if he invites me over and I accept or if I want to go over his place, the guy expects sex...awkward!

Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,864,504 times
It maybe true - Year ago I assumed the same thing..I was wrong..never take anything for granted...the person may simply trust you - if you attempt to persue the idea that they want sex - they will not trust you..

Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM

29,803 posts, read 34,628,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
depends, if it is implied to also leave the apartment relatively soon, its more of a make-out session, otherwise getting laid is absolutely the meaning of it, I got pretty pissed last weekend when i spent the night in bed with a girl and she refused to have sex with me, just what the **** did she think I invested the whole evening in her for?
It's insulting and a deliberate waste of my time and good sleep.
This almost sounds like a "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" sort of deal. She might have thought that your nonsexual time in bed was intimate with a promise of becoming more intimate in the future, and here you are being insulted and calling it a waste of time and effort.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,928,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This almost sounds like a "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" sort of deal. She might have thought that your nonsexual time in bed was intimate with a promise of becoming more intimate in the future, and here you are being insulted and calling it a waste of time and effort.
True story that has been repeated a few times with me:

- Girl asks if she can come over.
- I say yes
- Girl comes over, sits down on my couch, looks at my bookshelf, idle chit chat
- Me: "So, what do you want to do?"
- Her: "I'm hungry."
- Cook her dinner.
- Watch TV/movie/etc
- Sit on couch
- Snuggle/cuddle a bit
- Asks to see my room
- Flops on my bed, tells me "ohhhhh my godddddd, your bed is sooooooo comfy." And then proceeds to make idle chit chat for some time.
- Leaves.

I feel mildly to moderately dejected, shrug it off, and go about life. We exchange texts and a couple phone calls, a bit flirty and goofy. Then...

- Girl asks if she can come over
- I say yes
- She kisses me as soon as she comes in, tells me she's had a really long day and would just love to lay down in my epic-comfy bed
- Snuggle/cuddle a bit
- NC-17

I've known lots of guys who have been really burnt up that a girl won't give it up to them even though she wanted to come over and crash or hang out, and then write it off as her being a tease, or potentially someone who will just use them for their stuff, when chances are good that she's just feeling you out.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM

733 posts, read 1,667,888 times
I wouldn't assume anything, but nevertheless, it's still a highly inappropriate thing to ask during the first few dates. So it almost doesn't matte what their intention is.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,165,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snd485 View Post
See the quote below for an answer to your question.

I'm a girl and the above is definitely true. It could be to get physical, to scope out where you live or just to hang out. I have roommates who are always in and out so I don't think guys get the impression that I want to get physical if I invite them over. But from experience, I've learned that 9 times out of 10, if he invites me over and I accept or if I want to go over his place, the guy expects sex...awkward!
Yep, I saw that and then just told myself don't expect anything which is for the best because things may then get awkward. Really solid advice given on here though, definitely learned a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships