Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is blonde hair and blue eyes still viewed as the most attractive in American society today?
Yes, more attractive than any other type of hair and eye color combination 24 22.64%
Viewed as most attractive but that is slowly changing 8 7.55%
Not viewed as the MOST attractive but it is viewed as attractive 64 60.38%
It is not really viewed as attractive anymore 10 9.43%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:16 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,769,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Elaborate, puleeze!
You don't seem like the type who scares easily. Also, I was just trying to think of something to say.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,948,345 times
Quote:
Aha! I was in Seattle during the 40-day dry period. Same goes for Vancouver. Went to Vancouver for 2 days during that 40-day dry period and it rained one day all friggin' day! It rained in Seattle, too.
I have been super lucky. I have been to Seattle in December, April and June. Each time it was raining in the Bay and sunny in Seattle!

Old 03-11-2012, 09:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,257,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I keep it cheap! Using Boots Protect and Renew, available at Target for $20 and works really well.
I was curious about Boots and recently bought some primer, but didn't like it one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Haha what matching skills? I made one couple get together and Marry.
Keep up the good work, dear! Just be off Sierra's hair!

Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
She's probably just terrified.

No wait, I don't think she's capable of feeling terror.
Nah, but sometimes she has that feeling that she drives the same car as a musical hip hop artist because she saved a lot on her phone bill.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,257,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
You don't seem like the type who scares easily.
True. Very few can match the bite! That's why the rest prefer to be my friends. It's healthier.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,948,345 times
Quote:
I was curious about Boots and recently bought some primer, but didn't like it one bit.
I am addicted to the Botanics Face Renewal Cream SPF 15. Been using it for the past 4 years. I have tried a few Boots cleansers and didn't like them at all. I do like the clay mask. So I think things are hit and miss.

I am using Melvita for my other skin care stuff, but stick with the Boots Serum and Face Cream.

I tried the Clinque serum and didn't feel like it was worth the money. My blonde friend swears by Chanel, but I am too cheap for that (that's what her mom uses with great results).

Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,155,963 times
I answered none of your options, because I think blonde hair/blue eyes is considered just as attractive than other combos, no more no less. In fact, I think most beauties in the media have darker features these days. Did you see the most recent Miss Universe Pageant? I think I only saw a handful of blondes. Of course natural blondes only come from European nations, more commonly Northern Europe, but even among the Swedes, Dutch etc it was mostly brunettes.

I think blondes may have been almost 'fetishized' in the past. Even in movies in the 80s if a 'hot chick' was portrayed, there was a more than 50% chance she was blonde (high given that far fewer American women are natural blondes). 'Gentleman Prefer Blondes' was kind of tongue in cheek, of course, since brunettes have always been considered just as beautiful. It depends on the individuals, if you're ugly having blonde hair and blue eyes does not make you more beautiful.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,780,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
I am trying to make this more about features rather than race.

I have heard it consistently, Blonde hair and blue eyes are beautiful. As a man with Black hair, olive (or light brown) skin, and brown eyes, I feel kind of a bit pushed aside. I am certain that people have their tastes, that is a given fact of life, yet I also believe that the more people you can win over just by features alone, the easier time you would have.

Thing is, I have a friend who is a Blonde guy with blue eyes, he is thought of as very attractive. Now he is fit and cut, I am getting there, but I feel that no matter what I do, having Black hair, brown eyes, and olive skin will stop me from being viewed as an attractive guy.

Now I always thought "tall dark and handsome" applied but I guess it doesn't here in the USA (at least not in the bible belt). What has been your experience?
i didn't read all 30000 pages of the thread, but the Blonde / Blue Eyed stereotype mainly applies to women, not men.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:46 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,749,561 times
Basically that's what's being put out there time and again. Look at TV and magazines, especially men's magazines mostly white girls with blond hair or white girls with dark hair. sometimes light skinned Latinos, again, closer women are to white the more acceptable they are to men.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:46 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,393,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
Thing is, I have a friend who is a Blonde guy with blue eyes, he is thought of as very attractive. Now he is fit and cut, I am getting there, but I feel that no matter what I do, having Black hair, brown eyes, and olive skin will stop me from being viewed as an attractive guy.
I have never been into blonde or light colored hair on a man. I have always preferred very dark hair. I love blue eyes (my husband have them) but have no issue with brown eyes either.

I prefer the darker hair/eye combo anyday. Attraction is relevant but also very individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.